Two not-so-young and not-so-lucky princesses Christmas Trip Day 3 and 4 added

giuly09

it made me feel like i was the queen....
We woke up pretty early again, my mum was feeling slightly better but not able to walk ok yet, plus, with her elbow locked in plaster she could not wear her jacket anymore and was not even possible to think of going out without because of the freezing weather.
I told her i would had loved to see Dreams that night... she said she would had loved to see that too so – after a short discussion - we agreed the cleverest thing to do was to rent a wheelchair.

So the plan was: EMH for me again, lunch in the park, back to pick her up and back to the main park to enjoy Dreams.

So back again there, went to City Hall and booked Inventions (we had missed it first day because of the accident) for wednesday at 6 pm, then noticed a short queue for Donald Duck, joined in and got this lovely pic of me and him...

20141209_085020_zps3149fa79.jpg

Peter Pan, Space Mountain again then a walk around, i had to be careful walking as it was pretty icy, then got my way back to the Studios and bumoed into Chip (or Dale i don't know) and got this selfie i find pretty cute...

20141209_093258_zps24d08b4c.jpg

Got to the Studios around 9.30 and people had already started queueing for Mickey... decided to join there and after a half an hour queue i was able to hug Mr. Big Guy in person... what a lovely moment!!

DSCN0363_zps00f1f00b.jpg

Ratatouille again, Parachute Drops (a walk in for a single rider) tried Nemo again but queue was too long for a single rider IMO (25 mins) so back to the main park, did IASM, Casey Jr was another short queue, the i started feeling hungry and decide to treat myself to fish and chips at Toad's Hall (great i can tell) then a look around the shops (got her a men's Disneyland Jacket as it was the only one she could wear confortably with her plastered arm) and the Village and back to pick up my mum.

As you can imagine and as she did not walk very well (BTW she complained a lot she did not like the jacket lol) way back was pretty slow, anyway we got our way to the Park, rented a wheelchair and things started to get better then.
We had a look around, decided to eat a croque monsieur and then find a place to see Dreams.
Now, ia had never been driving a wheelchair before and found it pretty difficult, plus many people are not very understanding and find you just annoying so it was not easy, i will never thank enough the lovely cast member who allowed us into the dedicated part in front of the castle to see Dreams even though we did not have the green card (i had not been thinking about getting one).

20141209_183158_zps4ce1702e.jpg

Dreams.... i had seen the previous version in 2012 and found this to be even better, maybe because of the fantastic Christmas atmosphere. It was freeezing there but it did not spoilt our fun... i could not resist and bought one of the flashing Minnie bows that looks amazing at night lol

After Dreams we gave back the wheelchair and hobbled our way to the Pink Palace as we had decided to treat ourselves to a glowtini....
Well 18 euros each but it was worth every cent i think even more after the horrible first two days we had had.

20141209_195205_zpscb812af3.jpg

Mum was tired then so we walked back to the bus station, were lucky enough the bus was not long to arrive and got back to the Kyriad, pretty tired but happy we had done something together at last...

Links to day 1 and day 2

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3359375

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3359484

Really pleased that you and mum got to see Dreams Giulia and delighted that the CM used common sense and allowed you into the disabled area. Great that you were able to get so much done on your own too. :goodvibes

Love the photos - it is Dale in your photo - Chip has the dark chocolate nose and Dale the milk chocolate one. That is sure to come up in a pub quiz some day and you will thank me for telling you. ;)

You both salvaged as much as possible out of your trip which I really admire you for - it can't have been easy. :hug:

Oh and congratulations on your new ticker. :thumbsup2

Thanks for the information Anne, to be honest i had never been thinking about *that* difference :rotfl2::goodvibes

As we say we have tried to make a virtue out of necessity and enjoy as much as possible.... anyway the new ticker is something we really deserve don't we :rotfl::rotfl:

Day 4 started in the same way of the others.... breakfast for me.... some brekkie for my mum in our room and then me heading to EMH.
But that day, as renting the wheelchair the day after had been such a success and as we had booked inventions for dinner, we decided i would had been back around midday to pick up my mum and then back to the park to rent again the wheelchair and enjoy the rest of the day.

During EMH i bumped again in Chip and Dale and got my photo with both of them this time..

20141210_084427_zpsd6c466ac.jpg

then Space Mountain again, Carousel de Lancelot and Peter Pan, oh i just love to ride them *walking in*.

Back to the Kyriad, mum was ready and headed our way back to the park...shame it started raining, not too hard but anyway we had to stop at times to avoid getting soaked.

I rode Indiana Jones (i had done that many years ago with my son and never done that anymore since..) tried It's a Small World but even though the queue was short the CM did not allow us to get into from the disabled entrance and my mum did not feel to walk all the way long so just turned back and decided to wait for the parade.
We got a nice spot just in front of Casey's and enjoyed it in its full

DSCN0424_zps0e20e8cb.jpg

DSCN0432_zpsa472273d.jpg

DSCN0446_zps3a28ce14.jpg

then we decided to explore the Studios and have a look at the shops in the Village.
I rode ToT again as the queue was just 5 mins, shame it started raining again and my mum was out waiting for me and got wet...

As we had booked the first slot in Inventions and my mum still was not able to walk very well we brought back the wheelchair and walked our way to Inventions.
We were sat in the same table i had for my birthday in 2012, close to the window and with a lovely view on the park, we were able to see some bits of Dreams from there too.
Now, i love Inventions and have already started thinking about booking the sunday Brunch for next trip but to be honest the food choice is not fantastic... prawns were stone cold and so were snails...pasta was a good qualityt even for a fussy Italian like me and so were the cakes, meat was pretty hard to eat..
Anyway we had a good characters interaction and got some lovely pics..

20141210_181002_zps02032264.jpg

20141210_1821440_zpsb6a5821b.jpg

DSCN0454_zps15033324.jpg

DSCN0456_zpsa6b66546.jpg

Back to the Kyriad, happy we have had a good day after all and started planning for our last day there...

Good that you got to see Dreams and that your mum managed a bit better in the wheelchair :thumbsup2

I followed your ups and downs on FB but 1st time I've seen your trippie. You look fab :)
Poor mum, but not too much longer to wait to the next visit, are you going back to the Kyriad ? Can't believe they wouldn't let you take breakfast to the room, poor customer service from them there :(

I followed your ups and downs on FB but 1st time I've seen your trippie. You look fab :)
Poor mum, but not too much longer to wait to the next visit, are you going back to the Kyriad ? Can't believe they wouldn't let you take breakfast to the room, poor customer service from them there :(

Thanks for your compliments Jill :lovestruc
No this time we will stay at the Dream Castle, i stayed there in 2012 for my 50th and liked it even though i have read some not so good reviews lately...
We really look forward to going back.... and hopefully the weather will be milder than December :flower1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter