Two Favorites in Epcot with Kids and a Vegetarian

magicwishes

Mouseketeer
We will be going to Epcot for two days in May with 4 adults and 4 kids 1 year, 3 years, 5 years, and 7 years. One of the adults is a vegetarian. We would like to go to a table service restaurant each day. We probably won't do Akershus, because we are going to try to get CRT or BOG at MK and have done it before.

Which two table service restaurants would you choose with this group?

Garden Grill comes to mind.....it's a buffet but served family style....meaning they bring a platter of everything to the table....you can ask for seconds (thirds, etc) for whatever item you want. The veggies are mostly grown right there in The Land, so very fresh and delicious. One of the items served is sustainable fish (if your vegetarian will eat fish of course).

The kids will enjoy not only the food but also the characters (Mickey, Pluto and Chip/Dale in farmer garb).

Coral Reef has a veggie dish with Gardein in it (if the vegetarian likes those products), BUT you have to make sure they are OK with dining there. I have a very hard time sitting in a room looking out into an aquarium, while many people around me are eating fish.

Sunshine Seasons, while not a table service, also has a very nice Gardein Asian noodle dish. mmmmm.

Other than that we have only eaten at Via Napoli for table service, and we wouldn't go back. Seems we just tend to snack or use Sunshine Seasons while in Epcot.

Hi. I'm a vegetarian. I would not enjoy garden grill unless I called ahead and asked for a special meal. You don't want to spend that much money just to be limited to side dishes. (I don't eat fish). Most the Epcot restaurants on the WS have at least one vegetarian choice, though the variety isn't as good as it should be, in my opinion. I would avoid Germany and Canada and otherwise just go with the cuisines of your liking. Spice Road table looks good to me and is now accepting reservations.

Sunshine seasons was fantastic for quick service and we also enjoyed the quick service in France.

I'd choose almost any place and make sure they know one member of the party is a vegetarian. I've seen others post that they got an awesome vegetarian meal at Garden Grill and weren't just limited to sides. The key thing is to let them know ahead of time and not wait until you arrive for your reservation.

I'd definitely skip biergarten as it's a buffet with a lot of meat. The potential for cross-contamination and the sides likely not being vegetarian would mean that your friend would end up surrounded by a lot of food they can't eat. They could see something they like that they might not be able to have fixed to match their diet. I think it's worse seeing a buffet item you can't eat since you KNOW there is a ton of it versus being told that a side on the menu can't be made vegetarian.

My sister is a vegan and has eaten at Biergarten with us many times. They make her a tofu stir fry. She prefers it over Le Cellier, Marrakesh and Chefs de France. It's also a fun place for the kids.

My Aunt is a vegetarian and she likes Coral Reef, Nine Dragons, Akershus, Marrakesh, and Garden Grill. We called ahead for Garden Grill but everything else we just showed up and our server pointed her towards everything vegetarian.

I am a vegetarian and we travel to WDW with our 4 children. Some of our favorites are Tutto Italia, Via Napoli, Chefs de France, and La Hacienda. Most places are really accommodating.

I am a vegetarian and one of my all time favorites is Le Celier. The vegetarian option on the menu is always good and they can make the Poutine Fries vegetarian, which I love. I also like Teppan Edo, Via Napoli and Rose and Crown.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter