Tusker House or Yak and Yeti

CaryHaven

DIS Veteran
Are any or both of these worth it? Are they better for any particular meal over another? I know Tusker House has a character breakfast but not sure if I should choose that one over lunch there. We do have two small children but we usually do several character meals, so they probably won't miss out on that. We also usually like to eat breakfast at Boma (AKL) prior to going to AK but it's not set in stone.

We love Yak-n-Yeti for lunch. It is a must do for our trips. Last trip we did the Character lunch at Tusker house and were equally impressed. We prefer to do a sit down indoor lunch at animal Kingdom to get out of the heat.

Thanks, I didn't know they did character lunches at TH. I just thought it was for breakfast. Well, I'd thought about TH for breakfast (character) and Y&Y for lunch. I guess we could also do dinner at Y&Y. I know AK closes earlier than most parks. Does anyone know the latest they take reservations at Y&Y?

Yak and Yeti IMO has some of the best food I have ever had anywhere!!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

We've done TH breakfast, Yak n Yeti lunch and Boma dinner - 3 trips in a row. It works out well for us. Actually it's my easiest planning day because I know we all love those choices and the day runs so smoothly. :)

I personally really love both!

I prefer lunch at Tusker, still has the characters, but has a better selection of food IMO. I love the fact that there are still choices of standard american items, and quite a few with african flair added to them! The food's always been fantastic, and for a set price, you get as much as you want, plus characters.

Y&Y I also loved, it can be a bit pricier, depending on whether you're an appitizer, meal & dessert & drink kinda person or not. Downside, no characters, everyone only gets one dish, etc.

Both are two of my favorite on-property restaurants.

I'd do Tusker for breakfast and Y&Y for lunch.

Tusker, IMO, is easily the best character breakfast there is.

Tusker House at 8:05am. You get in before the park opens!!! No wait for safari when you're done. Characters are a ton of fun and the food is pretty good too!! Tusker for breakfast and Yak and Yeti for lunch for sure!!!

Are any or both of these worth it? Are they better for any particular meal over another? I know Tusker House has a character breakfast but not sure if I should choose that one over lunch there. We do have two small children but we usually do several character meals, so they probably won't miss out on that. We also usually like to eat breakfast at Boma (AKL) prior to going to AK but it's not set in stone.

Yak & Yeti, food average at the very best, atmosphere loud. Tusker house food is good and consistant and less expensive. No question for us here.

We love Yak & Yeti...Can't beat those dessert wontons!!

OMG Yes!

We love Tusker House for breakfast and Yak & Yeti for dinner. Never been to Y&Y for lunch so I don't know about that. Dinner...I had the duck and it was amazing! I wish we had time to go again during our upcoming trip.

My only beef with Tusker House is the last time we went, we were herded over for pics with Donald before hand, and didn't know about the extra cost of the photo. We thought it was included in our PhotoPass but it wasn't. If we'd known, we wouldn't have made our kids sit around for 40+ minutes for that photo op before being seated for food. We didn't know until mid meal, someone came over to us to sell us the photo. I was a bit put off because the CM came off pushy and almost in a lecturing way...like, "if you don't buy it now you'll never see it again and you'll regret it!" Um...but Donald's right there walking around? I'm sure we'll have a pic with him soon enough. It felt a bit...awkward in a shady sort of way...like ok you're gonna have to wait 40 mins after your ADR time to be called (we waited long enough for the weather to turn from sunny to rain, back to sunny again), shoved in front of Donald, and hey, now spring extra $$ for the pic. The CMs weren't super friendly in the process nor did they explain that we could've skipped the photo and have a shorter wait to be seated. It was sort of my fault for not doing the research beforehand, and I didn't recall it being that way the previous times we've been there. Once we were inside, the service staff were great though. It was the photo ops CMs that were a bit uncomfortable. I'm guessing it was a fluke thing. As I said, I don't remember it being like that during our previous experience there. That one experience hasn't deterred us from going back. Tusker House is one of our favorites. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter