Two adults, November off season, deluxe, 3 or 4 nights, where?

Elmo888

DIS Veteran
Any advice from recent stays? Leaning towards an Epcot resort. I don't want to stay at WL because we have been there before. And GF is probably too much money (prefer under $500 a night). Thanks!

Need a little more info
What is a November off-season?
Will you be relying on Disney transportation or will you have your own car?
What do you plan on doing? Swimming? Any resort days? Any park in particular you'll be visiting more than others?

I would look into a DVC rental for Boardwalk or Beach Club studio. If you are talking this November, it may be too late though. Swan or Dolphin maybe?

I am looking at 3 or 4 nights over the weekend of Nov 16-17 since it looks like lower crowds. I haven't planned the days exactly. Definitely MK and a weekday at Epcot (we haven't been to Food and Wine, and I understand weekends can be crowded). Maybe a half day at DS if I can get FP for Slinky Dog. I would like to go to AK, but I would say that MK, Food and Wine, and Slinky Dog are priorities. No car, so we will be using Disney transportation. No swimming. I am not planning a resort day, but we don't commando touring. I break our vacation days into 3 parts - morning, afternoon, and evening, and we spend one of those parts at the resort everyday. Did I miss anything?
Thanks for your help!

I am looking at 3 or 4 nights over the weekend of Nov 16-17 since it looks like lower crowds. I haven't planned the days exactly. Definitely MK and a weekday at Epcot (we haven't been to Food and Wine, and I understand weekends can be crowded). Maybe a half day at DS if I can get FP for Slinky Dog. I would like to go to AK, but I would say that MK, Food and Wine, and Slinky Dog are priorities. No car, so we will be using Disney transportation. No swimming. I am not planning a resort day, but we don't commando touring. I break our vacation days into 3 parts - morning, afternoon, and evening, and we spend one of those parts at the resort everyday. Did I miss anything?
Thanks for your help!

I would choose an EP resort and, with two adults, I would choose whichever is cheapest which would include pricing out YC/BC, BWI, studios at BCV and BWV. I would also price out Swan/Dolphin (as they will probably be your cheapest bets) and make sure you factor in the cost of resort fees and transportation back and forth to the airport (even with those included, Swan/Dolphin will probably be your cheapest bet).

Just checked with fall general public discount: nov 15 to nov 18. Boardwalk is $400, Yacht is $425, Beach is $450.

AKL is $320, Riverside $ 230, Coronado Springs $200 Caribbean Beach $ 270

I would do whichever is cheapest from the Epcot resorts. I've stayed at BC and BWV. Both are great resorts and I love the Epcot area.

I would choose an EP resort and, with two adults, I would choose whichever is cheapest which would include pricing out YC/BC, BWI, studios at BCV and BWV. I would also price out Swan/Dolphin (as they will probably be your cheapest bets) and make sure you factor in the cost of resort fees and transportation back and forth to the airport (even with those included, Swan/Dolphin will probably be your cheapest bet).

I am considering pricing Swan/Dolphin, but how are they with theme? I am concerned that we won't feel like we are at Disney. I've never been in either of them (lobby or restaurants)

Just checked with fall general public discount: nov 15 to nov 18. Boardwalk is $400, Yacht is $425, Beach is $450.

AKL is $320, Riverside $ 230, Coronado Springs $200 Caribbean Beach $ 270

That's not bad. Have you been to the Epcot resorts recently? I see the pics of Boardwalk, but they look dated. YC looks nice with the newer rooms, but has BC been updated recently? I thought that they were to be updated but I wasn't sure. I'll look for pics. And I think that I would love to stay at AKL, but since this is a shorter trip for us (usually we stay a week), an Epcot resort seems like a better option.

I am considering pricing Swan/Dolphin, but how are they with theme? I am concerned that we won't feel like we are at Disney. I've never been in either of them (lobby or restaurants)

That's not bad. Have you been to the Epcot resorts recently? I see the pics of Boardwalk, but they look dated. YC looks nice with the newer rooms, but has BC been updated recently? I thought that they were to be updated but I wasn't sure. I'll look for pics. And I think that I would love to stay at AKL, but since this is a shorter trip for us (usually we stay a week), an Epcot resort seems like a better option.
I have never stayed at Disney’s Epcot resorts. I usually go solo so I can’t really justify that amount of money for a room. Did stay at the Dolphin last fall. It and the Swan aren’t Disney themed at all. The lobbys are both nice and the room was nice but you wouldn’t know you’re at Disney and could be any other hotel near a convention center in a city.

AKL is my favorite hotel. It’s has great restaurants and a beautiful lobby. Lots of activities and I don’t really find super difficult to get to the other parks.

I agree with Skippyboo, you won't really know you are in WDW when staying at Swan/Dolphin. That being said, when you are saving $200 per night and you will know you are in WDW immediately after you walk outside because you see EP, BWI, BC/YC, DHS and the Friendship boats, it's not a bad trade-off! We also really like the quick service and table service restaurants at Swan/Dolphin and, with the money we save, we typically splurge on something else. That being said, though we stay at Swan/Dolphin sometimes, I do switch it up with other WDW resorts to get my Disney theming fix.

IMHO, all of the EP resort rooms are beautiful and have all been updated fairly recently. We just stayed at BCV about a week ago and our villa was stunning.

We stayed at the Swan a couple of years ago. It's a nice enough place, but it definitely doesn't have the Disney theme. I kind of felt like an "outsider looking in" when we were walking around the boardwalk area. For most of the trip I was wishing we were staying at the Boardwalk (I love BWV!).

I also really enjoyed YC when we stayed there.

For 2 adults though, I would recommend somewhere in the Boardwalk area.

Thanks! This is for a milestone birthday celebration, so I don't mind spending a bit. I just want to stay in nice accommodations (not tired or worn) and feel like a Disney resort. I will check out some pics of the rooms and look at prices of YC, BC, and BWI.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter