Two tap point rides?

Seven Dwarfs Mine Train and Pandora: Flight of Passage

There are probably others.

If you really think about it.... there are lots of them. Might be easier to list those that don't have a double tap.

how do you plan, if it is not known or changes, when you can get next lightning lane, or avoid losing your lightning lane because you haven't hit the right 'tap' yet?

how do you plan, if it is not known or changes, when you can get next lightning lane, or avoid losing your lightning lane because you haven't hit the right 'tap' yet?

Just plan on waiting for the second tap point... as I'd say 80% of attractions have them. The few that don't have them, are usually smaller attraction where you can see there is no 2nd tap point.

But you don't have to worry, if you ineligible, your ineligible to book the next. It won't just "change" the one your in line for to another attraction, that is a little more complicated process that clearly shows what you are doing.

Molly (Mammoth Club on Youtube) always recommends asking the cast member at the first tap point if there is a second in use that day.

If you're asking for booking your next LL, I find I try after the first one IF the line stops before the second tap. Often we tap into the first and then walk without stopping to the second tap. If I'm allowed to book a new LL then I do, if it won't allow me I just wait until after the second tap and book then.

I find they're using more second taps now. I believe it's since people are paying extra for G+ they don't want people jumping lines after the first tap. When we were there in Aug, even though it was a quieter time of the year, many 2nd taps were functional.

Most of the newer rides don't even have second taps installed. Think Tron, GotG, Remy, and both of the Star Wars rides. MMRR does but I haven't seen that one used in a long time.

Others that I have seen not using them on a fairly consistent basis:

RnRC
TSM
MMRR
Soarin (haven't been since over California returned though)
Nemo
Splash Mountain (RIP)
Jungle Cruise
Magic Carpets doesn't even have one installed
Dumbo
Speedway

I'm sure there are more.

Last edited:
I find they're using more second taps now. I believe it's since people are paying extra for G+ they don't want people jumping lines after the first tap. When we were there in Aug, even though it was a quieter time of the year, many 2nd taps were functional.

I said this to my husband on Friday when he was confused about the 2nd tap at Nemo, most likely to stop people from going from standby to LL. He understood the bigger lines but not ones like Nemo, lol and the funny thing is we’ve used Genie+ multiple trips since it came out and he just realized this 🤣. Makes sense they do this and not really a big deal.

Or if you’re trying to book another G+ ride as soon as possible.
As other posters have said, the system won’t let you book another one until you are eligible. You can’t accidentally book one. If you try to book a G+ ride before the second tap point, the system will not allow you to do so. If there is no second tap point in use, what I have always found is that you are able to book another ride right after the first tap.

I always just ask the casts member at the first tap point if they are using the second. Simple and quick.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter