Two Geeks and A 9/16 At-Home Disney-ish Wedding - We're married!

I'm really excited about it :teeth:

And yes, the plans are definitely getting real! I think we're going to the post office tomorrow to get stamps. I'm hoping he'll address some more of the save the dates while I'm at work.

As it gets closer, I really wish I was coming!!

Yayyyy! How exciting that things are moving along. Your honeymoon plans sound great!

Matt is super lucky to have his own personal Disney Baker :worship:

Your honey moon plans sound relaxing. I take it that Magic Kingdom is your favorite park?? I don't know what gave me that idea, not like you don't post lots of pictures of you being there on Facebook...LOL

Glad to see that things are getting booked and plans are rolling along. It will be here before you know it. And how pretty are your invites going to be with Dad doing calligraphy??!! That's great!
Post pictures!!!

As it gets closer, I really wish I was coming!!

Me too!

Yayyyy! How exciting that things are moving along. Your honeymoon plans sound great!

I know, we're so pleased that things are moving along okay. I'm not really a fan of the whole "Okay, now we have to find THIS vendor" thing, so this is thankfully not that difficult so far. I'm so excited for the honeymoon! I really think we need a vacation :lmao:

Sounds like some great plans. I'm glad things are coming together!

Me too! :yay:
Matt is super lucky to have his own personal Disney Baker :worship:

Your honey moon plans sound relaxing. I take it that Magic Kingdom is your favorite park?? I don't know what gave me that idea, not like you don't post lots of pictures of you being there on Facebook...LOL

Glad to see that things are getting booked and plans are rolling along. It will be here before you know it. And how pretty are your invites going to be with Dad doing calligraphy??!! That's great!
Post pictures!!!

He knows it ;)

Why, what would ever give you that idea? :lmao: Yes, MK is my favorite. Matt's sort of tied between MK and Epcot.

I haven't heard back yet from the caterer, so if I don't hear by Friday, I'm going to give them a call. I'll have to ask my dad to send a sample pic of the calligraphy, since I don't want to post anyone's address online. He does good work, though :)

Popped in long enough to see you plans are really taking shape, I'm so excited for you.

Invitations! Jewelry! Booking Things! Family Drama!

So while we were out last Friday, the UPS person tried to deliver our invitations, which apparently had a signature required. So they got delivered on Monday instead. But here they are!

IMG_6635.JPG
The white stripey side is the back. Yes, the lefthand 'tab' button on my laptop fell off months ago. I love them!

IMG_6657.JPG
The purple stripey bit is the back. The references here include Firefly (the "yes" option), Star Wars (the "no"), Lord of the Rings (carnivore/herbivore statements), and gaming (omnivore).

We put the envelopes in the mail today to send to my dad, since he's doing the addressing. I need to send him the spreadsheet I have with everyone's addresses. I'm missing a couple, but they're two girls from work and some of Matt's cousins, so we can send them to him later.

Jewelry!

I ordered my necklace and earrings last week and they arrived a couple of days ago. The earrings are perfect and exactly what I wanted, so they're tucked into my little "bag o'wedding shtuff" in the closet. The necklace was another story, since it was more like a choker and not at all what I'd wanted. So that went in the mail today to be returned, and I'll be getting a longer strand when I get the refund.

Booking things!

We officially booked the caterer earlier this week. I have to send back the contract, but they have our deposit. We're also waiting to book the photographer, since she just moved and and has no access to a computer to take care of business stuff. Which is fine. Because...

Family drama!

You know how my parents said that they'd help pay for the wedding? Yeah, not so much. My dad has now said that because they paid for my dress and are paying for my niece to fly out for the wedding, he's only going to give us a few hundred dollars. While we were under the impression that they were splitting the cost of the venue and catering with us. So we're scrambling a bit right now. My mom is working on him, because that's not right (it's not his responsibility to get my niece to the wedding, it's my sister's), and has said that she'll still help out where she can. She also said that if it comes down to it, she'll ask my uncle to lend her the money. He always said I was his favorite, so I don't think he'd say no. So... Yeah. We'll figure it out. But of course, this comes just two days after we paid the non-refundable deposit for the caterer.

The invites are very cute! That's too bad about the necklace not being right but you have time before the wedding.

Ugh. Family drama. It is what it is. I hope you get everything sorted out before final payments are due.

I love your invites! "We hates it!" :jumping1:

Sorry about the family drama. Wedding finances always seem to bring it out. I wish you well on that.

Ouch! That's not a good about-turn by your dad. Sorry about it. Hope you sort it out before you need to pay for a few things.

Invite looks amazing!

I love the invites! I love the modern/typographic/whatever you call it look. I'd like to do something like that for ours, but I'm not sure it will go with the front of the card we have (a pocketfold, and I designed the front and I'm kind of attached to it haha).

And your family drama? Same. We put down the non-refundable deposit on the expensive venue, and a week later my dad started bringing up money things (indirectly attached to the wedding costs). It didn't help that when I sent my sister the chose date (who we had previously verified all possible dates with) her response was: "Oh no, my friend Koko's wedding is the night before! :eek: (or equivalent iphone emoji)."

It was like, seriously? I've never even heard of this person before, and you only have known her at most for 4 months (she had moved states recently).

I hope everything works out for you! Family drama is the worst. I definitely don't understand how paying for your niece calculates in; it should be a separate thing. I'm sure you want her there but her flight isn't really a wedding cost...

The invites are very cute! That's too bad about the necklace not being right but you have time before the wedding.

Ugh. Family drama. It is what it is. I hope you get everything sorted out before final payments are due.

I love our invites, I really do! They aren't what I originally wanted, but I still love them :)

Yeah, family drama seems to always come up around weddings. I'm sure it'll all get sorted. We're proceeding as planned for now.
I love your invites! "We hates it!" :jumping1:

Sorry about the family drama. Wedding finances always seem to bring it out. I wish you well on that.

Yeah, we're nerds :lmao:

That's pretty much what I said. Weddings and family drama seem to go hand in hand. My dad also tacked on another ELEVEN people to the guest list, but I'll get into that in an update here in a minute.

Ouch! That's not a good about-turn by your dad. Sorry about it. Hope you sort it out before you need to pay for a few things.

Invite looks amazing!

Honestly, it was kind of expected. We were shocked to begin with when he offered to pay, so we're not really surprised that he's backing out. We're figuring it out, though.

Thanks!

Yay for moving forward! Great invites. Sorry bout the drama.

It happens. Weddings seem to bring it out in people.

I love the invites! I love the modern/typographic/whatever you call it look. I'd like to do something like that for ours, but I'm not sure it will go with the front of the card we have (a pocketfold, and I designed the front and I'm kind of attached to it haha).

And your family drama? Same. We put down the non-refundable deposit on the expensive venue, and a week later my dad started bringing up money things (indirectly attached to the wedding costs). It didn't help that when I sent my sister the chose date (who we had previously verified all possible dates with) her response was: "Oh no, my friend Koko's wedding is the night before! :eek: (or equivalent iphone emoji)."

It was like, seriously? I've never even heard of this person before, and you only have known her at most for 4 months (she had moved states recently).

I hope everything works out for you! Family drama is the worst. I definitely don't understand how paying for your niece calculates in; it should be a separate thing. I'm sure you want her there but her flight isn't really a wedding cost...

Thank you! I wanted to do something similar to yours, but the amount of time and money that goes into that level of DIY wasn't something I felt comfortable with :lmao: We looked into Cards and Pockets and printing our own, but we decided to just go with Vistaprint. Much better for us.

Isn't family drama fun? :rolleyes: I really hope that everything comes together for you as well. And yes, I agree that my niece's flight isn't a wedding cost. It's my sister's business and that's that.

Shopping!

So, some things have been moving forward. We're basically progressing as planned, since my mom has assured us that one way or another, we'll have the money.

At any rate, I have a couple of updates. Back in November, when I was still working at F&W, I lost my engagement ring. It wasn't a diamond or anything like that, since I didn't want that, so while I was extremely upset to have lost it, it wasn't entirely a big deal (but tell that to my panicky self the night I lost it). Anyway, DF had promised me we'd replace it. We finally got around to ordering the new one last weekend, and it came in the mail today! I haven't put it back on for real yet (we bought a cheapo ring from Walmart because I just felt naked without a ring on my finger), but here's a couple pics:

IMG_6801.JPG
IMG_6802.JPG
IMG_6803.JPG

He said he wants to re-propose, probably in a way similar to how he originally wanted to. So we'll see what happens. I really want to put it back on!

We also ordered my new necklace for the wedding, and this one is exactly what I wanted.

IMG_6804.JPG IMG_6805.JPG

My earrings came in a few weeks ago, which look like this. They have a small hoop instead of a hook or post.

IMG_6782.JPG

I also did a little online shopping, with other things that haven't arrived yet. I ordered my garter through Etsy, and the champagne flutes that we wanted.

garter.jpg
This is the garter set! I'm still on the fence about doing the garter/bouquet toss, but DF REALLY wants to do the garter for some reason. So this is the garter I picked.

7409055360124.jpe
Our champagne flutes! We're going to have them engraved at the Arribas shop at Disney Springs instead of through the Disney Store website.

I know a lot of women wear heels for their weddings, but I just can't. I can't walk in them or wear them for longer than maybe twenty minutes due to the way I walk. So I'm wearing a pair of custom Converse. Matt's likely going to wear cowboy boots (haven't decided if he's getting new ones or wearing his old ones). I don't have a picture of them (Converse's customization page is flash based, so I wasn't able to save it), but they're going to be dark purple with dark grey lining inside and on the heel stripe.

I ALSO picked up some lingerie for the wedding night. And Matt's wedding present. It's been a busy week for my debit card :lmao: I got my tax return this week, so we figured we'd get some of the more incidental stuff that we want. I just ordered our salt ceremony, and we're also going to be ordering our wedding rings sometime soon.

Anyway! My dad finished the addresses for the invitations and mailed them back to us, so we'll be putting them in the mail in a few weeks. We have to stop by the post office to get the invitations weighed so we can put the right postage on them. A couple people asked to see the calligraphy, so I had him do a stock address so I could post it. He did a good job!

IMG_6708.JPG

He used the style for the first three lines. The rest is just an example of another kind he likes to do.

Ooh! Sounds like you're back on track.

The ring is beautiful!
Love the pearl necklace and the earrings. They are going to look amazing on and will suit you and the dress.

Gorgeous BatB flutes.
Nice calligraphy!!!

Here's to the 6 months flying by quick!

I love your wedding jewelry and the garter is awesome! And your engagement ring is so pretty! I also didn't want a diamond. We went with a white sapphire for mine.

That's sweet that your DF wants to re-propose. My husband proposed to me with a duct tape ring because my engagement ring wasn't ready when he wanted to propose. (When we first met, he peeled duct tape off a wall and made a ring out of it for me.) Once the ring was ready, he came to my work to give to me. He asked me to close my eyes while he put it on my hand because he wanted to see it on me first. It was very cute.

Comfortable shoes for your wedding are a must in my book. The custom Converse will be great!

Ooh! Sounds like you're back on track.

The ring is beautiful!
Love the pearl necklace and the earrings. They are going to look amazing on and will suit you and the dress.

Gorgeous BatB flutes.
Nice calligraphy!!!

Here's to the 6 months flying by quick!

We're trying to be! We're basically just going along as is. We can't cancel anything without incurring fees at this point, so it makes sense to just continue on.

I know, I love my ring! :lovestruc I can't wait to wear it again! I sent the picture of me with the necklace on to my mom. I think she'll like it :)

I can't wait for the flutes to get here. They haven't been shipped yet.

I'll tell him you said so!

And yes, agreed. But not so quick that we can't enjoy what comes in the next few months :)

I love your wedding jewelry and the garter is awesome! And your engagement ring is so pretty! I also didn't want a diamond. We went with a white sapphire for mine.

That's sweet that your DF wants to re-propose. My husband proposed to me with a duct tape ring because my engagement ring wasn't ready when he wanted to propose. (When we first met, he peeled duct tape off a wall and made a ring out of it for me.) Once the ring was ready, he came to my work to give to me. He asked me to close my eyes while he put it on my hand because he wanted to see it on me first. It was very cute.

Comfortable shoes for your wedding are a must in my book. The custom Converse will be great!

Thanks! :goodvibes My ring is a cubic zirconia, but considering how often I have to take it off, it didn't make sense for me to have an expensive stone and risk losing it literally every day (can't wear it at work, after all).

I know, he's such a hopeless romantic :lovestruc It's one of the things I love about him. He said that the next time we're on property together, he's going to do it. That's so sweet about your husband! I love the idea of the duct tape ring :laughing: I had originally told Matt that I didn't care if he proposed with a ring pop. I just wanted to marry him.

Oh, I agree. I don't know how some women can wear these six inch platforms and not fall over. I like the way heels make my legs look, but not the way they make me feel.

Joint Bachelor/Bachelorette and Honeymoon Stuff!

The other day, Disney released the dates for this year's MNSSHP events, and they line up for the wedding. So on the night before the wedding, September 16, we're inviting everyone to go to MNSSHP with us as a joint stag night :teeth: We can't afford to pay for everyone, so it's going to be an optional, pay-your-own-way kind of thing. We'll see who all wants to go. I really can't wait, I think it'll be a great time. They're bringing back the Hocus Pocus show and this is just my favorite event in all of WDW, so I'm really excited. I want to get a picture of everyone in front of the castle. DF and I are going to do Memory Maker for the honeymoon, so we'll activate it that night.

As I mentioned before, we're just staying on property at Riverside. We were able to make our dining reservations earlier this week, so I did :) This is what we've got.
  • September 17: Wedding day! No ADRs!
  • September 18, 8pm: Narcoossee's (2 credits)
  • September 19, 1pm: Liberty Tree Tavern
  • September 20, 7:15pm: Cape May Cafe
  • September 21, 5:50pm: Tony's Town Square
  • September 22, 6:10pm: Coral Reef
  • September 23, 4:40pm: Be Our Guest (after check out)
Honestly, we're kind of planning for the reservations to be our only solid plans. Hopefully Matt will be a CM again by then, which means we'd both have passes and wouldn't have to worry about me guesting him in. We both want to relax and enjoy the resort pool and hot tub. We also have the whole "We can always come back to go on that another day" thing going for us.

WOW! How awesome to be lining your celebrations up with MNSSHP. I know how much you enjoy that celebration time! Now I really wish I were going.

Your ADRs look great.

The ring - swooooooon! :love: Love your jewelry too!

I can't show Zack those champagne flutes, or they'll show up at our door. He has a weakness for glass, and Disney pushes him over the edge lol. But we already have our 'champagne flutes'! If not, I have a feeling we would end up with those.

I'm with you on heels. I can wear them for awhile, but for my wedding? Flats all around. I decided that when I was 14 and my cousin wore flip flop slippers under her ballgown style wedding dress. I probably won't choose them til I pick a dress, but I'm considering cute ballet flats, splurging on a more expensive pair that I'll wear a lot after, maybe the Disney painted toms, and now custom Converse... :rolleyes: I love that idea! Can't wait to see!

That's so cool that your dad could do the caligraphy. I'm going to try and make my cricut address everything - I've seen it on Pinterest. I imagine it will take longer than me handwriting, but my writing is just basic and readable.

I'd like our honeymoon to be like yours. I'm hoping for a long trip so we can relax and go with the flow, not feel like we have to race to see everything (like I did in DL - first time ever - or when a friend and I did one day at DLP).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter