Tune In Lounge

princessjadesmom

Mouseketeer
My daughter and I want to try the Tune In Lounge for lunch during our next trip in November. What do we do if there is no seating at the bar? Do they allow you to order food for take out? Do we stand there and wait for a seat to open up? If that's the case, is there usually a long wait for a seat? I just like to know what to expect. Also, do you HAVE TO order alcohol, or can you just order food? Thanks!

I would just try to get there when they open. Since it's the bar/lounge for 50s Prime Time, which seems to usually have a back up/wait, even with ADRs, it can get pretty packed. I know that you can get shakes to go, but I haven't heard of food to go. I don't think you have to order alcohol. One good thing is that there's more seating than just the bar. It's a decent size lounge.

I don't believe they offer food to go. I agree with trying to get there for open. It's very popular and operates like any bar where you can grab any open seat. There is a "lounge" area but any time I've been it's less a lounge and more the chaotic and packed waiting area for 50s Prime Time - often standing room only so even if you snagged a "lounge" seat, I'm not sure how pleasant it would be. I don't think I've ever seen them serve food to those in the lounge not at the bar - but could be I've just been at busy times.

You have to grab seats at the bar to get food and it is a first come first served basis with about 10-12 stools available. I have seen people eating there although it never appealed to me since it is always super crowded (I don't go as soon as they open so that might be a better choice) and you have people standing around you trying to get drinks while they wait to be seated.

Don't think they do food to go as most Disney restaurants don't although i have gotten shakes to go from the bar

Agree with others to go early or at an off time (like 2-4) to avoid the crowds. The bar has always been pretty crowded when we've been in there. Since you want food, have you considered just making a reservation at 50's? We've gotten last minute ones pretty regularly. Now i love to eat at a bar, but if my intent to eat I think I'd want to be assured to do it

Thanks everyone! I guess we're just going to skip it. I don't want to pay OOP for this meal anyway. My daughter refuses to go to the 50's Prime Time because she doesn't like the idea of the waitresses telling her what to do. We went once a few years ago and she didn't like it. We've decided since I only want to pay OOP for 2 meals (we have the QSDP), we're going to go to House of Blues and Kona instead.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter