• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Two days - AK or EP?

ejgonz2

DIS Veteran
Hi, DW, DD7, DS5 twins, and DD2 are heading back in march for our fourth trip over the past 4+ years. We're doing 8 nights, with 2 days at MK, one day at HS, an off day and at least one day each at AK and EP. We will only have base tix, hopping is too hard with the kids and strollers and bags.

We're trying to decide if we should do two days at EP or AK. The 2nd day will be close to a half day on our last day of the trip and we want to end with a character meal.

Reasons for AK: FP FOP twice and low key 2nd day after doing most of AK earlier in the trip. My twins are 43 inches tall 6 months out, so we should be ok to ride FOP. We'd end our second day with an early dinner at TH

Reasons for EP: we never fit everything in. We're finally ready for mission space and maybe TT. We actually love all of FW and that could take the majority of one day, ending a bit early which is good with our young ones or maybe catching illuminations for the first time.

If we did EP twice, we would do WS on our last day, doing Frozen and the Donald ride and seeing the acts and shows that we don't usually have the time for before ending with one last ride on soarin and dinner at garden grill

Any opinions? Either option would be good and I'm personally leaning towards EP since my kids don't know Avatar and might not appreciate that land, especially twice. But FOP sounds awesome and riding it twice might make a 2nd day at AK worth it

Last edited:
My personal opinion is to do DAK. This may not be a popular opinion, but Epcot was the least favorite park this summer. Mission Space was in refurbished when we were there. Much of the World Showcase is the same. The new Soarin' was disappointing with the distortion.

DAK has added a shows and entertainment. We spent the second most time after the Magic Kingdom.

I think your Epcot plan sounds good, that's what I would go with! We love Epcot and usually spend more time there than any other park. Sounds like there's a lot you haven't done yet with the entertainment and Illuminations. There are also the Kidcot stations and Agent P's which always end up taking a lot of our time.

Ugh, my two favorite parks!

If you can get a FP for FOP that second day, then I would get it. You can always decide during your trip. Then, if you decide on DAK, you have the FP. But if you decide on Epcot, then you can drop the FP and see what's available at EP.

I've never seen Avatar either, but man is Pandora cool.

I've never traveled with kids, but I can't imagine spending an entire day in FW. If you arrive early enough and snag some good FP, then you might have some time to kill in WS (or time to go back to the hotel and take a nap!)

Thanks for the input. The 2nd day would be more of a half day. We'd pack up some in the morning. Get there around lunch. Do whichever park for a few hours, have a character dinner and then head back.

I'm still torn but leaning to EP. The second FOP FP is my main driver for AK.

Thanks for the input. The 2nd day would be more of a half day. We'd pack up some in the morning. Get there around lunch. Do whichever park for a few hours, have a character dinner and then head back.

I'm still torn but leaning to EP. The second FOP FP is my main driver for AK.

You could RD FOP on you AK day and then also have the FP+ so you can get it in twice.

I would lean toward EP. We always run out of time at EP and last year it was my 5 yo's favorite park. I found it hardest to find things for my 2 yo at AK (she could really only ride Triceratop Spin and the shows) - I think there is more at EP for your 2 yo.

Personally, I would RD FOP and try to get a FOP FP+ for the same day so you can try to ride it twice in one day if you'd like. Honestly, other than FOP and Pandora at night, there isn't much in Pandora (yes, Nav'i is cool, but it's once-and-done IMHO), so, if you've done the majority of your touring on that first AK day, it sounds like you would literally be going to AK just to ride FOP again. As much as I love FOP (and I LOVE FOP), that wouldn't be enough for me to sacrifice a whole extra touring day in EP (where you could get a lot more done).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter