Tusker House/River of Light Package

ameliahyde

Princess In Training
Hi Folks! Does anyone have any info about a potential package with Tusker House and River of Light viewing package? We are going to be at AK on 4/20/15, and I'd really like to try to do it if possible. I heard a rumor somewhere that this might be offered, and will be sort of like Fantastmic. Thanks! (and sorry if there is already a post about this I missed).

Hi Folks! Does anyone have any info about a potential package with Tusker House and River of Light viewing package? We are going to be at AK on 4/20/15, and I'd really like to try to do it if possible. I heard a rumor somewhere that this might be offered, and will be sort of like Fantastmic. Thanks! (and sorry if there is already a post about this I missed).
MDE has been intermittently showing ROL packages for Tusker house on some smart phones. Nothing that you can click through on yet, but it looks like they are getting ready to go love with it and offer it for dates starting on April 18 or 19, I think ...

MDE has been intermittently showing ROL packages for Tusker house on some smart phones. Nothing that you can click through on yet, but it looks like they are getting ready to go love with it and offer it for dates starting on April 18 or 19, I think ...
Is there a watch thread?

Is there a watch thread?
Not formally but you can be sure as soon as it is live someone will post on the main board, probably multiple times.
There is another thread that has discussed it a bit. That may be a place to look too.

Has anyone heard if they may offer the same package at Tiffin, or when that restaurant is likely to open?

Has anyone heard if they may offer the same package at Tiffin, or when that restaurant is likely to open?

I'm wondering the same thing...

I'm also waiting to hear about this as well. As much as I am hoping for a ROL dining package there is no way I'm going to suffer through a buffet lunch/dinner in order to get a nice viewing for ROL. :laughing:

1) There are rumors of Earth Day for opening day (same day AK opened), but no announcements.
2) Even if it opens then, it probably will need 1-2 weeks of Soft Opening (no ADR's, no FP's, no etc)
3) And, no ADR's, FP's until Soft Opening shows success.

Ok, silly question. We are planning on being in WDW late May. We will not get tickets to the parks until we are down there. Do I have to have park tickets linked to my account to book a ROL dinner package? I know I do not have to have tickets to book a restaurant in a park but thought I might need them for the dinner package.

Thank you. Sorry but how do you book this on the Disney app? I know you can't book this one yet but I just tried to see if I could do a Fantasmic one and could not figure how to get the special package and not just the dinner.

Thank you. Sorry but how do you book this on the Disney app? I know you can't book this one yet but I just tried to see if I could do a Fantasmic one and could not figure how to get the special package and not just the dinner.
Search for Fantasmic Dinner and it will come up. You pick the restaurant and time

Given what you can see throuh the fences, I doubt this is opening in April..... Sure, I could be wrong, but the bleachers aren't even done.

Someone in the other thread said this information is from the Cast Member Hub website...

The Rivers of Light Dining Package provides Guests with a choice of dining experiences at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Theme Park and reserved seating to the new nighttime show Rivers of Light. After enjoying a mouthwatering meal, experience the beauty of the nighttime show that celebrates the relationship between animals and nature through live performers, grand theatrical imagery, a soaring musical score and innovative special effects.

Package includes one (1) buffet meal, reserved seating for Rivers of Light show and a lanyard.
Guests must dine 2.5 hours prior to show start as they will receive their show credential at the dining location.
Guests must arrive at the theater 15 - 35 minutes prior to the show. Entrance is located along Discovery River between Discovery Island and Expedition Everest.

(link to post)

Current add-on price is nine dollars ($9.00). Grossly over-priced, in our opinion.
I'll be there in 3 weeks. Is the standby for RoL decent? Do you think I could get a fastpass after using my first 3? There is only one show scheduled that day. Thanks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter