TS Reviews 8/13 - 8/21 DDP 2nd half

Ohiodisneyguy

DIS Veteran
Sorry it was so long for the rest, busy, busy.
Thu. 8/17 - San Angel Inn, Mexico Pavilion, EPCOT 7:00 pm
Waited about 20 minutes to be seated. Appetizers weren't very appetizing. I can't remember the names of the entrees, long time since Spanish class.
The wife and I had steak and some traditional combo platter. My 10 year old had mahi and scallops with vegetables on scewers(spelling?). 6 year old had quesadillas. All was good, but not remarkable. Desserts were so so, flan, ice cream. Just above Chi chi's or Chili's. But would go back based on ambience and service alone. River of time, pyramid and volcano all very cool. Delightful young man named Pablo was our server. Restaraunt is very dark.
Fri. 8/18 - Ohana, Polynesian Resort 8:25pm
Waited 10 minutes. Possibly my favorite. Food and service was excellent. Turkey was the best. Steak, pork, sausage were all very good, as were the potatoes. Dessert was to die for, bananas foster bread pudding with vanilla bean ice cream. My wife thought it to be the best dessert she had ever had. The kids wouldn't stop the parade, games, limbo to partake, just a bite or two. My only gripe, to fast. They just keep bringing things right behind the last. Better than being to slow I guess. Definitely on the go back list.
Sat. 8/19 - Concourse Steak House, Contemporary Resort 7:40 pm
Waited 25 minutes. Appetizers were seared scallops and lobster bisque, good. We all had filet mignon. Very good. My son's was cooked well done and he ordered medium, no big deal, since it was free. If I had paid the $27 for it, I would have complained. We didn't like the parmisan mashed potatoes. Rolls were good. Desserts ok, chocolate, cheese, and carrot cake. Service not so good. Had a large group beside us, and the waitress new where her bread was buttered, especially since she automatically got 18% from DDP for us. It was cool having the monorail going right overhead though. Probably won't go back. Le Cellier is much better.
Sun. 8/20 - Wolfgang Puck Cafe, Downtown Disney
Seated right away, nice. Down hill from there. Very snide waiter, said "let me guess, your on the dining plan", and then tried to push pizza and chicken on us. I always thought the higher the bill, the higher the tip. Must have been Wolfgang's son, trying to save money from free dining. Appetizers were crab cakes, so so. To Wolfgang Jr. dismay, we all had angus filet, accept 6 year old had tic tac toe pizza. One hour after ordering and not seeing Jr., a kitchen staff brought out our entrees. I hate to admit it, but the steak was very good, or we were just starving after waiting so long. Jr. showed up a little later to tell us that the dessert bar was very far behind. Dessert was ok, choc. fondue and build your own sundae. Over two hours in this place. Service was the worst of our trip. Definitely off the list.
My first experience with the dining plan was great. Much more so because it was free. The winners for the week- Mitsukoshi Teppanyaki and Ohana. Losers- Hollywood and Vine and Wolfy's

Enjoyed reading your reviews ~ Thanx for sharing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter