Two-Way Radios

SuperDisneyDad

DIS Veteran
I've heard some discussion regarding the need for a family to take along some 2-way radios when going to WDW. Can someone give me your opion(s) on what the best ones to buy are. I read a lot about the Motorola Talkabout, but is that the best or is there another one that's better???

You need one w/sub channals and a quelch to insure you Only hear your family!! and not wierdo' s making rude comments!!

We use Motorola 250 FSR radios in the parks and they work great.

When choosing FRS radios be sure to get the privacy codes also known as coded squelch. With them finding a combination of channel and code that is fairly quiet is possible.

Using some radio etiquette helps everyone. When calling someone to start an exchange say who you are calling and who you are.

“You off the ride yet?” vs.
“Bob, Sally here, are you off Space Mountain yet?”
In the first Bob doesn’t know he is being called or who called. In the second Bob knows the call is for him and to reply to Sally. Anyone else on the same channel / code knows it isn’t their family.

Turning them off in shows and quite rides keeps you from getting a disturbing call on the channel / code you are using.

We purchased a pair of radios last night. We found them at BJ's Wholesale Club. They are Panasonic with 14 channels and 28 sub-channels. They had a few different brands all averaged between $25 & $30 each. We chose the Panasonic because they are weatherproof and they were only $20 each after a $30 rebate!

Good luck and have fun!

I bought 3 of them at Wal-Mart for $20 each. The best part is that they have 14 channels and 38 subchannels!! They were on clearance.

Now we just have to teach our 4 year old to use his before we go on our trip!! LOL!!

Disney Bound 2001
All Star Sports
October 20th-October 28th 2001

Check out our web site for great pictures from our last Disney trip!!

chris320.tripod.com

:D :jester: :D :D :D :D :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :jester: :jester:

We have the Motorola Talkabout 250's they have the privacy channels.
As long as you get a brand that has the privacy channels you should not have any problems.

Do any of the FRS products have a vibrate or page mode? DH and I are afraid we might not hear each other.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter