• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Tusker House Reopening and Cost

I was excited to secure an ADR for lunch, but now think that I will most likely cancel. We have Topolinos the day prior, and this price is just insane, as others have said. I don't think my family will be thrilled about the food and actually may prefer a quick-service.

I booked a Tusker House lunch reservation for early-July and was blown away by the prices. We are contemplating cancelling the reservation since $55 per adult and $42 for a 3-year old picky eater is hard to justify. I'd have to eat my weight in Curry Shrimp in order to get my money's worth, but then imagine walking outside for another 6 hours in the Florida heat!!

I booked a Tusker House lunch reservation for early-July and was blown away by the prices. We are contemplating cancelling the reservation since $55 per adult and $42 for a 3-year old picky eater is hard to justify. I'd have to eat my weight in Curry Shrimp in order to get my money's worth, but then imagine walking outside for another 6 hours in the Florida heat!!
The prices are crazy, especially for the limited menus. I’m hoping they start moving back to their traditional offerings sooner rather than later.

I have lunch reservations the first week. It's just two adults so characters aren't a big draw, I am waiting to read reviews but they will need to be great for me to keep it. Im looking at $150 for two of us, if I can get Tiffins it would be cheaper. I am thinking I will end up "settling" with satuli canteen for like $30.

I have lunch reservations the first week. It's just two adults so characters aren't a big draw, I am waiting to read reviews but they will need to be great for me to keep it. Im looking at $150 for two of us, if I can get Tiffins it would be cheaper. I am thinking I will end up "settling" with satuli canteen for like $30.
Its just 2 of us as well, both adults, so I don’t need to have the characters there either lol. But since its the same price as before, but no characters and not near the selection of food….kinda insulting on Disney’s part

$25 is reasonable.....$42 is just nuts
That's just what character meals cost at WDW. The characters will be there and they do stop and wave to each table individually. It's not like they ignore you. It's not the same as hugging them but that's the best they can do with Covid. Of course their character meals are pricey, but where else are your kids going to get to see so many characters up close in one sitting? That's what you're paying for, more than the food. In addition, the food is all you care to eat, and it's always been good when we've been there in the past.

I love when Satuli Canteen is the "settling". I'm actually more bummed out that we won't be eating lunch there (if we go to Tusker House) than excited that we got reservations to Tusker House! That may be telling.

I love when Satuli Canteen is the "settling". I'm actually more bummed out that we won't be eating lunch there (if we go to Tusker House) than excited that we got reservations to Tusker House! That may be telling.
Yeah, I usually try not to book table service at AK. The QS options are so good compared to the other parks.

Aren't prices on par with other character meals?
Yes, but the main complaint, or at least mine, is that it is such a limited offering compared to what they traditionally offered. And it is not a character meal as it used to be. I get that we are in “COVID” times, but they are changing premium pricing for a very watered down experience

Aren't prices on par with other character meals?
Most character dining seem to be $55 adult $36 kid for lunch and $42 adult and $27 kid for breakfast. The one exception I could find is be our guest which is $62 per adult and $37 per kid.

This puts Tusker house in line with others for breakfast and adult lunch but kids lunch ($42) is grossly overpriced to point it seems like typo.

Yes, but the main complaint, or at least mine, is that it is such a limited offering compared to what they traditionally offered. And it is not a character meal as it used to be. I get that we are in “COVID” times, but they are changing premium pricing for a very watered down experience
We went in December and due to a Disney snafus they cancelled our chef mickey reservation. After calling we were told Topolinos was available. I already knew character dining would be different so we passed. I think that's just how everything is right now. I personally prefer not having buffets with kids but that's just me.

We went in December and due to a Disney snafus they cancelled our chef mickey reservation. After calling we were told Topolinos was available. I already knew character dining would be different so we passed. I think that's just how everything is right now. I personally prefer not having buffets with kids but that's just me.
See, I would prefer the buffet, especially the breakfast one from Tusker house

$42 seems to be the new standard for character breakfast meals. My guess is that they don't want it to compete with Topolino's breakfast, so making them the same price would prevent that.

I'd have no problem with the cost if the food offering was the same. Tusker is a breakfast tradition for my husband and I. He absolutely loves the variations in the food offerings. He was thrilled when I told him it would be opened by our trip. Now that I'm hearing the menu offering is standard American breakfast it's just not worth it. I really hope things change up as we move through the summer.

I'd have no problem with the cost if the food offering was the same. Tusker is a breakfast tradition for my husband and I. He absolutely loves the variations in the food offerings. He was thrilled when I told him it would be opened by our trip. Now that I'm hearing the menu offering is standard American breakfast it's just not worth it. I really hope things change up as we move through the summer.
Same here, it was our must do every trip

It was at or close to that prior to shutdown. It should be all you can eat if it follows the other family platter format. We booked lunch and I don’t plan on eating much (if anything) prior. My DH and my 7 year old eat a lot. We are splurging on dining this trip, though as it is our 10 year anniversary and we missed out on our trip last summer. I am hoping that $42 charge for children is wrong, though. All other character lunch and dinners are $36 for kids.
I am quoting myself, but just checked the menu and the adjusted the kids price to $36 for lunch and dinner. Glad it was a typo!

Last edited:
DH and I normally like a later breakfast buffet, since this madness. We have decided to eat QS for breakfast and then later have some snacks or split something for lunch then have a TS dinner...

I have a hard time spending 42.00 for breakfast especially without the character, as that was what you were really paying for...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter