• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Two day trip in April -- need advice...

Born 2B a Princess

Where's my tiara?!?!
A friend and I are doing a quick two-day trip at the end of April. Resort reservation is made and our FP+ window opens tomorrow. We'll have two day park hopper tickets.

Must-dos for us on this trip are Toy Story Land and Pandora -- neither of us have done those before.

I believe AK has morning EMH on April 6 and MK on April 7.

I'm working on our FP+ plan and trying to figure out what would be best --

-RD Pandora during EMH on April 6, use our FP+ for another park after we finish AK mid/late morning...
-RD Toy Story Land on April 7, use our FP+ for another park after we finish DHS (Toy Story Land, ToT, RnRC are probably all we're going to do here).

OR

-RD a different park and use FP+ at AK later in the day, and on the other day RD a different park and use FP+ for TSL attractions...

Help!!!

The good thing about rope dropping AK is that you can do both Pandora rides back to back; hit FoP first and then NRJ, and still have plenty of time to do whatever else you want in AK and then hop. If you want to do that, plan on getting there an hour before rope drop. I would do that on the EMH day.

I don't have rope drop experience at Studios, so I can't comment on that. I will say that I enjoyed TSL more at night with all the lights on and out of the heat of the day, if that matters. We do park hop, so we tend to rope drop and then hop to a different park where we have FP's. However, with the refresh strategy, you can usually get most to pop up (except perhaps NRJ in AK, and SDD in DHS, and Dwarves is hit or miss).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter