TSM... is it even worth it??? convince me!

TxDisFans

Mouseketeer
So, the last time I was at the Happiest Place on Earth, TSM was still two weeks from opening... so we have never experienced DS with it.

I've read tons of posts... and I've heard about the wait-at-the-rope all-out-walking-sprint first thing in the morning. RideMax is telling me that if I sprint there, my FP will *still* be in the later afternoon. :sad1:

Should we even bother with this ride:confused3??? Is it *really* that great??? Or should we enjoy the rest of the park while everyone else lines up at TSM?

On the one hand... we have small kids (DS 5, DD 7) who tire out by 1 pm. On the other hand... they love Toy Story. On the other-other hand... they are too young to be aware of the ride, so will not know what they missed!

Skip it or sprint for it?:confused3

Let's just put it this way:

You will LOVE IT! It is worth it to deal with the mob at least ONCE during the trip. Just have one the the adults elbow their way though to get the FPs and enjoy the ride.

When are you going? We were there a few weeks ago, not super busy, and were able to get fastpasses later in the day. We also waited in line a couple of times and the wait was about 20 minutes. We also loved it! I am not big on video games, dh,ds13,and dd 10 love them, but I really liked this ride! and want to get the Wii game to see if it's anything like the ride.

We loved it! We did not go at rope drop and were still able to get FPs. They were in teh afternoon, but it was worth it! Have fun!!

I think it's pretty cool. It really is nothing but a huge video game, but the themes in the queue area are also great to look at. It is very popular, and you will see the majority of folks headed right to it to get a FP.

Are you kidding me? Not do TSM??? Oh, the horror. It turned out to be my husband and mine's favorite ride when we went down there in February. Explaining it does no justice, either. I think you just need to experience it and I can only imagine how much little Toy Story fans will love it. Also, we were there for President's Week and waited in line for it late one morning and the line was totally do-able.

I've read tons of posts... and I've heard about the wait-at-the-rope all-out-walking-sprint first thing in the morning. RideMax is telling me that if I sprint there, my FP will *still* be in the later afternoon. :sad1:

On the one hand... we have small kids (DS 5, DD 7) who tire out by 1 pm.

What day will you be there? I find it very, very hard to believe that if you get Fast Passes at Rope Drop that the return time will be late afternoon!!

On the most crowded day I have ever seen at any park, the crowds were so thick at Rope Drop that my wife didn't get to the TSM Fast Pass machine lines until about 8:15. Then it took her about 25 minutes to get the Fast Passes. And the return time was still only about 1:30.

I think you'll easily get Fast Passes with a return time before 1:00.

I think TSM is a fabulous ride. It's something the entire family ages 2-102 can do. The effects are fun, the ride itself is fun, the queue is fun..... it's a cannot-miss!

Send your DH as a runner to get the FP for your party as soon as you all get into park...then just do other stuff at the park till your FP time rolls around...it is a FUN ride...

I found the ride a bit overrated. It was o.k, but I would not wait more than 30 minutes to go it...I guess I had too high expectations.

We really loved TSM!!! We were at rope drop and headed straight to TSM--maybe 5-10 minute wait in line--the line for FP was much longer. I wouldn't wait in an hour long line for it (or any other ride for that matter ;)) but it was great fun. If your kids love Toy Story they'll love TSM.

Maybe I was just expecting too much...but I just didn't get it. We did the RD rush over there and rode stand-by with no wait, but it was just...okay. On a subsequent trip, we didn't even bother. None of our family (me, DH, DS15 and DD8) cared if we did it again.

We'll probably do it again in our trip in two weeks (yay!) but only because we have the GAD FP and can ride it without the rush.

I know I am in the small minority, but we don't mind....it let's us get to RnR and ToT with less wait while the crowds head to TSM!

If you are there at rope drop you should have a ticket for a return of a couple hours at most

When I was there with my kids in feb they liked tsm but much preferred RNR and tower of terror.

We are not a video game family, but it was fun to do once a trip!

I'm not a huge video game person, but TSM was like the best video game ever. It's addictive. I knew what it was, and was asking "whats the big deal" before I ever rode it, but once I did, I was hooked. It really is awesome. I think it would be a big shame for you to miss it.

Try it, and then if you don't like it, you won't have to worry about ever again.

If you do...well, then welcome to the club.:thumbsup2

I am not a big fan of TSM as I think Buzz is better but if you have never done it before then definitely take the time to try it.:thumbsup2

I love TSM, but my DS loves it even more. Watching him on the ride was one of my highlights from our last trip. Now I probably wouldn't wait more than 30 minutes, but that is why Disney made fastpasses. So just bite the bullet and get there early and go straight to TSM and ride it and then get a Fastpass if you want to ride it later in the day. I'm sure your kids will love it.

I am in the minority also. I was so excited and it just reminded me of Buzz at MK but in 3D. We skip it if the line is long. Would much rather do TOT and RRC on fastpasses. But that's us. I still say get some fastpasses first thing, and if they are for too late, hand them off to another family before you leave the park. Everyone should do it once but I wouldn't be upset if you miss it due to time constraints.

We were there last week and decided to try it out late in the day no FP the line was long the wait said 50 mins....to do or not to do on our last DHS day? We had nowhere else to go or nothing else to see so we waited it was actually a lot quicker than the 50 min posted time (did I mention we managed to be there on EMH's at night that wasn't planned) think it ended up being 30mins once in the que you have a lot to look at and Mr. Potato Head is hilarious. It's something I'm glad we did but if you think it's too much for you and kiddo's skipping won't ruin your Disney Magic.!.

If you have kids that our fans of Toy Story you need to do it. Even if you're a slow walker, I think it's about a 10 minute standby wait if you are at the RD. Our party got split up at RD so we had to wait for them and it was still just a basically move through the queue at a constant pace to the ride. After the ride, the FP lines are gone so you can get FPs. Our FPs were for 11:45am after the super rush at RD. Actually, I'm positive we would've waited longer at the FP distribution line than we ended up waiting when we rode stand-by.

Another positive is the queue is mostly inside so you're out of the heat of the day as well.

Good luck.

O.k, o.K.... sounds like it's worth it to try it once. I'll wait until DH joins us for the second half of our vacation so that one adult can be the FP runner... and we'll just hope for the best with the return time! Don't know why RideMax is assuming the return time will be at 5 pm!!!

:goodvibes Thanks for the feedback!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter