Trying to identify this spider.

floridafam

DIS Veteran
Trying to identify this spider. Any help is appreciated.

Attachments

• IMG_1994.jpeg
    IMG_1994.jpeg
    65.1 KB · Views: 82

They are wonderful outside of my home. Eat the pests we don't want. Yay hooray! But inside, no can do.

However, you can be eased in knowing that most non invited guests of this nature are properly taken care of by the circle of life ... our cat.
As we try to get our new house finished and out of this house, I’ve had way too many encounters with creatures who belong outside. We caught 2 mice after a lot of trying. Finally had to put a game camera in our pantry to figure out how to best set up the trap. The sucker kept robbing it without springing it. The cat was helpful in letting us know there was a mouse, but wasn’t successful catching it himself.

The next intruder was a bat. The damn thing came flying into the family room one evening at dusk. All I could do was scream and curl up in the fetal position. My husband kept his head and followed it around. The cat went nuts. He helped us see what room it went into.

The spiders pictured are common in this old house. I’m the spider killer.

Last edited:
I have a door with a glass window. To block the light, there is a curtain in front of it.
The other day, there was a delivery guy at the door.
And I see the shadow of a huge spider on the glass. But because of the curtain, I cannot tell if the spider is on the inside of the door, or the outside. I carefully move the curtain, and... he's on the inside. I take the biggest book I have nearby and press it through the curtain against the glass. He was still huge, but dead now.

And only then I opened the door to the delivery guy.

(When I noticed the spider I told the delivery guy he had to wait, I had a mission to do first).

I averted my eyes and looked carefully, in case it was a big honking creature. I don't know what it is, but it doesn't look like a brown recluse, black widow, or wolf spider. Doesn't matter- I hate them all. Doesn't matter that they are beneficial, or whether they are poisonous. Hate 'em. It's a phobia, there is no logic or common sense here (and same with snakes, maybe worse). 😱🕷️🐍
Also not fond of these guys, but only because they don't belong in my house! 🦇

ahh yes, lets kill something just because it is icky, not that we need to eat it or never mind that is no threat and not doing anything to us besides sitting someplace where we decided it shouldn't... sigh...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter