Two Nights on DDP ~ With Photos

2angelsinheaven

Loves making dreams come true!
It's 10:15pm and what am I doing? I figured since there isn't much else to do tonight I'll try my hand at a dining review. Knowing how much I rely on these when I'm planning my meals and experiences I guess I should give back.

Our dining took place on 11/16-11/18 and for the first day the cast of characters include my dear Fiance John and myself. Meeting up with us the next day are my Favorite Aunt and Uncle Darlene and Bob and my lovely Grandmother Mary. Our DDP stay was a POP although this time surprising we never ate here except to pick up a bag of Doritos and some Bud for late night snacks. And away we go...

Unfortunately the first night I've got no photos to share with you as I forgot (doh!) my camera in the car. Dinner tonight would be at Raglan Road.

Atmosphere: Wonderful, quite, a rarity in the "world" and peaceful. Nice Irish music playing in the background along with the chitter chatter of the guys enjoying their brews at the bar.
Service: Again, Wonderful, our server was very helpful and knew all the ins and outs of the dining plan and was very helpful in suggesting things we would like and accommodating my special requests.
Food: Again GREAT! See below for details...
We arrive around 5pm to an empty restaurant, I thought maybe for a moment that there might be a break between meals and they were not seating but not the case and we were able to change our 8:30pm ADR to be seated ASAP. Which was wonderful news to my Fiance since we had not eaten all day as we were busy shopping and exploring. We were brought in and seated by ourselves in a half chairs/half booth combo which I liked since I like booths and he likes chairs, perfect! The menu was pretty much on T with what I'd seen online so I knew what I wanted already but I allowed our Wonderful server to make some suggestions. We opted to try the Whiskey Flight OOP and I found it super strong so John got all the goods, he ended up mixing each sample with a coke and thus ended up with three mixed drinks for $15, we were happy.
For apps we ordered the Salt and Pepper Squid and Goat Cheese. John enjoyed the squid but did not care of the dip as it reminded him too much of mayo of which he is not a fan. My goat cheese was wonderful and huge, I really enjoyed the berries and nuts that came with it. Nice touch.
For our main course we both got the steak, instead of the fried onions our server was able to give me cabbage instead (hey you can't go to a true Irish place and not get cabbage, can you) which was appreciated. I found the steak to be very tender but I was not fond of the cabbage, I found it a bit too undercooked for me.
For dessert we both got the Bread and Butter Pudding one word... HEAVEN. This stuff is so good. Huge raisins, loads of yummy sauce to pour all over it. If I wasn't so stuffed I would have said "more please".
I finished off dinner with a Iced Irish and John some type of Irish beer. Our total was pushing $100, all included thanks to DDP. Our OOP was $36 for the flight, beer, mixed drink and tip.
Final Word: We would go here again

After dinner we rolled, I mean walked back to the bus station and caught a bus to POP where we met up with a friend who was also staying there for the weekend. We grabbed some Dorritos for a snack credit and some Bud and headed to the room where we somehow managed to get up the will to go swimming. OUCH! The water was nice but watch that wind when you get out in 45 degree weather. Brrr.... Off then to dreams about the next days gluttony.

I spent the next morning at Candlelight Rehearsal while John walked around the World Showcase waiting for me to go to lunch. I figured we might try to eat around the world or at least make a few stops and spread our CS credits out. So our first stop was Mexico. Now I've got photos for you...

1004373jm1.jpg

Us with Donald in Mexico at lunch

For lunch we got the Combo plate and those little crispy doughnut wheel things in a package, you know the ones and a diet coke, we also ordered an extra coke since we only we're using on CS credit. Total was about $15 or so and another $2 OOP for the coke.

1004371gg4.jpg

John enjoying the Combo plate we shared

I thought it was all pretty good, John was not too hot for the combo of course since he tells me after I ordered that he does not like beans or salsa or this or that, ugh men! So he ends up eating a bite or two and then the snack while I'm "forced" to eat the rest...lol. :blush:

All and all it was not bad but I think next time we would order the Nachos, now those looked GOOD! Not much to say for atmosphere here it's outside and on the water which is nice but when we ate it was packed with some loud teens on a field trip so, well you get the picture. The CM who took our order said the Jungle Juice or whatever it was called was not on the DPP.

1004372sq8.jpg

That's Me!

After our stop in Mexico we walked around the WS browsing all the ships and checking out the Christmas decorations. Since John was itching to try a Japanese beer we stopped here for the second stop in our World tour.

1004383mz1.jpg

Hungry Guests checking out the Menu

1004385ew0.jpg

Our Food and Me

I ordered the Sushi, Ginger Cake and Iced Green tea along with the large Kirin for John. Total here was about $12 and OOP was $8.

1004387nz0.jpg

A shot of the food, yummy Sushi!

We really liked this place. It had a nice patio although we ate inside due to the chilly weather. The service was fast and friendly. There was subtle music playing in the background. The Sushi was pretty good on par with the kind I like from Publix and the Ginger cake was really light and airy, not too heavy at all. I was not too keen on the Green Tea but it was a change of pace from the diet cokes. John enjoyed the Kirin and I thought it was pretty tasty.

:surfweb: Wow, this stuff takes awhile, I'm headed to bed so look for more tomorrow. Including The Coral Reef, Crystal Palace and Pepper Market. Nite Nite All.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter