Types of proof needed for Guest Assistance Card

Morveryn

Mumketeer
I don't know if any of you have experience of the GAC (or whatever its called these days). I have just had a check on the DLP disabled guide and it staes you need either a disabled badge or medical certificate signed/stamped by your Dr.

My Blue Badge will be in our car at the airport what do I do? I really don't want to have to go and pay for a medical certificate for a condition I've had for ten years! Last time we went my father drove us to and from the airport so it wasn't a problem as I had my Blue Badge with me.

I'm on brightly coloured crutches now so my disability is pretty hard to miss.:cutie: Do they accept DLA letters?

My mum needed a letter from her GP outlining the problem that she has and the impact that that has - because it is the impact that the disability has that is the key to the type of pass you get. We were also told different things, one person said she needed a letter each time, another that the letter from the GP to say the time that the disability/problem will last for. As we have annual passes she did not want to get one everytime and they did agree to do for the length of her pass (they laminated it so that hopefully it will last), as it will exist for the rest of her life.

The advice about a GP letter is the best. Good if it is within a 3 month time-frame :)

We've used an old DLA benefits book for DS2 in the past, so I guess a letter should be fine. They only ever look for the word disabled or disability, once they've seen that they're happy. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter