Type of Stroller at MGM?

MNT568

DIS Veteran
What are the strollers at MGM like? Are they the Jogging Strollers? I am trying to decide if I should rent one there for my DS, he will be 5yo (he is big for his age).

The strollers at MGM are different than the hard plastic ones at Epcot and MK. They are collapsible and thick canvas. Your DS would probably fit much better in one there, than in the strollers at other parks.

*sorry, don't know exactly what a "jogging stroller" is, so I can't say for sure*

They are a little different from the hard plastic ones, but they are the same size - I think your son will be fine - they are really meant for young children, not babies!! We rented one for my daughter last December, and she was 6 and fairly tall for her age (48 inches on the nose - she got to ride Rock and Roller Coaster- but skinny. She fit just fine. It's more of a choice whether you will need one based on your son's energy level - MGM is a little more compact park - We definitely needed a stroller at Epcot - not necessary at the other parks, but she wasn't feeling well, so we saved all her walking energy to get her through the day.

Definitely get a stroller!!!!! You child will love you for it! Also, keep in mind that the strollers at MGM come in two sizes for the single. Yes, there is a difference that you will only notice when your child is sitting in the stroller. We have had alot of problems with getting one that comfortably seat my DD. Some CM's recognize the difference and some do not - the strollers look the same but must have been factory produced differently.

Thanks for heads up on the different size single strollers at MGM. That will help. My DS is 49 inches and 57 pounds, a big boy. I was afraid the Jogging Strollers might be uncomfortable. I definitely plan on renting a stroller in the other parks, maybe even a double, depending how he fits in them this year.

Not a funny but food for thought... we had our 5 year old in a stroller at MGM and he almost tipped it backwards. Thankfully I had my hand on the bar, not pushing it but just in "defensive mommy mode" and he had all his weight in the seat part and leaned backwards and whoa fella!!!!! Needless to say his eyes got a little big and he sat correctly in the seat the rest of the day. Lesson learned on his part and mine. I maybe in the minority but I like the bulky plastic, low riders at Epcot and MK much better. Plus we always seem to get the stroller with the floppy top at MGM :) Never stays up and is constantly falling on the kids heads. They love that;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter