Trying to understand if/how Genie+ may acutally help a Thanksgiving week trip

barefootMom

Mouseketeer
I will be staying offsite during Thanksgiving week and am trying to wrap my ahead around how Genie+ works and hoping maybe, just maybe, it will help with a very busy week? I do not have a problem with paying anything extra that week if it means I can definitely get on RotR or Remy - is that the case (that as long as I am willing to pay per ride I could likely get on)? I've never wanted to go during such a busy week before yet this is the week we are going this year so I am trying to think positive and hope it can make a crazy busy week a little easier? Am I understanding that the Lightning Lane choices HAVE to be made at 7 am? I am confused about that part. Last question -- if staying offsite, when can dining reservations be made?

I think, unfortunately, that there are still too many unanswered questions to really plan your trip around using the new "Genie" stuff. We are going the week before Christmas and hoping that they roll it (and some more information) out early enough for us to decide whether or how we will use it. At this point the actual information is still pretty sketchy.

LL rides can be purchased at 7 AM by resort guests, off site guests need to wait until inside the parks.
Genie+ selections though, can in fact be made at 7 AM by everyone

I will be staying offsite during Thanksgiving week and am trying to wrap my ahead around how Genie+ works and hoping maybe, just maybe, it will help with a very busy week? I do not have a problem with paying anything extra that week if it means I can definitely get on RotR or Remy - is that the case (that as long as I am willing to pay per ride I could likely get on)? I've never wanted to go during such a busy week before yet this is the week we are going this year so I am trying to think positive and hope it can make a crazy busy week a little easier? Am I understanding that the Lightning Lane choices HAVE to be made at 7 am? I am confused about that part. Last question -- if staying offsite, when can dining reservations be made?
Offsite guests can't book the individual attractions (like REMY and ROTR) until after park opening. You can book 1 of the attractions included on the $15 pp/pd list at 7am, no matter where you stay

I don't think I'd use the word 'likely'. There are only so many spots on those rides per day and they are not people movers. You're still competing for the same number of spots with an increased crowd level...statistically. Hard to tell how the variants will affect cancellations. I'd say you have a chance.

You have a better chance of riding Remi and ROTR if you are willing to pay for the IA$. They will probably be limited in number in order to justify the cost. If you're staying offsite, you cannot book an IA$ until you actually enter the park. Onsite guests can book one right at 7 AM.

The G+ can be purchased at midnight the morning of your park visit. All guests, onsite and offsite, can book their first G+ selection at 7 AM the morning of their visit. Subsequent G+ can be booked after that first G+ has been used. It might be possible to hold a 2nd G+ simultaneously if the first one is in the distant future (>2 hours?) but that's only speculation at this point. There is nothing to indicate that you MUST book your first G+ right at 7 AM. You can do it whenever you wish after 7 AM.

Dining reservations are currently accepted 60 days out from the reserved date for offsite guests. Onsite guests get to book 60 days out from the first night of their resort reservation + up to 10 additional days if their stay is that long.

Thank you for all the info! Do you think it will make it easier to add Genie+ if I have purchased tickets directly through Disney or can I purchase them from ****************** like I normally would?
Disney has already indicated that once Genie+ is offered you will be able to purchase it as a part of your resort package (room + tickets + dining plan? + Genie+). But you will have to deal with having to buy it for everyone on the reservation for the length of your tickets. Otherwise, you can add it day by day at midnight night. There's been no indication that it will be less expensive by bundling it with a package.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter