Turning 28 at DLR! A 6/12 solo/Dismeet PTR! -- On hold until 2012; 3/14

Yes, I'm definitely going to get a new camera :teeth: A computer store I go to sometimes has some good sales going on right now. I'd like to stay with Panasonic and they can run about $150 when they're on sale, which really isn't bad (I think my old one was about $350, but that was also four years ago).

Yeah. Panasonic is good; but don't discount other brands. You might want to see if you can get one with a low Aperture setting (f2.8 or so; which I believe the newer models can do) so that you can take shots in the dark rides without a flash. :thumbsup2

I know, I've just had really good luck with Panasonic :lmao: I'm usually not brand-specific about things, though.

I'll keep that in mind about the aperture setting :) Do plain old point and shoot cameras have that? I can't afford a DSLR right now.

I hate my new Olympus and am looking foward to getting a new Sony, I really liked that one till I dropped it.

We will not be serving Creamed Canned Corn in the room on this trip!

So I've decided that I'm going to buy my park tickets soon. I'm looking at the ticket prices on Disneyland.com and they have a three-day park hopper special for $169. I'm trying to decide if I need three days or just two or what :lmao: Anyone know?

So I've decided that I'm going to buy my park tickets soon. I'm looking at the ticket prices on Disneyland.com and they have a three-day park hopper special for $169. I'm trying to decide if I need three days or just two or what :lmao: Anyone know?

So far my plans are working out for Wed. So you'll definitely want Thurs & Fri since those will be full days, whether or not you want to go in the parks on Tues (which I'm guessing you will) I would go for the three day park hopper. You can get a feel for the parks Tues once I drop you off and we check in. Wednesday, if all goes as planned you'll have a full on tour of the parks, but no real rides and stuff. You'll want to take Thurs & Fri to go back and visit everything you learned about Wednesday! I'll be happy to go with you for some of each day. We might even want to see the second showing of Fantasmic on Tuesday night, becuase we might see "parts" of it Wednesday night.

I'm thinking that we should get WoC passes for Thursday night. Being guests at the Grand we can go in at 9AM and get passes before all the other guests get in. Fran has decided to pass on WoC, so it would just be the two of us and we could go to the regular people section not the handicapped. I'm looking forward to seeing it from that view since I've never seen that one before.

Friday we need to plan something special since that's your birthday! I don't know what you consider special for a birthday celebration, for me it's usually a nice dinner, but whatever you would like we can do it!

So far my plans are working out for Wed. So you'll definitely want Thurs & Fri since those will be full days, whether or not you want to go in the parks on Tues (which I'm guessing you will) I would go for the three day park hopper. You can get a feel for the parks Tues once I drop you off and we check in. Wednesday, if all goes as planned you'll have a full on tour of the parks, but no real rides and stuff. You'll want to take Thurs & Fri to go back and visit everything you learned about Wednesday! I'll be happy to go with you for some of each day. We might even want to see the second showing of Fantasmic on Tuesday night, becuase we might see "parts" of it Wednesday night.

I'm thinking that we should get WoC passes for Thursday night. Being guests at the Grand we can go in at 9AM and get passes before all the other guests get in. Fran has decided to pass on WoC, so it would just be the two of us and we could go to the regular people section not the handicapped. I'm looking forward to seeing it from that view since I've never seen that one before.

Friday we need to plan something special since that's your birthday! I don't know what you consider special for a birthday celebration, for me it's usually a nice dinner, but whatever you would like we can do it!

Yeah, I would love to be at the park the day I get there... The pass I was looking at is a 3-day park hopper, and it's only $8 more than the 2-day ticket, so I don't really see why I shouldn't get it anyway. Because, yeah, $8 isn't really much in the scheme of things. It's less than I'd probably spend on a lunch at the park :lmao: The Disneyland site is advertising specials on multi-day hoppers, and you can buy them until mid-April, so I can buy it sometime soon and then I'll have my tickets :teeth: I'm getting my airfare when I get my tax return, too.

WoC on Thursday works for me :) I've never seen it at all (obviously :lmao:), so I'm good for any view, as long as it's not obstructed :teeth: I'm really looking forward to this tour thingy you mentioned... It sounds like it'll be fun :) I was watching a video about Disneyland on Netflix the other day and it made me wish it was May already :rotfl:

Honestly, I'm spending my birthday at Disneyland. I really don't care what else I do :rotfl: Maybe we could do Carnation Cafe for lunch that day, though? I'm still trying to decide if I want to go to Goofy's or not (probably not, considering how expensive it is), but I know I'd like to go to Carnation Cafe, so if you guys want to come with me, that would be great :) I really want to try their baked potato soup!

:cheer2:

I know I'd like to go to Carnation Cafe, so if you guys want to come with me, that would be great :) I really want to try their baked potato soup!

:cheer2:

That sounds like a total deal! I want their baked potato soup as well, but not sure how much of the other entrees I want, the steak melt sounds kind of good, but I know I couldn't eat it all, and even split between Fran and I might be a stretch with the soup. We could all get soup and who knows split a sandwich. I'm thinking Friday we might want to go to Steakhouse 55 just because we've only eaten there once off the regular menu, but I'lm still thinking. Tuesday and Thursday Fran and I will definitely cook in the room and we'll eat around 6PM Thurs so we can go see WoC and line up around 7PM. We'll make a few breakfasts in the room, but Wednesday we'll be totally set on breakfast if everything works out!

That sounds like a total deal! I want their baked potato soup as well, but not sure how much of the other entrees I want, the steak melt sounds kind of good, but I know I couldn't eat it all, and even split between Fran and I might be a stretch with the soup. We could all get soup and who knows split a sandwich. I'm thinking Friday we might want to go to Steakhouse 55 just because we've only eaten there once off the regular menu, but I'lm still thinking. Tuesday and Thursday Fran and I will definitely cook in the room and we'll eat around 6PM Thurs so we can go see WoC and line up around 7PM. We'll make a few breakfasts in the room, but Wednesday we'll be totally set on breakfast if everything works out!

I saw on one of the online menus (I forget if it was wdwinfo or allears) that they have a soup and half-sandwich thingy that's fairly reasonable, so that was what I was thinking of getting :) I think it was like $8 or something like that for half a sandwich and a soup. That might work for you guys as well! I looked at the menu for Steakhouse 55, but they're pretty pricey for me :guilty: I really wish DLR had the dining plan :lmao: I'll keep the in-room dinners in mind, though :teeth:

I saw on one of the online menus (I forget if it was wdwinfo or allears) that they have a soup and half-sandwich thingy that's fairly reasonable, so that was what I was thinking of getting :) I think it was like $8 or something like that for half a sandwich and a soup. That might work for you guys as well! I looked at the menu for Steakhouse 55, but they're pretty pricey for me :guilty: I really wish DLR had the dining plan :lmao: I'll keep the in-room dinners in mind, though :teeth:

I think the soup 1/2 sandwich was with the turkey gouda sandwich and I might lean toward the steak melt. Fran and I make our own combos all the time by ordering a soup for each of us and then splitting the sandwich.

We'll have to come up with something for in-room that you'll like to eat...no mushrooms!

I looked again and on their most recent menu on AllEars, it was the veggie sandwich and the turkey. I hope the turkey doesn't have gouda on it or, if it does, that I can substitute. Not a fan of gouda. I like simpler cheeses :lmao:

Well, just keep in mind that even if you guys are making something I don't like, I can always go and get something in the park :teeth: I'm going to overbudget for the trip so that I can sort of spoil myself while I'm there, since it'll be my birthday :)

So, I'm bored at the moment, so I've decided to go through the menus for the restaurants I'm hoping to hit up and post what I'll likely get. I'm probably going to be on a budget, but I'm going to try and make it a little larger than my budget was for my WDW trip, since this is my birthday gift to myself.

I'm hoping to stick to water for most of the trip and plan on buying a water bobble (a water bottle with a filter), so if I eat counter service, I'll probably be having it with water.

Golden Horseshoe - Fish and chips. I had fish and chips for the first time at Raglan Road on this last trip (I'm not counting fish sticks), and I liked it, so I'll give this a shot :)
Plaza Inn - Plaza Inn Specialty Chicken. I love fried chicken, so this sounds excellent and worth the $14 cost :lmao:
River Belle Terrace - I think I had this down for breakfast, since the lunch/dinner options don't look interesting. In that case, I'd either get the Mickey pancakes or the Steamboat platter.
Stage Door Cafe - Corn dog with apple slices.
White Water Snacks - Probably a cheeseburger and fruit.
Award Weiners - Regular hot dog and fries.
Tomorrowland Terrace - Again, probably a cheeseburger. I was trying to find restaurants that had things other than burgers and sandwiches that I found interesting.
Carnation Cafe - Half sandwich and soup combo, with the turkey sandwich and baked potato soup.

I don't think I'll be going to Goofy's for breakfast, since it's fairly expensive and I don't want to spend that on breakfast :sad: Alison mentioned possibly going to Steakhouse 55 possibly for my birthday, but I looked at the menu for that one and it's pretty pricey for me :worried: I might go anyway, since, really, when am I going to DLR again? :lmao: Plus, it's my birthday. So there. :teeth:

Hi there!!

I am gonna tag along on your trip report I hope you don't mind.

The bacon wrapped asparagus is to die for at the Bengal Bbq.

We ate at White Water Snacks in June and I had the cheeseburger, it is pretty good but two of my kids had the nachos and I tasted them. They are wonderful, the chips are so fresh and just delightful.

One place I love to eat in the park for the location, and the food isn't too bad is the Hungry Bear. It has the best location.

I think that the Villa looks so homey and wonderful. How great is that view?

I think you will have a great birthday!!

Hi there!!

I am gonna tag along on your trip report I hope you don't mind.

The bacon wrapped asparagus is to die for at the Bengal Bbq.

We ate at White Water Snacks in June and I had the cheeseburger, it is pretty good but two of my kids had the nachos and I tasted them. They are wonderful, the chips are so fresh and just delightful.

One place I love to eat in the park for the location, and the food isn't too bad is the Hungry Bear. It has the best location.

I think that the Villa looks so homey and wonderful. How great is that view?

Hi! :wave: Welcome! :welcome: I don't mind at all! :lmao:

I've heard that the bacon asparagus is excellent, but I'm honestly not a fan of combining bacon with other things. I'm weird, I know :confused3 I've heard they're good, though, so thanks for the recommendation :goodvibes:

:rotfl: I'm also picky and don't like things in my nachos :rolleyes: I'm just weird, let's leave it at that :teeth: I just like nachos with cheese and that's it.

I did check out the menu for Hungry Bear, and they definitely have food I'd get :lmao:

I honestly can't wait to stay in the villa. I've never stayed in a DVC property, although I worked in one. I'm so so grateful to franandaj for letting me stay with them in their villa :worship:

Anyway, welcome! :yay:

What is nice about the Hungry Bear is the fact that it is on the Rivers of America. You can sit there and watch the world go by. I think that is wone of the things I love about it.

That's actually one of the things I love about sitting outside at Cosmic at WDW. I like people watching :)

My favorite place to people watch is New Orleans Square. I can sit there and drink a Mint Julep or some other treat, listen to jazz music and watch the whole world walk by. And they do.:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter