Twin centres

chelsea1

Earning My Ears
Has anyone done WDW and Bahamas twin centres? Is it really expensive? I read somewhere you can fly BA and get a free stopover. Any thoughts?? Or does anyone do twin centres elsewhere i.e. St Pete's.

Chelsea :cool:

Hi Chelsea

We did a twin centre on our second trip to Florida in 1997 - we did our first week in Orlando then drove down to Naples for the second.

The weather was really beautiful the first week (we flew out on New Years Day) but really lousy the second so when we wanted to be lazing on the beaurtiful beaches - it was rain, wind and fairly cold! It didnt detract us from having a great holiday, we found plenty to do and did some really unusual things during that week in Naples that we wouldnt have done if we <i>had</i> been laying on a beach somewhere.

We have looked at the Bahamas break too - but to be honest, I dont think I would do a twin centre holiday again, I quite like to settle in one place for the two weeks. DH wants to do a FlyDrive in the proper sense of the word, touring round - but I dont know if I fancy living out of a suitcase for two weeks?
LOL

HTH but if you want any more info on Naples - let me know :) :) :bounce: :bounce:

Unless you've been to Orlando a few times before I think that just a week in Orlando really isn't enough time toi cover everything there is to do. I understand that many people like to add a beachcreak into their holiday but personally I find a 10/4 split works better that a 7/7 jmho

Vernon is dead right. The first time I was there (2 Adults,a 12yo and a 14yo) we went to Miami for the 2nd week. We were completely bored by the 2nd day. The beach and the malls are not a patch on the parks.

Ken

We are doing 2 weeks in Orlando and then a week in Bradenton on the Gulf Coast. The third week is to recover and also to do Busch Gardens which is closer from Bradenton than Orlando; we have the Fun Cards so two days in Busch is possible.

Not long to go now :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

Did 1 week in Orlando / 2 weeks in the Bahamas for our Honeymoon 7 years ago - only because my wife 'moaned' long enough to do 1 week in Orlando - our 1st visit to Florida.
The Bahamas were excellent, but----- Hmmmm ----- after Orlando?

I've always regretted not doing it 2 weeks Orlando / 1 week Bahamas - and she has reminded me of that fact every year since!

If its a 1st visit, do the 2 weeks in Orlando - just spread the parks out to suit - not forgetting the waterparks as well. You could also book a cheap hotel for 2 days in the Tampa area and do the beach if you want to chill.
We've booked 2 rooms next to Busch Gardens for £27/night and will do Clearwater Beach - stay overnight - do Busch Gardens - and then return to our resort in Orlando. For £54, it seemed the ideal scenario.

If you have 3 weeks, well, your spoiled for choice.

Enjoy, whatever you choose.

Brian

if you really fancy the bahamas, then I would try airtours- a couple of years ago we booked a 2 center with airtours (1 week I-drive, and 1 week in WDW), and I know that on the same page in the brochure they had a 1 week Orlando, 1 week Bahama's deal that was very good (BUT no child prices). If they had offered child prices, then I would have been very tempted.

I have to agree though, If you want to see all of Orlando then 1 week is not enough.

bev

Thanks for the advice, you are so right about the 10/4 split the first time we went we did the tour thing 7/7 but it was exhausting and I felt I wanted longer in Disney. That was about 10 years ago so you do tend to forget until someone reminds you!

Last time (5 years ago) was 10 days at Disney and that was great, but we may need the 2 weeks this time as we have a toddler and will go much slower.

The only thing is I really wanted the beach for him as loves building castles and splashing in the sea. Any ideas???

He'll have a great time at TL, plenty of sand to dig in and some great kiddies slides. You'll find a lot of changes in 5 years. AK is likely to be a popular park, taking the little one digging in the dinosaur boneyard is likely to take up A LOT OF TIME. Personally I'd spend the whole 2 weeks in Orlando and plan in an extra couple of days at TL, it would save all the problems of packing up all the gear that you need when you have a toddler.

have a look at the Caribbean Beach or the Poly (depending on your budget) - you get a nice sandy beach by the lake (although you can't go in the lake), so you can have some nice beach time right there at WDW.

Typhoon Lagoon also has a beach, although to be honest Blizzard Beach had more for toddlers in terms of slides etc.

We took our toddler to Menorca, and found the beach to be really hard work - not at all relaxing, as you need eye's in the back of your head to be sure they are not going to wander off.

Bev

I think you have persuaded me, 2 weeks in Orlando! I forgot about the water parks! He will love them, went to BB last time but yes I expect it has all changed. Doesn't a disney pass now include 2 water parks anyway so I won't have to pay extra?

depends which pass you buy, but the all include at least a few days at the water park. We went for the 10 day ticket which includes unlimited access to all the parks (including the water parks) for any 10 of 21 days.

with a toddler, I would probably recommend this pass, as it means you can come and go from the parks as you want, rather than trying to cram it all into 4 or 5 long days with a hopper pass.

bev

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter