Turning red

From the preview I wasn't sure if it would be any good. We're planning to go to Disney in June so I just watched this to get up to date. I laughed quite a bit! I live beside Toronto and grew up in the 90s so I really enjoyed all the references! I don't think this will be a classic but for the right crowd it's nice one.

I thought it was good and definitely very funny - quite enjoyable if you ask me.

But, why are they called 4-Town when there are 5 of them? 😁
I was thinking the same thing! I couldn't figure out why there were 5 of them! :earboy2:
Also was a little disappointed Nsync song was in the trailer but not in the movie. I thought they might secretly be 4 town

I was thinking the same thing! I couldn't figure out why there were 5 of them! :earboy2:
Also was a little disappointed Nsync song was in the trailer but not in the movie. I thought they might secretly be 4 town

Well, that joke was in the movie - the mom says it.

Well, that joke was in the movie - the mom says it.
Yes they did. Personally I loved it when the Mom stated "Who do you they they are? Celine Dion?" When she was quoted the price of said concert. I laughed and then went back and watch it again. I liked the movie didn't love it.

I think the movie does represent in a really nice way what it means to be a young teen girl. I'm glad it exists. Oh and I want to Disney to make a zenmation section on that beautiful temple. It was so peaceful and serene. So I'm realizing as I'm writing this post that I liked it more than I thought

Loved this movie as a Canadian who grew up in the 90s. It’s already a classic in our house. It really did an amazing job at normalizing puberty and the shame around it. I really hope it shows young girls that theirs nothing wrong with them and that it’s a beautiful time in their lives. I also loved how accurately it displayed the diversity of skin color’s and cultures in Canada. Overall this was an amazing movie. I’m sure some people may not have enjoyed it because puberty makes them uncomfortable or that they aren’t used to movies not focused on a white washed version of their culture. If people don’t love it that’s fine. But seems like a lot of people on these forums have gone out of their way to bash it… Anyways in my opinion it’s 100x better then inside out.

I loved it! When I was young, nobody explained anything to me about my body so it was pretty frightening the first time aunt flo came to visit and I thought I had really hurt myself somehow! It was wonderful to see these things touched upon in a film as not all kids have someone to explain things to them :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter