• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. - Corey Click Here

Two resort reservations same dates BUT Im not holding a ressie, let me explain

bluejasmine

DIS Veteran
Two resort reservations same dates BUT Im not holding a ressie, let me explain....

Hubby and I staying Pop, son and his family rented DVC points for Boardwalk. Im going to help care for baby so they can ride so my son added me to his reservation so I can tag along for the extra night hrs and help.

I know you can have two resort reservations for the same date you just cant be lead on both and Im not.

My question is, will my magicband scan show the Boardwalk reservation and allow me to stay for the extra hours?

Two resort reservations same dates BUT Im not holding a ressie, let me explain....

Hubby and I staying Pop, son and his family rented DVC points for Boardwalk. Im going to help care for baby so they can ride so my son added me to his reservation so I can tag along for the extra night hrs and help.

I know you can have two resort reservations for the same date you just cant be lead on both and Im not.

My question is, will my magicband scan show the Boardwalk reservation and allow me to stay for the extra hours?
So is your goal to stay for extended evening hours and ride? If you are just planning to stay to help with the baby, you don't have to be staying at a deluxe to do so. It's only to ride rides.

Essentially, CMs will scan magic bands or cards when you are in line or before you board but if you're not riding anything, you don't have to worry about it. As far as if you get deluxe benefits being on two reservations, that is a question for guest services. I would ask via chat now or when you arrive.

Best option is for you to be listed on the BWV reservation as you mentioned in your post above and get a cool new 50th Anniversary RFID plastic room key. No need to connect the reservation to your MDE account. Since it is a BWV points rental there is no additional adult charge for their DVC room.

One MB will not be able to be linked to 2 different resorts at the same time. As @TheSouthernBelle posted above if you are just going to be helping with the baby and riding attractions you don't have to do anything special unless you want to actually enter the Theme Park after regular hours.

Regular guests can stay in the park, eat, drink, shop and in your case be a great caregiver to the baby.

Dave

I suggest you get the key card for the Boardwalk room to have just in case it's needed. Because you just never know when you may need it and if you don't have it, and need it, then it's too late. Just get the card and then it's out of the way. It's easy to do.
Have them put you down as Grandma Smith on their Reservation in MDE
Have them get a key card for Grandma Smith at the desk
Use the key card to enter the park for Deluxe extra hours, and any rides that you and baby may happen to ride along on
Or to take baby back to room to bed
Use your MB for our room

I suggest you get the key card for the Boardwalk room to have just in case it's needed. Because you just never know when you may need it and if you don't have it, and need it, then it's too late. Just get the card and then it's out of the way. It's easy to do.
Have them put you down as Grandma Smith on their Reservation in MDE
Have them get a key card for Grandma Smith at the desk
Use the key card to enter the park for Deluxe extra hours, and any rides that you and baby may happen to ride along on
Or to take baby back to room to bed
Use your MB for our room
Yes i agree and this is exactly what i will do! Thank you

Should mention the only hiccup to that plan would be if adding you to the room exceeds occupancy limits. Hopefully they have space to add 1 more adult to their room

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter