• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Tusker House Reopening June 20 | Characters Included

Ok guys. I have a Sanaa reservation for dinner right now. Should I consider changing for Tusker House? What do you think? We already have a Chef Mickey breakfast and also a Toppolino breakfast so plenty of character meals.

I hope they drop the menu soon, so I can decide whether to juggle things myself. We would have to do opening day, our last park reservation day.

I hope they drop the menu soon, so I can decide whether to juggle things myself. We would have to do opening day, our last park reservation day.

I'm anxiously waiting for a menu as well! Here's what they've released so far:
"For breakfast, munch on favorites like Safari Bread, Mickey and Simba Waffles, and Durban Chicken and Egg Curry with Jasmine Rice. Lunch and dinner offerings include Moroccan Spiced Beef, Berber Marinated Pork, Spit Roasted Herb Chicken, and Cape Malay Green Curry Shrimp. Younger travelers will find comforting classics like fruit and yogurt for breakfast and mac and cheese for lunch and dinner."

I will be celebrating my birthday in Animal Kingdom this summer. I currently have a dinner reservation for Yak & Yeti (somewhere I've never been). This news is a game changer... My budget wouldn't work for TH for breakfast and Y&Y for dinner, so that doesn't seem like an option. Now I'm wondering if I should cancel my Y&Y dinner reservation if I can get one for TH (I've never been there either).

I'm so excited. Hopefully it's about the same price as Chef Mickey's (less would be awesome, but I don't see that being the case). I've already set my alarm & reminder.

Ok guys. I have a Sanaa reservation for dinner right now. Should I consider changing for Tusker House? What do you think? We already have a Chef Mickey breakfast and also a Toppolino breakfast so plenty of character meals.

I would stick with Sanaa, or drop one of your other character meals in favor of Tusker House.

I agree, no need for another character meal. We love Sanaa and do it at least once if not twice a trip because when do you get to eat and watch giraffe and zebra walk by. That said, we do like Tusker House for a late breakfast at AK, we get to AK an hour before opening and get a lot done by by 10-11 am and it's a great break.

Have a great trip!

I am so excited ! Our only AK day is on the 20th because its the hubby's favorite park and its Fathers Day! He was so bummed when I told him TH was closed! Looks like I will be up at 4 am on Friday trying to get us in! :worship:

One of the bets themed restaurants in all of WDW IMO.

Loved it when it was a CS and we could go in any time we wanted and enjoy the atmosphere(and the restrooms-the ones across from TH are always so crowded),but it rocks as a Buffet also and we will definitely try to score an ADR for our Independence Day trip!

I'm so excited. Hopefully it's about the same price as Chef Mickey's (less would be awesome, but I don't see that being the case). I've already set my alarm & reminder.
All of the character breakfasts are $42 and lunch/dinner are $55. I think Tusker will be the same.

Why yes, I did just set a reminder for 5:55am on Friday!!

Do we know for sure reservations will be live at 7a EST on 6/4? Also looking to book a late breakfast opening day! I was hoping it would open then since it is the first day of summer! We already have 7p reservations for Homecomin' that I guess we will keep and just take leftovers home?! .. I wonder if Minnie or Daisy will appear?

Do we know for sure reservations will be live at 7a EST on 6/4? Also looking to book a late breakfast opening day! I was hoping it would open then since it is the first day of summer! We already have 7p reservations for Homecomin' that I guess we will keep and just take leftovers home?! .. I wonder if Minnie or Daisy will appear?
It should be live at 6am (not 7am) EST.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter