Two specific questions need help

rebelbuddhist

Mouseketeer
Have 2 questions we need answers for a Dec, 2022, trip.
First, we have been reading posts about adults ordering entrees from children's menu. Years ago we were told no to doing this. But it seems from other posts that an adult can order from children's menu but only gets the entrees and has to pay a la carte for drinks and any sides. Is that now a Disney policy or up to each restaurant? Or is it not allowed at all?
Second, do you have to be a registered guest to participate in activities at a resort or can guests from other resorts participate? Specifically, do you have to be a registered guest at Old Key West to participate in the Mickey Mouse tie dying shirt activity?
Thanks in advance for your response.

We’ve ordered children’s meals at QS. Not sure about TS. You may wish to look for this answer on the Disney Restaurants board.

Anyone can participate in the tie-dye t-shirt activity at the resorts it’s offered at. My daughter made one at Pop for herself then a couple of days later she made a second one for a friend at All Stat Mivies.

Have 2 questions we need answers for a Dec, 2022, trip.
First, we have been reading posts about adults ordering entrees from children's menu. Years ago we were told no to doing this. But it seems from other posts that an adult can order from children's menu but only gets the entrees and has to pay a la carte for drinks and any sides. Is that now a Disney policy or up to each restaurant? Or is it not allowed at all?
Second, do you have to be a registered guest to participate in activities at a resort or can guests from other resorts participate? Specifically, do you have to be a registered guest at Old Key West to participate in the Mickey Mouse tie dying shirt activity?
Thanks in advance for your response.
My mother ordered off the kids menu a few times on a recent trip. They just charged her the regular kids price. I think this varies by restaurant and if they said no it wouldn't have been a big deal, she just doesn't have a big appetite and prefers more simple food so it works for her. I always asked if it would be okay before she ordered it.

You may be recalling when the dining plans were available. On those, adults and kids could order only from their respective menus.

I've ordered from the kids menu in TS as recently as last fall so know it can be done.

However, some restaurants in Disney Springs are not Disney-owned and may not allow it.

There has been some chatter on the Restaurants Forum. Recently some folks have been told a teen/adult they can order from the kids' menu by paying ala cart (entree, sides, beverage). It doesn't seem to be consistent as a system-wide change, so it may be a test or based on restaurant.

You're not allowed at the pools at all if you aren't a guest. Once you are there, it's not like they are going to ID a kid trying to pay for tie dye. But I've always paid for this stuff with Magicband, which obviously doesn't work if you aren't a guest.

Once you are there, it's not like they are going to ID a kid trying to pay for tie dye. But I've always paid for this stuff with Magicband, which obviously doesn't work if you aren't a guest.
I'm not sure where you got this information from as resort activities (aside from swimming) are open to anyone. I've gone to movies under the stars at various resorts. Paid for tye-dying a shirt at a couple of resorts. Activities are not exclusive to guests of that resort unless they are in the pool area which are understandably restricted to guests staying at that resort.

I'm not sure where you got this information from as resort activities (aside from swimming) are open to anyone. I've gone to movies under the stars at various resorts. Paid for tye-dying a shirt at a couple of resorts. Activities are not exclusive to guests of that resort unless they are in the pool area which are understandably restricted to guests staying at that resort.
I've never actually been to SSR, but at WL and Stormalong Bay, where I have actually done this activity, there is a carded gate and a sign that the pool is for registered guests. I know Poly has the same signs.

I guess it's possible SSR does this in the lobby, which is obviously open to anyone.

I've never actually been to SSR, but at WL and Stormalong Bay, where I have actually done this activity, there is a carded gate and a sign that the pool is for registered guests. I know Poly has the same signs.

I guess it's possible SSR does this in the lobby, which is obviously open to anyone.
Pool hopping is NEVER allowed at Disney which includes all activities held within the fenced pool area! If tie-dye shirts are within the pool area then no, guests from another resort could not do them.

That being said, the 2 times we did it, it was outside the pool area (once in the lobby at All Star Movies and another time at tables behind Pop, next to the dining tables) so was totally accessible to anyone.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter