• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

TUT TUT...It Looks Like RAIN! A Nikki and Tom August Adventure! BABY PIC pg. 23!!! :)

NikkiLovesWDW!

"Are you seeing an increase in lateral forces?" "S
Hey guys!!!

I'm so happy to start my TR for this amazing trip. This was the third (and last) trip with our APs. The previous two were both amazing but only long weekends so we were so excited to finally have a full week in Walt Disney World.

For those of you who are new to my TRs, I'll start with some introductions.

This is me - Nikki.

IMG_1781.jpg

You'll get used to see a drink in my hand! This was my 21st trip to Walt Disney World - my first being at just 1 year old. I was raised to love Walt Disney World and my obsession only grew since I started going with my husband.

This is Tom.

DSC_0011.jpg

This was his 9th trip to Walt Disney World - all with me! Our first trip together (his first trip ever) was in 2006 and he was a Disney convert after day one!

Normally it's just the two of us but this time we decided we wanted to take Tom's niece, Brianne with us. She's never really been anywhere and we just knew she would love it.

DSC_0040.jpg

Our trip was August 16-23, 8 days and 7 nights at Caribbean Beach Resort. We've stayed there twice before and liked it.

IMG_1787.jpg

After this trip though, I don't think we'll be back any time soon. Not that we didn't like it but we didn't LOVE it. Riverside is our go-to mod and I think that's where we'll be next time. Or Coronado since I've never been. Or French Quarter, I'd reeeeally love to try that one out but it doesn't usually have the same deals as the other mods.......

Anyway!

I'm uploading pics to photobucket as we speak. Surprisingly, there's only 818 pictures. Now you might think that's a lot but for us, not really. It was kind of awkward having a 3rd traveler with us and it took a few days to get into our normal picture-taking groove.

We have lots of photopass pics too so as soon as that cd comes, I can share those pictures as well.

So stay tuned!! Our rainy adventure is about to begin!

Day 1 - Thursday August 16, 2012

We went to dinner at Tom's mom's house the night before to pick up Brianne. I had a pretty sleepless night, as has been a pattern for me lately when I have something I'm anxious about the next day.

I set the alarm for 4am but I didn't need it. At about ten after, we drove to my parent's house, just a few blocks away. My dad was going to drive us to the airport but I wanted to leave my car with him because it was having some problems that only a dad can fix!

My mom was up to say goodbye and by 4:15am we were off!

We got to Newark airport fairly quickly, as usual - there isn't too much traffic at that hour! Also as usual, the people at Newark airport don't have their act together. We go to one counter and they send us to another. We get there and they say we're in the wrong place. But eventually, we checked our bags, made it through security and headed to our gate. I stopped at Juan Valdez for coffee. We didn't have too wait too long before we were boarding.

They announced a few times that the flight was overbooked (how that's possible, I have no idea) and were offering a $400 credit for anyone who would take the 11am flight. I love $400 but I love being in Disney World early more!!

Usually I'm in the window seat but since this was Bri's first trip, I let her have it. Big mistake! Motion sickness has become a problem as I'm getting older and not being able to look out the window made it pretty evident. I listened to a John Mullaney comedy album and played a little Sudoku and we were there before we knew it!

At 8:50am, we were on the ME bus to CBR! We were even the first stop - WOO HOO!

I'd say we got there around 9:30. Had to stop at the Custom House to check in. Surprisingly, our room was ready!! We were given room 4630 in the Jamaica section. I requested 4 buildings - 44, 45, 51, 52. 46 was very close so I was okay with that.

Because CBR is so big, we had to wait for the internal bus at the Custom House. We excitedly walked from the Jamaica bus stop to our room in Jamaica. Tom tried his key first and it didn't work. Weird but whatever. So we used Bri's key and the door opened. Tom and Bri started to put their stuff down and immediately I knew something was wrong!! The beds were unmade, there was garbage everywhere - this room was occupied!!!!

We quickly left and stood outside the door, kind of like, "uhhh.....ummm...what do we do?" We were NOT about to trek all the way back to the Custom House. I saw a sign for vending/telephone so I figured I could call the front desk from there.

There was a man loading the vending machine so we had to wait to go in to use the phone. It was not a great start to the trip because, of course, I'm thinking of what a big pain in the neck this could become. Once I could, I got on the phone to the front desk to let them know what happened. The woman I got seemed pretty shocked and kept asking me questions like, did it look like the people had already checked out? Did I see luggage? I kept stressing to her that I did NOT linger in the room and just wanted to get out!! Sheesh lady!

DSC_0001.jpg

She then put me on hold and transferred me to someone else which I HATE because then I have to explain everything again. But this guy found us another room that was ready, it was in building 45 (which I originally wanted) it was a water view (we paid for standard) AND the BEST part was that he told me someone would meet us there with our new room keys.

By the time we got to our new room, 4559, it was still only 10am!

We dropped our bags, organized ourselves for the parks, and we were off to the MK!!

Hi!

I've read your other TR's, and now I'm here for this one!!

I've had that before where the room they've put us in had someone else in it - just like you, nobody was in there, but it's super embarassing. Glad everything worked out and you got the building you wanted.

Looking forward to more!

Hi!

I've read your other TR's, and now I'm here for this one!!

I've had that before where the room they've put us in had someone else in it - just like you, nobody was in there, but it's super embarassing. Glad everything worked out and you got the building you wanted.

Looking forward to more!

So glad you're here and participating in this one!!!

I have heard of that happening before and, this is going to sound really weird, but as we were walking to our room, I swear I had a feeling like that was going to happen! Like I was ready for it somehow!

Day 1 - Thursday August 16 cont.

Before we knew it, we were at the MK! There's something about that first time you come around the corner and see that castle. Even though I've seen it a thousand times before, that first time in the MK on every trip still amazes me! The Main Street trolley folks were clang clang clanging up by the train station and some streetmosphere were performing about halfway down Main Street.

Right away, I recognized one of the performers as my FAVORITE cast member from the Adventurer's Club. The actors at the Club often switched roles but this guy (whose real name is Jay Becker) played the character of Emil Bleehall so well, I just loved watching him! So needless to say, I was thrilled to see him still performing with Disney.

DSC_0002.jpg

He mimed the song, "You Are My Sunshine" while the rest of the crew sang the song. They kept singing it faster and faster each time and I just couldn't wait for it to be over so I can talk to him!!

Finally, it ended and they immediately broke into somewhat of a chorus line. A garbage can was in his way and he just picked it up and moved it! A cleaner just happened to be there to empty the can at the time and he was laughing so hard, like he couldn't believe this guy had the you-know-what to move the garbage. He did put it back though.

Anyway, as he was putting the garbage can back, I went up to him and asked if I could take a picture with him. He said sure and as we were getting ready to pose for the picture, I said, "You're my favorite Emil Bleehall." It seemed like it almost took him a second to get what I was saying. I'm sure they occasionally hear about the Club from guests who remember them but it HAS been four year now since it's closed so perhaps it doesn't happen too often.

Anyway, after a second of maybe trying to think of an appropriate response (since he can't really break character), he pointed to his glasses and said, "These are my Emil glasses!"

This encounter made me SO happy!!

So here's the picture we took that morning....

DSC_0003.jpg

And here's a picture of me with him AS Emil Bleehall from 2007, the night Tom and I got engaged!! FIVE YEARS AGO! As you can see, he was indeed wearing his Emil glasses that morning!

ry%3D400

OMG AGGGHHHH I would've screamed if I walked into an occupied room even if there was no one there Lol but mostly because i would be so in shpock that I wouldn't no what else to do ,and then once I picked my jaw up off the floor I would've done what you did :)

That's crazy about your first room. I would have flow out of there too. :scared1: Yeah for the upgrade tho.

818 pictures is not a lot for you, but I'm sure you got plenty of fun shots.

Very cool about seeing your favorite Club CM and bring back some special memories:goodvibes

Looking forward to hearing more.

OMG AGGGHHHH I would've screamed if I walked into an occupied room even if there was no one there Lol but mostly because i would be so in shpock that I wouldn't no what else to do ,and then once I picked my jaw up off the floor I would've done what you did :)

It was reeeally weird. Especially when the woman on the phone kept asking me if I thought it looked like people were still there. I kept saying, I didn't want to snoop, I just wanted to get out of there!

Boy you have had a lot of excitement in just a few hours!!!

Haha, we sure did!

That's crazy about your first room. I would have flow out of there too. :scared1: Yeah for the upgrade tho.

818 pictures is not a lot for you, but I'm sure you got plenty of fun shots.

Very cool about seeing your favorite Club CM and bring back some special memories:goodvibes

Looking forward to hearing more.

it was very strange and for a second there, felt like it could be a big pain but it all worked out really great.

I can't get over her asking you all that ,but then again I wouldn't put it past some ppl to check everything all out UGH!! So glad you're not one of those ppl kudos to you!!!

I can't get over her asking you all that ,but then again I wouldn't put it past some ppl to check everything all out UGH!! So glad you're not one of those ppl kudos to you!!!

Exactly! That's the scary part. What if we were those kind of people! Or worse, what if it was those kind of people accidentally going into OUR room!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter