TSA at MCO...

Chuck S

DVC Co-Moderator
Super Moderator
These people are AWESOME in Orlando. Flew home yesterday, we were expecting the worst from the reports on TV of other airports. We did have Pre-Check. We were through security in about 3 minutes. If you have a good experience, be sure to say thank you, so they know that we appreciate that they are there without regular paychecks.

Last edited:
What set of gates did you fly out of?

The 100 series, we flew Southwest

... Which is the good side. It's usually much slower on the other side.
Exactly @NotUrsula! I live here and almost always fly Delta which is on the 70-120 end of the terminal. I've got preCheck so every time I fly (about 8 times a year) the wait is less than 10 minutes. This past weekend I picked up some friends that were flying on United and observed the checkpoint there while waiting for them to appear, and the lines were really long.

We came home yesterday- TSA Pre-check- Delta. It was in the afternoon and security took maybe a few minutes if that.

it's taken us over an hour to get through tsa at mco the last 4 years we have been. Maybe it's just the days we fly?

I paid the fee for a Known Traveler Number a few years ago, even though I don't fly a lot, it was worth it to me to get pre-check with most any airline.

Last edited:
We flew out on Monday morning. Magical Express picked us up at 4:15a and we were through security and at our gate (16 I think -- Frontier) by 5:15a. TSA at Orlando is great. Would have waited longer in line to get coffee than we did getting through security.

it's taken us over an hour to get through tsa at mco the last 4 years we have been. Maybe it's just the days we fly?
Or perhaps that time you fly. Passenger load at MCO (or any airport) isn't level throughout the day.

We flew out on Monday morning. Magical Express picked us up at 4:15a and we were through security and at our gate (16 I think -- Frontier) by 5:15a. TSA at Orlando is great. Would have waited longer in line to get coffee than we did getting through security.
A phrase that is VERY rarely typed or spoken.
I've often said that TSA at MCO sells enough PreCheck memberships to fund the entire program. It's that notoriously bad.

Which is why I was shocked at how smooth it was running yesterday

Tsa precheck is awesome - we use the delta side - we have always had a speedy process - we have precheck for free with our DOD #

A phrase that is VERY rarely typed or spoken.
I've often said that TSA at MCO sells enough PreCheck memberships to fund the entire program. It's that notoriously bad.

Which is why I was shocked at how smooth it was running yesterday

They got me to buy precheck all by themselves. With the current mess they are dealing with, though, I feel like bringing them all cookies the next time I fly to Orlando.

hearing this makes me feel a slight bit better as were flying in next Tuesday and home on the 6th--we were planning on flying home on Tuesday the 5 but air was 364 PP

checked on wed and it was 99 since were DVC I called and the only day that was available was the 5th so added an extra day

so it was cheaper to day the extra day--so an extra day of vacation then it was to fly home on tues

and added bonus I was able to get moonlight magic tickets for the night of the 5th so that will be a nice way of ending our trip

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter