TSM standby-less test Oct. 6-9

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like living 8 miles away from the magic. Cause honestly, for me, nothing beats my own bed.

Where do I fit in to this debate? ;)

When I did visit as a tourist, I loved being onsite. I liked the Cabins at Fort Wilderness the best. Boat to MK! :)

It depends....how many bedrooms and jacuzzis? ;)
If they'd let me move my house on site, I'd agree!

Love the cabins! We stayed there for our first WDW world trip back in the dark ages!

Soooooo..... sorry to change the subject off of onsite vs offsite, lol. So did the FP+ test end for sure? I'll be there a week from tomorrow. Just wanting to keep tuned into the deal so I can plan accordingly :thumbsup2

Thanks for any insight :goodvibes

Soooooo..... sorry to change the subject off of onsite vs offsite, lol. So did the FP+ test end for sure? I'll be there a week from tomorrow. Just wanting to keep tuned into the deal so I can plan accordingly :thumbsup2

It is currently over. Yes.

But who knows what they have planned for next week.

This test ended on 10/9. But it was done without warning, so there's no telling what they'll do next, or when.

We do a hybrid. We stay in 4 BR/4 bath house (Windsor Hills) with full kitchen, living room and pool, but I bring the magic by: Allowing the kids eat bowls of cereal on their beds, and allowing them to watch TV only in their shared BR Walking through their rooms on my way to bathroom 3 times per night Not allowing them to sit outside on patio or swim in private pool Allowing them to walk to the front gate and wait for me to pick them up. They really like the uncertainty of whether or not the next Dodge Caravan will be "theirs." They do grumble a bit at night when we reverse action, but I remind them "it's magic." Allowing them to eat at the same restaurant every day. Making them walk to clubhouse for a $2.50 pop Allowing them to put on cold, damp swimming trunks pixiedust:

LOL, very well done! This may be the funniest (and most accurate) thing I've seen on the internet in days.

LOL, very well done! This may be the funniest (and most accurate) thing I've seen on the internet in days.

It's very funny, but it's hardly accurate. As I said, I don't know why off site people insist on convincing on site folks they have the better deal. :confused3

It's very funny, but it's hardly accurate. As I said, I don't know why off site people insist on convincing on site folks they have the better deal. :confused3

Well, I'm not approaching 1300 posts, and am a relative newbie to the board, but I would suggest it is the exact opposite. Any discussion about staying offsite seems to be immediately met with rampant claims of missing mythical magic.

I'm 100% an onsiter these days, and I still thought that was pretty accurate (and hilarious). I really loved the picture on the driveway.

The things I love about being an onsite clearly don't appeal to others, while some of the things they love about being offsite instill me with dread (like having to drive anywhere). But the nice thing is, there is no wrong answer. And it may even vary from trip to trip. I just think that offsiters sometimes feel like they are treated like lesser guests, so they may want to explain why they've made the choices they've made. I don't think they really want to convince me not to stay onsite :)

Well, I'm not approaching 1300 posts, and am a relative newbie to the board, but I would suggest it is the exact opposite. Any discussion about staying offsite seems to be immediately met with rampant claims of missing mythical magic.

Not sure where you get that. If someone posts a thread asking which they should do they get viewpoints from both sides.

And I never, honestly never hear anyone trashing off site hotels like they do on site.

I don't know why it bothers you that some people who visit WDW truly love it, feel it's a place that has a feeling about it that no other does. They call it magic- so what. If you don't feel it, fine, but don't belittle others who do.

Not sure where you get that. If someone posts a thread asking which they should do they get viewpoints from both sides.

And I never, honestly never hear anyone trashing off site hotels like they do on site.

I don't know why it bothers you that some people who visit WDW truly love it, feel it's a place that has a feeling about it that no other does. They call it magic- so what. If you don't feel it, fine, but don't belittle others who do.

None of this bothers me. I find it entertaining. Which is why I found Scott's posts so hilarious.

1200 of which were racked up in the last week arguing FP+ with me! :rotfl2:

1200 of which were racked up in the last week arguing FP+ with me! :rotfl2:

LOL- no more than 500, let's not over state things. :)

I sure wish I could remember the old ID I had- thousands of posts on that thing. I'd look like the pro I really am!;)

My mistake, I wasn't clear enough. I meant "accurate" as to my personal reasons for not staying on-site.

Make no mistake though, I have no problem with people staying on-site. In fact, I want people to stay on-site. 20% of my retirement account is made up of Disney stock (up almost 90% in two years :cool1:), so I want to see every on-site room sold every night.

My mistake, I wasn't clear enough. I meant "accurate" as to my personal reasons for not staying on-site.

Make no mistake though, I have no problem with people staying on-site. In fact, I want people to stay on-site. 20% of my retirement account is made up of Disney stock (up almost 90% in two years :cool1:), so I want to see every on-site room sold every night.

Well you can thank me for my contribution to your retirement!:)

So what? I don't care where you stay. Why are you trying to convince me how great it is? I wouldn't stay where you stay if it was free. It's of no value at all to me. I also don't care that you don't like where I stay.

I don't agree with all your posts, but I agree with this one 100%. :thumbsup2

LOL- no more than 500, let's not over state things. :)

I sure wish I could remember the old ID I had- thousands of posts on that thing. I'd look like the pro I really am!;)
I had a feeling that there was another name in the past. Hmmmm..... :)

I had a feeling that there was another name in the past. Hmmmm..... :)

Gee, what gave you the clue? That I know about old arguments on the dis? Maybe that I recall the time when there was a lively political board? Brilliant..really.

It's no secret I had a past ID. I explained it when I first came back on the boards and while some of you are having a grand old time coming up with all sorts of mysterious stories- it's personal and I don't feel like explaining it again. If it's that fascinating, do a search.

But please, don't let me stop your fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter