• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Tusker House v Chef Mickey’s

Tusker House hands down. There are some more familiar dishes on the buffet also, mostly geared toward kids like mac and cheese, mashed potatoes, deli meats, etc. But I also don't think anything is outrageously adventurous either.
With Tusker House you get the both characters and good food. With CM you get characters...the food is awful.

I will say that I hate curry and a lot of their dishes were curry based, so that could have something to do with my hatred.

Well yeah, if you don’t like the menu it’s hard to like the meal there.

I’m vegetarian and never found the foods there to be too wild, but I do like interesting food.

And you can always hit the “kid” food area!

Hands down Tusker House. We tried late lunch there for the first time or last trip and really enjoyed it

Trying to decide between a Tusker House late lunch reservation or a Chef Mickey’s dinner that night. Priority is character dining, but good food’s important too! We’re also eating at Cape May (breakfast) and Garden Grill (breakfast), so we’ll hit all the big characters regardless. Thoughts on which buffet?

Never been to Tusker house but never Chef mickeys never!

Trying Garden Grill this next trip. We always love Ohana breakfast with stitch.

Our party of 8 all hated Tusker House. We are adventourus eaters however the food was just plain awful. We were there for dinner so maybe breakfast is better. Chef Mickeys was typical buffet food but we unanimously preferred it to Tusker.

Tusker House. Chef Mickey's is cool because of the location, but the restaurant at Tusker House is far nicer with much better food and character interaction. Plus, it's less expensive. You're really just paying for the name at Chef Mickey's.

I also like them both but, my vote is for Tusker also. The food imo is better.

Tusker House for all of the reasons above and the fact that it's in the park. You have to leave the parks to go to Chef Mickey's.
Chef Mickey's is just nostalgic for many, but Garden Grill and Tusker House beat it hands down when it comes to food.
My wife and I eat a Tusker every trip. We get Goofy, Mickey, Donald and Daisy pics every year to go along with really good food. Plus, we really like the characters costumes at Tusker House.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter