TV Myths

TheDisneyNurse

DIS Veteran
My Father and I always get a kick out of things that always occur in TV shows, but never actually happen in real life. We call them "TV myths"

Today, we were talking about that overused storyline where someone's kid drives the car through a garage and into the kitchen. Lol! Who does that?! And it happens on any TV sitcom. Lol.

What's some TV myths you all can think of?

When I was growing up, one of my friends older brother drove through the garage. It wasn't into the kitchen, but whatever room was behind the garage.
No way!! Oh man, I'm sure that was a mess. Wow, who knew!

We always used to think lockers in school hallways were myths growing up. All the new schools they built to populate our suburby area of South Florida were made without lockers. Our NYC public schools didn't have them, either. Then again, that was elementary school. Hmm.

Last edited:

A girl I went to school with drove her car into her family's house when she missed the garage. She took out part of the garage door and part of the house.

And we always had lockers in the hall. So does DD.

We always had hallway lockers. Where are today's kids supposed to put their books, notebooks, bag lunches, coats, etc?
We didn't carry our textbooks to public school. We get a set for us all to individually use at home, and then there's a classroom set for everyone to use at school. We kinda just carried our backpacks, and never had large coats because I basically live in the Everglades and it never went below 60 on most "winter days". It would've been cool to have a locker, though. Would've like to decorate it!

That's interesting. I was in South Carolina but coats were still needed in the winter! Thanks for answering!

A kid driving a car into a house does happen. In 8th/9th grade a friend thought he could move the car a few feet to get a ball or something that was stuck under it. He pushed the wrong pedal and drove into their living room.

So it does actually happen in real life.

Not quite a myth, but on practically every TV program, if they show the exterior of the house, there's NO WAY the actual floor plan of the interior matches it.

A kid driving a car into a house does happen. In 8th/9th grade a friend thought he could move the car a few feet to get a ball or something that was stuck under it. He pushed the wrong pedal and drove into their living room.

So it does actually happen in real life.
Just trying to have some fun, everyone. I know it *must* happen to someone, but it is not a rite of passage for teens lol. I've watched at least 5 shows where that was a storyline-- mind you, I barely even watch TV. Just because there are some exceptions doesn't mean it happens often enough for it to be universally accepted. Was just trying to have a laugh, not overanalyze everything :charac2:

Just trying to have some fun, everyone. I know it *must* happen to someone, but it is not a rite of passage for teens lol. I've watched at least 5 shows where that was a storyline-- mind you, I barely even watch TV. Just because there are some exceptions doesn't mean it happens often enough for it to be universally accepted. Was just trying to have a laugh, not overanalyze everything :charac2:

I'm not sure why you're getting so defensive:confused:

Annnnnnywho. We always thought that christmas carollers were TV myths. Never seen one in my life! They seem really fun, though.

Annnnnnywho. We always thought that christmas carollers were TV myths. Never seen one in my life! They seem really fun, though.

We have a church near us that send out carolers every Christmas. I'm always impressed with how they go out in some really cold weather (-40) with their guitar!! We always invite them inside to play which is awkward as we're all kind of shy people.

We have a church near us that send out carolers every Christmas. I'm always impressed with how they go out in some really cold weather (-40) with their guitar!! We always invite them inside to play which is awkward as we're all kind of shy people.
That's some dedication! Come on Florida, what's your excuse?! Not even cold here at all. I'd totally join and belt it out with them lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter