Twins? who's got them?

I have 7 yo ID girls. I also have (gulp) a 21 yo son and a 19 yo son. My husband just wanted ONE more.....I'm apparently, an over achiever . :rotfl2:

The first year was rough. They were super colicky and cried all day. Luckily, they almost always slept through the night...so I did have that....at least. But, there were many nights I would go to bed in tears thinking I had to do it alllllll over again the next morning.
It finally changed around 8 months or so...and it's been almost perfect ever since.

They are the BEST of friends...super close.....never have a disagreement. (keep in mind they are 7.....puberty could change all that! :eek: )

This year they are in the same class. Our school system generally doesn't allow for twins to be in the same class but we insisted. The reason? Well, everyday I ask everyone in the family what was the best part.....and the worst part of your day. Every single day...from preschool up until first grade...the 'best' answer would be "When I saw my sister in the bathroom" or "When I saw my sister in the hallway" . They really missed each other.
Then in first grade the school had a 'lock down' drill. The girls were really upset by it . They feared for their sisters safety. That was it for us.....they needed to be together. This year when they had the 'lock down' drill...they felt at ease because if something were to happen....they were together.
They each have their own friends...and some friends in common...and a lot of times don't even play with each other at school at all. They just feel better being near each other. We had to respect that.

Having twin daughters has been such a blessing . If it just didn't have to go by so fast......we soak in every moment. :love:

I am a mommy of twin boys! (Connor & Trevor) They are 15 months old and were born at 32 weeks. They spent 27 days in the NICU and are doing amazing now! My DH is home with them each day while I am busy working (I went back when the boys were 3 months old). We are also planning our first WDW trip for this summer!

I have twin girls who are 4. They are fraternal and very different in both looks and personality. What an adventure it has been so far!
We are currently planning our second WDW with the girls and it will be girls only with my Mom, myself and them.:wizard:
Our first trip was a family trip in December 2010 to celebrate their 3rd birthday. :lovestruc

My guys are identical twins who are now 13 months. We're taking them down for their 1st trip to WDW in May & again with my parents in Sept. We're sooooo excited/nervous! I've gotten a lot of really great tips on here. My boys are very good eaters and sleepers and are on the same, very strict schedule so I think as long as we respect that we should do ok. They're such happy, friendly boys who just love everything and really enjoy new experiences (while Im always freaking out about how they're going to react to things) and continue to surprise us everyday. I'm very glad to have found so many Disney MoMs :banana:

Oiy.... 10-12 more weeks of pregnancy left for me. Man, I don't know how people carry three, four & more babies because this is AWFUL!! I wouldn't wish a twin pregnancy on my worst enemy.

As terrified as I am of having 2 newborns, I find myself wishing that time would pass quickly & they'd get here soon just so that I don't have to be pregnant anymore. Never ever, ever, EVER doing this again!!

DW and I have twin DD9. Their first Disney Trip was age five. 71 more days until their second trip this time with my DS3. Must say having twin girls is easier than one boy.

Oiy.... 10-12 more weeks of pregnancy left for me. Man, I don't know how people carry three, four & more babies because this is AWFUL!! I wouldn't wish a twin pregnancy on my worst enemy.

As terrified as I am of having 2 newborns, I find myself wishing that time would pass quickly & they'd get here soon just so that I don't have to be pregnant anymore. Never ever, ever, EVER doing this again!!

I had a really difficult pregnancy and thought newborn twins were much easier than being pregnant and that was with them being premature (33 weeks) and one having colic and the other reflux. :lmao:

My b/g twins are about to turn 13 and I definitely think it got easier. Different and easier. I think the worst year was 3 and then at 4, when they started school, it seemed to get easier all around.

Our first Disney trip with them was when they were 9 months old and I was 6 months pregnant (can you say surprise?) with baby #3. It was such a great vacation and much easier than I had anticipated. I :love: looking back at pictures from that trip and so do they.

My fraternal girls turned 4 in January! We are taking them to Disney for the first time in Sept/Oct, should be interesting ;)
Advice to others out there - look for a Mothers of Multiples Club in your area. Seriously, the other MOMs I have met through our club have saved my sanity. I am also a SAHM and most of my friends work outside the home and their kids are older so this club brought me a slew of new friends who know EXACTLY what it is like to raise multiples. You can search the National site for clubs in your state:
http://www.nomotc.org/

The time goes fast so try to enjoy it, if you can get past 3 without going completely nuts you are good to go!

*bump*

29 weeks now and I'm starting to panic a little bit.

Had an ultrasound last week and things are going GREAT with the girls so that's awesome. B has flipped head down now (she's been breech the entire pregnancy) so I'm hoping they both get comfortable and stay head down for the duration so that I can go for a non-c-section delivery (sorry -- are we allowed to say the "v" word??). They're measuring really good as well. Right in the 50th percentile for everything. A is 2lb 12oz and B is 2lb 14oz.

But things are getting closer to the end and I'm starting to panic a bit about when I'm going to deliver, how big they're going to be & whether they're going to have to go to the NICU. It just seems like EVERY set of twins ends up in the NICU for some period of time no matter how much they way and that worries me so much.

Anyone have any experience/encouragement? Did you twins have to spend NICU time? I'm just so worried about us bonding & getting off to a good start with our BF'ing relationship. And not having my babies in room with me in the hospital just seems so... sad & unnatural. :(

I have 5 year old identical twin boys:):) They are a blessing! The first 6mons-12 months was the hardest. Now that they are 5 it's gotten easier even though we are busier then we use to be, since they are in school and sports!

NYEmomma, I wish I could just reach through the computer and give you a hug. :grouphug:

My story.....I carried until 33.6 weeks. Baby A was born naturally and baby B was an emergency C Section. She was breech and her heart rate dropped dramatically once her sister was born. My twins are ID's and they were mono mono twins. (one sack one placenta) It was a higher risk than most. (but truthfully we were unaware of the same sack thing for sure until they were actually born )
With all of that....(and ps there is only 7 minutes between them...my team of Doctors worked THAT fast) but with all of that...they were great. Always breathed on their own....almost always ate without tube feedings....and came home 10 days later with no complications whatsoever!
Baby A weighed 4.9 pounds and baby B was 3.8 pounds. They *think* that there was some twin to twin transfusion...but again...no complications.

I will say this....the day I had to leave those babies in the hospital and go home was the worst day of my entire life. I never cried so much so hard ever. It ached. BUT, it was obviously best for them to stay. The hospital I had them in was about an hour away...and I still had 2 other children at home. My hubby and I just took shifts I went during the day and he went at night.
You just do it. It wasn't easy...but you do it.

Just a few more weeks and you'll really be out of the danger area for major complications. Medicine has come so far....I know it's easier said then done...but rest easy.
I seriously am the only one I know with twins that didn't carry full term! I know several sets....every single one of them...full term.
So see....now I know YOU too! So your chances just got better! :rotfl:

I'll keep you in my thoughts for a wonderful full term pregnancy and two happy healthy gorgeous babies. pixiedust: ( and just for fun I'll throw in that they sleep through the night too!)

Bumping this thread because I just found out on Tuesday that I'm having twins (fraternal). :scared1::scared1:

I'm trying to absorb all the advice I can -- most specifically the ways that 2 are different than 1 (DD will be 3 the end of next month).

Anyone nurse their twins? I'd love to hear BF'ing stories/experiences because it's something I'm committed to but is very daunting thinking about.

I nursed my twins for 10 months exclusively. My doctor was very supportive that I try, but she was also very realistic and let me know that it was difficult to nurse twins. So I went into nursing without pressure on myself and figured however long I could nurse them was better than never even trying. Don't let them tell you it isn't possible. Hey I was told I couldn't have anymore kids after conceiving my first with assistance, and 10 months later, I conceived twins with no assistance :)

*bump*

Had an ultrasound last week and things are going GREAT with the girls so that's awesome. B has flipped head down now (she's been breech the entire pregnancy) so I'm hoping they both get comfortable and stay head down for the duration so that I can go for a non-c-section delivery (sorry -- are we allowed to say the "v" word??). They're measuring really good as well. Right in the 50th percentile for everything. A is 2lb 12oz and B is 2lb 14oz.

But things are getting closer to the end and I'm starting to panic a bit about when I'm going to deliver, how big they're going to be & whether they're going to have to go to the NICU. It just seems like EVERY set of twins ends up in the NICU for some period of time no matter how much they way and that worries me so much.

Anyone have any experience/encouragement? Did you twins have to spend NICU time? I'm just so worried about us bonding & getting off to a good start with our BF'ing relationship. And not having my babies in room with me in the hospital just seems so... sad & unnatural. :(

Oh big virtual hugs momma. Try not to worry about the NICU. If you can carry past 36 weeks you have a very good chance of not needing the NICU at all. If it is unavoidable and your babies do end up there you just get through it.

All 3 of my kids were preemies. ODS was born at 26 1/2 weeks and spent 3+ months in NICU. My twins came at 30 w 5 d -- DD came home at 5 weeks, DS at 9 weeks. NICU can be a very scary place. But when your little ones come early it is where they need to be for their best shot at surviving. And it is unnatural and surreal but you get through it.

GL momma. Hoping you make it to 37 weeks and have no need of the NICU.

I have my twin brothers, they are a year and a half! I have been caring for them since they were six months old! It has definitely been a challenge. We have good AND bad days!! But I do love it!

The boys are not identical at all. It makes me laugh when people ask me if they are identical. But sometimes it drives me nuts. I am AA and one twin is the color of butterscotch and the other is the color of cocoa :rotfl:

I already had three children when the twins came and was honestly not expecting to do the baby thing ever again!

People always tell me that when they get older it will get easier, boy I SURE hope they are right! :goodvibes

*bump*

My twins were 6 weeks easy. One was 5 lbs and one was 4 lbs. Neither if them spent any time in the NICU:woohoo:. I had an emergency C section cause Baby B decided to turn around the week before and I had a previous C Section with my DD (my first).

My twins were 4 weeks early, but I spent the last three months of pregnancy on bedrest - 2 months of at home and 1 of hospital!! But we got to all go home together - it was a miracle!

I agree about the breastfeeding - you have to go into it without pressuring yourself. the first few weeks are really hard but if you relax any amount you breastfeed is great!! It works for some people and for some it doesn't, just do your best. I was lucky and breastfed the twins past 15 months!

You would think two is harder than one, I definitely did, but now my youngest daughter is 2 almost three and I think she is more of a handful than the twins were put together! :lmao: maybe I'm getting old...

The twins are 8 now!:banana: totally crazy...

Our twin girls were born 7 weeks early and spent a week in the NICU. Now, their main purpose in life is to drive my wife, my other daughter and myself CRAZY!! :thumbsup2

I have 5 under 8 years old. My oldest son is 8, then 6 yr. old fraternal twin girls, 2 year old fraternal twin boys. We are arriving soon ~July 16th - 23rd and I can't wait but also SUPER NERVOUS to take on this trip with the whole gang!
We will be staying at Fort Wilderness Cabin - and the boys turn 3 while we are there on July 19th! We had to do this trip now in order to afford it! They don't charge for dining plan and room when kids turn 3 part way through the trip!

My multiple multiples are beautiful & healthy kids and we are so fortunate. The 2nd set were 32 weekers and have totally caught up in all respects. Can't wait to take them on their first trip! It's going to be a MAD amount of work for my husband and I....we must be crazy. We joke around that we can barely get out the door of our house and were going to Disney World???!! LOL:rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter