• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Tusker House

6loversofdisney

DIS Veteran
I've never been but have heard from one friend that it was very good.

How is it overall?

Do you have to be a very adventurous eater?

We ate there for breakfast. As far as breakfast goes, they have many of the standard breakfast items that anyone would enjoy. We loved it. Never been for lunch or dinner.

We ate lunch here. It's a one and done for me. I think yak and yeti would be a better value for an AK TS. Unless the characters mean a lot to you. The food is just ok.

We just had dinner there last night and we loved the food. It was our last day in the parks and what a way to close it out. We saw lion king at 6, and then had dinner res at 6:30. Since the park was closed at that time, when we left dinner we were walking out in an empty park with the sun setting and got some amazing pics in front of tree of life!!! It was a great way to end the trip.

The food ranges from traditional salad to international appetizers, Mac n cheese and corn dogs, applesauce, salmon, chicken, pork, beef tenderloin, rice, mashed potatoes and green beans, fruit, lots of middle eastern and Indian specialties and a ton of dessert! There is definitely something for everyone! Character interaction was great too. I would go again.

We like to do brft., as you have your regular fare with a few African items to try. Also if you get a late brft, they will start changing over for lunch, and you can try some more items on your second trip to buffet. DD loves the special juice, and characters in Safari gear is different. It is a great location, close to Safari and Lion King show, so you can work plans around that. We have done PPO brft, and then hopped on Safari, or done early EMH, and then hit there for late brft after doing rides/shows first.

We have only done breakfast there but we enjoy it. We will be back there in a couple of weeks. There is something about their tater tots. I don't like them as a general rule but they are really good there.

Another breakfast fan here. As others have said they do have standard breakfast fare, but mix it in with some unique offerings. We generally aren't big fans of the character meals or buffets, but Tusker House is the one exception we've found. We like a late breakfast reservation so we can get both breakfast and lunch. Plus you can get some of the yummy bloody marys from the Dawa Bar!

I've never been but have heard from one friend that it was very good.

How is it overall?

Do you have to be a very adventurous eater?

The breakfast there is mostly standard American buffet food, and eating at Tusker House was a nice experience for us.

Last edited:
We had lunch there, and really enjoyed the food. My husband and kids are not adventurous eaters and found plenty they liked. We did 5 character buffets on that trip, and it was our favorite in terms of food. Character interaction was generally pretty good as well - Donald was the best! My son had a great time parading with Goofy - still talks about it 5 months later. As someone else said, the location was pretty convenient - it fit well into our touring without having to trek across the park for lunch.

We've done PPO and a late breakfast at Tusker House- enjoyed both. Lots of typical breakfast foods to chose from. The late breakfast gives you a taste of the lunch buffet as well. The characters are great and the kids love parading around.

We just had dinner there last night and we loved the food. It was our last day in the parks and what a way to close it out. We saw lion king at 6, and then had dinner res at 6:30. Since the park was closed at that time, when we left dinner we were walking out in an empty park with the sun setting and got some amazing pics in front of tree of life!!! It was a great way to end the trip.

The food ranges from traditional salad to international appetizers, Mac n cheese and corn dogs, applesauce, salmon, chicken, pork, beef tenderloin, rice, mashed potatoes and green beans, fruit, lots of middle eastern and Indian specialties and a ton of dessert! There is definitely something for everyone! Character interaction was great too. I would go again.
We eat at Tusker House lunch and/or dinner EVERY trip -- love it! I'd agree with the above poster.

I think that you can choose to eat things that'll be pretty familiar, or to try some new items. There are basics like mac n cheese, corn, and mashed potatoes, and more perhaps "adventurous" dishes including curries and the like.

My family enjoys the full range of foods here, including DS11 and DD9. The kids have picky moods (!!), but are the types to try new things, more often than not. Great thing about TH is that they wouldn't really HAVE TO if they were having a "picky day".

I really think you could find things to your liking, and the character interaction is always fun!

Breakfast is more typical fare, with a few more original items thrown in. We love that as well. :)

For breakfast it's pretty decent. When it comes to lunch/dinner it is average, which is pretty good for buffet food. Mass made food just has little appeal for me; I much prefer my meal being prepared just for me, the quality over quantity. But that's just it, that's me. :goodvibes

We love it for breakfast. In fact, we tend to book a late breakfast, and get a brunch; they gradually turn over from breakfast to lunch.

Love love love the breakfast!! In my opinion the best breakfast buffet on Disney property. Normal all american foods along with really different african foods. I am addicted to the Mealie Pap....I could eat bowls of that stuff & the Jungle juice. Can't wait to go back there in a few weeks!! Oh and the characters are a bonus! We always book our ADR before the park opens so we get to walk through the empty park and once we finish breakfast we go right next door to the safari because the animals always seem to be more active first thing in the morning!!

We love it for breakfast. In fact, we tend to book a late breakfast, and get a brunch; they gradually turn over from breakfast to lunch.
Hi, I was able to get an 11:30 ADR for May 28th with the Jungle Book package. Would I see breakfast items at this time or is that pretty much lunchtime?? Thanks for any info!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter