TTOWL firsthand experience on Dec 30 & 31?

bobbiwoz

I'm happy to dance with you!
We stayed at BLT primarily to be able to go up to see the MK fireworks on the 30!....But we did not go. We wound up watching the midnight fireworks from a boat! We were with folks from the Disboards. On the 30th we watched the MK's and on the 31st we did EPCOTs.

Now, was anyone there at TTOTW on either of the 2 nights for the Midnight Fireworks? The signs in the lobby of BLT said the number of guests was limited. If you were there, was it overly crowded, how were the fireworks from up there? What time did you go up?

I am trying to decide how to spend NYE 2015! EPCOT seemed more crowded this year when we braved the crowd for out dinner reservation. We were so happy to have the cruise for the fireworks!

Bobbi:goodvibes

Anyone? Was anyone up at the lounge on Dec 30 or 31?

We watched from CA Grill's observatory on the 30th. We were staying at Saratoga, so they would not let us up. Thankfully, we had the ADR at California Grill, so we just watched from up there.

They were magnificent!

We watched from CA Grill's observatory on the 30th. We were staying at Saratoga, so they would not let us up. Thankfully, we had the ADR at California Grill, so we just watched from up there.

They were magnificent!

That's the day we saw them from the boat by the Poly bungalows! Yes, they were a amazing. Was it hard to get an ADR at CA Grill?

That's the day we saw them from the boat by the Poly bungalows! Yes, they were a amazing. Was it hard to get an ADR at CA Grill?

Not too bad, actually. However, on the 31st they have that crazy expensive meal experience, so the 30th is the night to go...

Not too bad, actually. However, on the 31st they have that crazy expensive meal experience, so the 30th is the night to go...

Thank you. I do have some BLT points, but if I cannot get a stay there, we will go for an ADR at Cali Grill. It is the 30th that I am primarily interested in. We are thinking of DHS for next NYE.

Sorry-been off the boards for a few days-we went on New Years Eve and loved it! The fireworks were fantastic and it was crowded but you could still easily get around. I think the limit is 499. A few people had set up tables with drinks from earlier in the evening so they had their spot to watch the fireworks. The neat thing was you could see MK, Epcot, and DHS from the roof so it was exciting. We had been at Epcot for dinner (Via Napoli) and went through the crazy crowds. We had thought of staying there and enjoying the fireworks but realized how much fun they would be at the Top of the World. We got there around 1030pm to be safe.
Hope this helps!
Elizabeth

Sorry-been off the boards for a few days-we went on New Years Eve and loved it! The fireworks were fantastic and it was crowded but you could still easily get around. I think the limit is 499. A few people had set up tables with drinks from earlier in the evening so they had their spot to watch the fireworks. The neat thing was you could see MK, Epcot, and DHS from the roof so it was exciting. We had been at Epcot for dinner (Via Napoli) and went through the crazy crowds. We had thought of staying there and enjoying the fireworks but realized how much fun they would be at the Top of the World. We got there around 1030pm to be safe.
Hope this helps!
Elizabeth

Thank you! It was exactly the information we needed to plan! We had dinner at Tutto Italia on NYE and the crowd seemed worse than in previous years. I as so happy we had the Illuminations cruise set up.

Thank you! It was exactly the information we needed to plan! We had dinner at Tutto Italia on NYE and the crowd seemed worse than in previous years. I as so happy we had the Illuminations cruise set up.

Italy looked crazy earlier in the day. We were over by Canada and the crowds weren't bad at all. We considered heading back to our room at BLT and going u to the TOTWL, but we decided to stick it out. We were very glad we made that decision, and, after the fireworks, we used one of the "escape routes" out of Epcot, hit the monorail, and made it back to our room by 12:30.

Italy looked crazy earlier in the day. We were over by Canada and the crowds weren't bad at all. We considered heading back to our room at BLT and going u to the TOTWL, but we decided to stick it out. We were very glad we made that decision, and, after the fireworks, we used one of the "escape routes" out of Epcot, hit the monorail, and made it back to our room by 12:30.

The bottleneck for us was at Morocco. We were making our way to Italy from BCV where we were staying on NYE when walking traffic just stopped! Don't know why. Going back after dinner, around 8:30 there was a Disney CM directing the traffic flow through Morocco.

Epcot's fireworks on NYE are so great! I am glad you got to see them without much bother! You made excellent time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter