Two Bedroom with lockout or not

aaronamy

DVC members since 2002
What is the difference between a two bedroom Villa and a two bedroom villa with a lockout?

It’s a lock off.

lockoff has two separate entries from the hallway. One for the studio portion. One for the one bedroom portion.

which one are you looking at? Dedicated sometimes has an extra bathroom, depending on the villas

It’s a lock off.

lockoff has two separate entries from the hallway. One for the studio portion. One for the one bedroom portion.

which one are you looking at? Dedicated sometimes has an extra bathroom, depending on the villas

Dedicated rooms have the same bathroom set up, they simply hsve two beds and no kitchenette in the 2nd bedroom.

Lock offs, as you mention, are nothing more than a studio and a one bedroom that have the door between them open.

Dedicated rooms have the same bathroom set up, they simply hsve two beds and no kitchenette in the 2nd bedroom.

Lock offs, as you mention, are nothing more than a studio and a one bedroom that have the door between them open.

right. I forget the difference between jumbo and kidani is the extra bathroom. Not dedicated vs lockoff

You can control the temperature separately in the lockoff with 2 separate thermostats. I prefer a dedicated but was told the dedicated only has one thermostat to control the whole unit. Husband likes it super cold after walking all day. I like to have the separate thermostats so I don’t freeze into a popsicle.

If it will be adults in the 2nd bedroom, I generally try to book a lock-off, it lets them come and go as they please. Sometimes togetherness can be too much togetherness.

Last edited:
You can control the temperature separately in the lockoff with 2 separate thermostats. I prefer a dedicated but was told the dedicated only has one thermostat to control the whole unit. Husband likes it super cold after walking all day. I like to have the separate thermostats so I don’t freeze into a popsicle.
I know at VGF the dedicated 2 bedroom had 2 thermostats. I can’t remember if SSR has two also. Some resorts like SSR will only have one balcony with the dedicated 2 bedroom, but the lock off will have 2 balconies. This varies by resort though.

Last edited:

I know at VGF the dedicated 2 bedroom had 2 thermostats. I can’t remember if SSR has two also. Some resorts like SSR will only have one balcony with the dedicated 2 bedroom, but the lock off will have 2 balconies. This varies by resort though.

Thanks! I will have to try a dedicated at VGF!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter