TS Chantal to be over CC on Sat

lets hope it moves faster than expected or slower even....

Squid

Maybe they will reverse the stops and go to CC first - I am on the next sailing and am hoping it goes by faster so it clears PC by Sunday.

We also leave on Saturday. We hope we are able to make it to MCO airport on Friday. I don't want this storm to ruin our trip. BOO:worried:

The Dream cruise that leaves Thurs will be the cruise most affected.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

I keep checking emails and havent seen anything from DCL yet......

Squid

I keep checking emails and havent seen anything from DCL yet......

Squid

How late do they wait before making us aware of a change? I know we'll go somewhere, but it looks like it'd be dicey even to head out anywhere on Thursday unless she stays East of the Bahamas.

How late do they wait before making us aware of a change? I know we'll go somewhere, but it looks like it'd be dicey even to head out anywhere on Thursday unless she stays East of the Bahamas.

We were delayed embarking the Fantasy because of Sandy last October. The Fantasy was late getting into port and we'd receive an occasional text message from DCL the morning of our cruise, but honestly, we got more up-to-date info here on the DIS, from passengers (or should I say survivors) who were returning to port. We stayed at the Country Inn & Suites and their front desk was also keeping track so they would know when to send the hotel shuttle to take us to the ship.

Once we were on the ship, our itinerary was changed twice. They do what they can, but Ma Nature is so unpredictable.

Thanks! When only doing the 3-day, just wondering what their choices are. Key West? Caymans?

Thanks! When only doing the 3-day, just wondering what their choices are. Key West? Caymans?

The Dream cannot dock at Key West.

They cannot flip the CC & Nassau days because the Fantasy is there on Fridays. It's possible they could turn one into a sea day vs a port day.

The Dream cannot dock at Key West.

They cannot flip the CC & Nassau days because the Fantasy is there on Fridays. It's possible they could turn one into a sea day vs a port day.

I thought there have been times there have been 2 ships at CC...

The dock isn't long enough, and the island would be overrun with tourists. If the shore-excursions are full of Fantasy passengers, the Dream passengers would be left out.

You may have seen pictures of one DCL ship at the dock and another off in the distance, but those are publicity shots -- there's just not enough room for two ships at the same time.

They can only pass by, the dock is not long enough for two boats. The Dream came and said "hi" while we were docked at CC on the Wonder on our Westbound Panama Canal cruise in May (as seen in my ticker).

Thursday Dream cruiser here! I'm so bummed. This is my kids 1st cruise and looks like its going to be a rough one!:sad2:

No. Just another ship passing the one docked.

And OMG - CC is busy enough with one of the Dream class ships! I can't even fathom the Dream AND the Fantasy there together in the summer with presumably full ships!!! Nooooo!!! I'd stay on the ship for sure. That could be, what, 8,000 people total!!! <Faint>

We also leave on Saturday. We hope we are able to make it to MCO airport on Friday. I don't want this storm to ruin our trip. BOO:worried:

Hello fellow teacher. Leave tomorrow am for AKL then fantasy sat. Keeping fingers crossed. Might be rough getting out but dcl will try to find smooth water.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter