• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Trying to surprise DH with a special dinner down at WDW

Bugsmom73

DIS Veteran
If DH passes his exam, I would like to surprise him with a dinner. He loves CRT but I am having a hard time getting in. Any suggestions, we would have to take along the 2 kids too, 3 and 1 so it needs to be child friendly too.

DH & I tried Jiko and Artist Point for the first time last October, and we loved them both!!! They both are very nice for dinner, and yet child friendly with coloring pages for the kids. (We also had our DD with us for dinner at Jiko, but for Artist Point, she chose to go to the Cubs Den!)

We're trying California Grill for the first time in Dec - don't know how child friendly it is though.

Good luck!!!

I wouldn't mind if my DW got me a princess storybook breakfast at Norway. ;)

Narcoossees at the GF might be a good choice for you. It's a great combination of family and adult friendly. Plus it's easy access from the MK by either the monorail for the resort boat launch. The restaurant sits at the edge of the lake and has some amazing views. Depending on when you eat dinner, you might be able to see the MK fireworks or the Electric Water parade at 9:15 when it goes right by the windows.

Tammi

Artist Point is awesome and we've seen children there (we usually put ours in the Cub's Den or with Grammy!)

We also really enjoyed BOMA, which isn't fancy (it's a buffet), but it is child friendly and the food is very unique!

I can highly recommend Jiko as having outstanding servers, excellent food and a very kid friendly atmosphere. It is also beautifully designed. If Nasser is serving, see if you can get one of his tables. He was very attentive to my entire family, especially my DD8. Not many blue eyed blondes in Morocco eh? He told me my daughter had a phone call and asked if he could take her to the phone. It turned out to be Goofy calling and he had set it up so Goofy knew her name. He also brought the kids ice cream with Mickey-shaped rainbow sprinkles that I had never seen before. He made us all feel like royalty and deserved his large tip. The one must try item at Jiko is the pistachio creme brulee. I cannot recall a more delicious restaurant dessert.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter