Two Contracts question about Moonlight Magic

coastermom

<font color=red>Proud Redhead<br><font color=peach
Hello ,

We have two contracts one has a blue card where we get our member extras , one we do not have a blue card with since it was after Disneys changes to resale contracts . My question is I am booking for the week of a moonlight magic event and am not sure which contract to use to book my trip . Last time we went to Moonlight magic at Epcot and it was a great time we would really like to try to get into this one as well . As I know we need a DVC reservation but does it have to match the blue card contract or can I use either contract ?

Thanks for any help

Use the UY contract that is best for the trip or resort, you can register for moonlight magic either way.

If you use the contract that's not eligible for member benefits, you should call MS a few days prior to the start of the event registration to make sure the room reservation is linked to the event registration database (which is a totally separate database).

Last edited:
They didn’t ask for contract numbers on the reservations page, only membership number.

They didn’t ask for contract numbers on the reservations page, only membership number.
True, but they pull a list of eligible resort reservations before booking begins. If the reservation was made using points from an ineligible contract, the reservation would not be loaded into the MM event booking database.

Maybe they have switched over the registration verification to a DVC members number instead of the contract, I have 1 contract that is qualified for perks, but 3 other resale purchases that are not. Caused a lot of headaches last year when trying for Moonlight Magic last year.

Maybe they have switched over the registration verification to a DVC members number instead of the contract, I have 1 contract that is qualified for perks, but 3 other resale purchases that are not. Caused a lot of headaches last year when trying for Moonlight Magic last year.
We had a similar issue. It took awhile for them to figure out the issue. Once they figured it out, they recommended that I book with the Eligible resort for the night of Moonlight Magic for future stays so as to avoid this issue.

I have multiple contracts and member numbers. I was able to book seamlessly online for both last fall DHS and for MK for Feb. I only have a single contract for 25 pts that qualifies me for member benefits. Both of the stays for the MM days were on the same membership number as my qualifying contract, but not on the qualifying contract. (Same UY and resort, but "second class" points). I never had to call and confirm beforehand. Not sure how it would have worked if I had been staying on one of the other member numbers. But, I believe several folks have been staying on cash reservations outside of the DVC system and it still worked for them. To me, you never know. If you don't get an email the afternoon before from DVC reminding you of the MM with the link in it, I would be on the phone to MS that night to confirm availability.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter