Two Questions: Cabanas and DVC Points Charge

sizzlin’ bacon

Earning My Ears
I've read in threads about folks renting a cabana at the pool, can you do that ahead of time, cost, and is it worth it? Second question, anyone know anything about a charge per DVC point used and what the cost is? Thanks

I've read in threads about folks renting a cabana at the pool, can you do that ahead of time, cost, and is it worth it? Second question, anyone know anything about a charge per DVC point used and what the cost is? Thanks

Cabanas need to be booked ahead of time. Cost is $425 for family pool, $325 for adult pool. DVC members get 10% off. See the link below for more info and contact number to book:

https://www.disneyaulani.com/activities/poolside-cabanas/

We have not done a cabana but did book the executive lanai one trip and loved it! It is not by the pool but down lower facing the ocean.

There is transient tax, it is a nightly charge based on what kind of unit you are staying in. The chart is attached below for 2019.

Attachments

• 2019-hi-tat-web-cht-121018.pdf
    130.1 KB · Views: 97
Thank you @keaster for sharing the transient tax information. I'd been wondering how much we would be for our upcoming vacation so at least now I can factor the cost into our budget.

I will also add to call and book your cabana ASAP. I believe the booking window opens something like six months in advance. There are very few of them and people tend to book them early to hold them, and will drop them closer to their travel dates as they refine their plans.

We just booked an executive Lanai for early July. I was told you can book up to 12 months in advance.

Has anyone rented the Cabana at the adult pool. DW and I are going the first week of March and wondered if one would be worth the $325.00 or would we be better off just getting a few lounge chairs and spending that money somewhere else?
Thanks in advance for any input

DH and I did the adult cabana in May, which we booked 2 months in advance. We reserved it for our check in day and got to the resort first thing in the morning. It was our first trip to Aulani and it was nice to have a reserved space while we got oriented, and the safe to lock up stuff before our room was ready at 4. We really enjoyed the large fruit and dessert platters, and comfy chairs. We spent all day in the cabana, so felt we got our moneys worth. If you do decide to book, it might make more sense to do it on a weekend day when the pools are busier.

We just spent a week at Aulani and loved it. We were there the second full week of January, 2019 and the transient tax was around $150 for the stay. Not bad at all.

We saw the cabanas at the adult pool but didn't use them. We only saw 1 group use one the entire time we were there. If you are with a group, I would say it could be worth it, but on your own I don't know that it would be. The bar and food availability are right next to the adult pool and for most of our stay the poolside service was pretty prompt and attentive and when it wasn't we were happy to help ourselves.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter