• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Turtle Talk with Crush

Christine

DIS Veteran
Never been to this attraction. Going with a very large group and we have two kids with us 3 & 4. The 4 year old is going through a phase right now where he's scared of doing rides without an adult close by, also loud noises, etc.

I noticed this ride has the kids sit up front on the floor, adults in the back on benches. If a child is afraid to be separated in this way, I'm sure it's fine for the child to be on the benches with adults?

Absolutely. They have the kids sit in the front so Crush can “see” them and comment on them/to them specially.

If a child is afraid to be separated in this way, I'm sure it's fine for the child to be on the benches with adults?
Yes.

BTW, once the child has experienced the attraction the first time, it might be that
the child would want to sit up front if you choose to do that attraction again.

(And, I DO recommend seeing the show more than once.
Each show is very different and unique, as the audience participation can completely change the way Crush responds and jokes. It is a VERY entertaining show!)

Also, the show does NOT require a FP.
In fact, Crush is one of the least "helpful" or necessary FPs at WDW.

Also, the show does NOT require a FP.
In fact, Crush is one of the least "helpful" or necessary FPs at WDW.

Good to know. My fastpass window opens up Tuesday and I'm going through the lists now to get prepped for what I want and wasn't sure about this. I know the standard ones to get at Epcot, but I'm doing touring for the first time in a long time with little ones so I'm not sure how these sorts of attractions are. I'm ashamed to say I've skipped things like Crush and Nemo for years.

FYI, it is a show, not a ride. The turtle talks to people in the audience.

(And, I DO recommend seeing the show more than once.
Each show is very different and unique, as the audience participation can completely change the way Crush responds and jokes. It is a VERY entertaining show!)
When my son was younger Crush picked him "the little dude in the orange shell" to ask a question.
He got a bit overwhelmed and blurted out "when are you going to die". Crush got a shocked look on his face and clarified - "Duuude, are you asking how long sea turtles live. I hope that's what you're asking" (that's exactly what he meant to ask).

The entire theater lost it.

When my son was younger Crush picked him "the little dude in the orange shell" to ask a question.
He got a bit overwhelmed and blurted out "when are you going to die". Crush got a shocked look on his face and clarified - "Duuude, are you asking how long sea turtles live. I hope that's what you're asking" (that's exactly what he meant to ask).

The entire theater lost it.

It sounds like it can get pretty hilarious with what funny things kids will say!

Never been to this attraction. Going with a very large group and we have two kids with us 3 & 4. The 4 year old is going through a phase right now where he's scared of doing rides without an adult close by, also loud noises, etc.

I noticed this ride has the kids sit up front on the floor, adults in the back on benches. If a child is afraid to be separated in this way, I'm sure it's fine for the child to be on the benches with adults?
You also may be able to get at least one adult on the front bench and have the kid sit on the floor right in front of you. Maybe plan to be a bit earlier, or get a refreshed Fastpass to get in first.
I love Turtle talk, even as an adult, think it's super engaging and always funny!

I love the interactive shows. I think the Monsters Inc one is even funnier and I couldn’t believe we had never done it before a few trips ago.

My sister was less than thrilled that I encouraged my 3 year old nephew to call everyone dude all day though. #auntlife

I love the interactive shows. I think the Monsters Inc one is even funnier and I couldn’t believe we had never done it before a few trips ago.

My sister was less than thrilled that I encouraged my 3 year old nephew to call everyone dude all day though. #auntlife
My husband has the 'I was that guy.' sticker from Monsters Inc - it has been one of his favorite things ever at the parks! :)

My husband has the 'I was that guy.' sticker from Monsters Inc - it has been one of his favorite things ever at the parks! :)

LOL!!! My DSIL was "That" guy too. I think his participation is one of my fondest memories.

OP- TT is so much fun. We are adults and never miss going to see Crush chat with kids. I bet your young ones will love it, especially if one of you can sit close by the front.

My mom got picked for Monster Inc. My mom is very shy. I have it on video. It was one of the funniest things ever. She wouldn't talk to me for one full ride after. Now we laugh about it.

Great attraction...kids firing off random questions (mine didn't ask a question but made a statement) and a surf dude turtle responds hilariously!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter