Two new Disney Cruise Line ships could be coming in 2015 & 2016

aaawwwwwwwe....... come on Dr.........the Magic and Wonder are just reaching middle age!...............they have a long ways to go........especially for those two classy ladies!

You do know why they refer to ships in the female gender???:rolleyes1

Its a old sea story.............that over time all things of grace and beauty are referred to in the female gender......EI ...ships and boats are girls!::yes::

there are other more.............shall I say *saltier * tales as well!
:lmao:

AKK
:rotfl2::rotfl::lmao::rotfl2::rotfl::lmao: ~Wow Tonka, you are almost as bad as the pirate. I cannot believe my eyes but strangely enough -- I just love it, because this brought me to tears! Oh, how I appreciate you bringing laughter & joy to my gray morning.

~I honestly didn't know why ships were referred to in the female gender. Boats and ships are girls -- okay, lol. And, I just can't ignore these "sordid tales," you're a Captain and sailor, so I can only imagine the stories you could never share -- just the thought makes me blush. :blush: :faint: I love boats, so if you ruin my perception of them, how can I ever forgive you? I'll just stick with your beautiful sea story, I really love that. :lovestruc

~Back to Magic & Wonder -- you are the expert, so if you say they're just middle age, I'll take your word for it. But, you've seen the nightmare with the Carnival ships so I don't want Disney to push it. :goodvibes

If they decide to make a new ship I hope it is called the "Nightmare" and it could be Jack Skellington themed and/or Haunted Mansion too...Think about it, it would make for an interesting cruise.

If they decide to make a new ship I hope it is called the "Nightmare" and it could be Jack Skellington themed and/or Haunted Mansion too...Think about it, it would make for an interesting cruise.

I like it. The "Dark Kingdom" of the seas!!! So this can be the theme for the 5th park at WDW and the 5th ship of DCL!

And now, back to reality...

I believe that Carnival already has a few ships called "Nightmare" .;)

If more ships result in more/different ports of call, I am all for it.

I would love to see Disney take advantage of its presence in Hawaii and offer a cruise around the islands - similar to NCL's Pride of America.

My dream trip is to go spend 3/4 days in Aulani and then catch a cruise around the islands for a week and then back to Aulani for another 4/5 days. To be an all Disney themed vacation would be heaven. :cloud9:

I would love to see Disney take advantage of its presence in Hawaii and offer a cruise around the islands - similar to NCL's Pride of America.

My dream trip is to go spend 3/4 days in Aulani and then catch a cruise around the islands for a week and then back to Aulani for another 4/5 days. To be an all Disney themed vacation would be heaven. :cloud9:

Even if they wanted to they cant do that because of cruise ship laws. They ahve to visit a foreign port. In order for them to do that they would need to be flagged to the US, not the bahamas which changes who they can hire and so much more.

Even if they wanted to they cant do that because of cruise ship laws. They ahve to visit a foreign port. In order for them to do that they would need to be flagged to the US, not the bahamas which changes who they can hire and so much more.

Interesting. Is Norwegien Cruise Line (NCL) a US based cruise line? If not, then how can they have their ship Pride of America exclusively in Hawaii. It never goes to a foreign port

I didn't think it mattered where it was flagged, but that if they don't visit a foreign port regardless of where it was flagged, they had to deal with US labor requirements.

NCL's Pride of America is the only American flagged cruise ship, that is why they can do just the Hawaii cruise. Took the cruise last year was very good but expensive.

My husband and I just got off the Disney Fantasy Western Caribbean cruise (B itinerary) and loved it so much we booked the A itinerary for next year. As we were booking the Woman helping us let it slip that Disney will be making an announcement regarding trips to Hawaii in 2015. Possibly going out from the west, traveling around some of the Hawaiian islands and a stop in Mexico for the foreign port. We were excited to hear that because my husband is from Hawaii and we would love to take our family there, preferably on a Disney Cruise. She said the official news should be out this fall.

That is largely a product of the premium pricing. With Carnival's issues of late I'm not sure that is a bad thing.

Galveston is a fail mainly from Texas' schools' being reimbursed by the state based on attendance. 8 absences for the year are it or there are draconian consequences for most Texas school districts. Repeating the grade or significant fines being the stick. It is a $200 a day fine per student in our school district once you missed more than 2 days without a doctor's note. We had friends who budgeted $800 for attendance fines to enjoy low crowd periods at WDW. They justified it as it made it about the same cost as when school was out but much more enjoyable. The majority of the population for Galveston departures are from the state of Texas. East Coaster aren't flying to Houston over Florida to catch a cruise. 4-5 day Caribbean cruises to the Caymans and Cozumel that we've been flying to for 25 years isn't that appealing.

Being in Houston I'd love a Galveston, Key West/Castaway cay, Canaveral shuttle with a 5-7 days at WDW and catch the boat back to Galveston via Castaway/KW. We presently pay about $4-500 per person round trip for airfare.

I would love to see Disney keep cruising out of Galveston. (We live in Oklahoma) They were in and out so quickly that I never had a chance to sail from there. I know they aren't leaving until January, but at the time they announced they were cruising from there, our vacations to other places had already been booked for all of the school vacation times. If only they'd be there in March, I'd be sailing at Spring Break.

we were originally on the trip to hawaii aboard the wonder when it first went but we canceled since it spent way too much time at sea and basically 72 hours in the islands. It was not our idea of going to hawaii.

I would love to see Disney keep cruising out of Galveston. (We live in Oklahoma) They were in and out so quickly that I never had a chance to sail from there. I know they aren't leaving until January, but at the time they announced they were cruising from there, our vacations to other places had already been booked for all of the school vacation times. If only they'd be there in March, I'd be sailing at Spring Break.

They may be hope yet. The holiday cruises out of Galveston are selling for way more than the ones out of Miami.

Maybe having a cruise ship sail out of Galveston is a good way of getting people to the new Disney park opening in Texas. Hahaha, just kidding, though that would be a good hook. I think one of the smaller ships in the fleet would do good if it had a route which took people from the northeast, like New York, down to Florida. Perhaps they do, I'm not really up to date on their routes. Disney Wish and Disney Believe would be my names of choice.

~Celtic~

Too funny, I thought of the same names - Disney Wish and Disney Believe. That would be awesome!! I'm about to go on my 3rd cruise since June of this year, and I'm totally hooked on DCL!!

http://www.insidethemagic.net/2013/...magic-and-wonder-may-receive-major-makeovers/

Copied from the above link (not my article/site)

Ahoy landlubbers! I’ve just returned from four days at sea on the illustrious Disney Dream with news that’s making its way across all decks. According to multiple sources onboard, Disney Cruise Line is expected to make some big announcements soon regarding its current and future fleet of ships.

If the at-sea talk is true, Disney Cruise Line plans to add two new cruise ships, launching one in 2015 and one in 2016. The ships will reportedly be sized between the existing offerings, larger than the Disney Magic and Disney Wonder, but smaller than the Disney Dream and Disney Fantasy.

The staff aboard the Dream has been told there’s more to come from Disney Cruise Line soon. Every Cast Member I asked, from servers to cashiers to managers seemed to know something about it, some willing to elaborate on details, others only offering a smirk and a light-hearted, “Wouldn’t that be nice?” (I hear loose lips sink ships.) Many did ultimately give an affirming “yes” when asked if they knew of new ships coming to Disney Cruise Line.

But take this information with a grain of sea salt. Without official confirmation, specifics may not be accurate yet. Fortunately, that confirmation may not be too far away.

The announcement(s) could come as soon as two weeks from now as Walt Disney World prepares for its “Monstrous Summer” press event. Invitations recently sent out specifically name “Disney Cruise Line news” as being part of it. The event will take place April 25 and 26 and we’ll be there to follow up.

The timeframe is feasible. It took less than two years from the time construction began in Germany on the Disney Dream to the time the ship sailed its maiden voyage from Florida (though it was ordered from builder Meyer Werft two years prior to building). So it’s not unthinkable that Disney could have a new ship built within the next two years, for delivery into service by 2015 with another following a year later, much like the Fantasy did a year after the Dream – as long as construction begins soon.

…)

And here we are five months later... :confused3
There's nothing less reliable than castmember or crewmember rumors.

And here we are five months later... :confused3
There's nothing less reliable than castmember or crewmember rumors.

They DID make an announcement. It just didn't turn out to be what the bloggers wanted it to be.

The Disney Magic is getting an overhaul, which it is currently undergoing. But that is all at this point. It is expected the Wonder will get a similar overhaul sometime in the next few years.

They DID make an announcement. It just didn't turn out to be what the bloggers wanted it to be.

The Disney Magic is getting an overhaul, which it is currently undergoing. But that is all at this point. It is expected the Wonder will get a similar overhaul sometime in the next few years.

I've also heard that the Wonder hasn't scheduled hers yet because the Panama Canal extension is behind, and after her refurbishment she wouldn't fit through to do the Alaskan tours in the summer months. Rumor of course, but it makes sense. They did suddenly cancel two cruises in January to do a small dry dock, so it does seem like they're trying to put a larger one off for a bit longer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter