Typhoon Lagoon 2018 "H20 Glow Nights" - 6/21-8/11

We were there last Thursday for opening night. It was our first time doing a water park and we really enjoyed it. We didn’t find more then a five min wait for any slide. Also the wait for the characters was short. We spent a lot of time in the wave pool and on the lazy river. I found it well worth the money.
We went to blizzard beach on Saturday and managed to do one slide and a little bit of the wave pool. I could see a huge difference in crowds between Thursday night and Saturday morning.

Hmmm...I'm considering adding this, but I'll wait for more reviews. I'd like to see how crowded it gets.

I'm concerned that a party during August is a bad bet. Seems like the party is more likely than not to be interrupted by lightning.

We were there last Thursday for opening night. It was our first time doing a water park and we really enjoyed it. We didn’t find more then a five min wait for any slide. Also the wait for the characters was short. We spent a lot of time in the wave pool and on the lazy river. I found it well worth the money.
We went to blizzard beach on Saturday and managed to do one slide and a little bit of the wave pool. I could see a huge difference in crowds between Thursday night and Saturday morning.

Thanks for the review! I am really considering this. We will be there in early August, just DH and myself, and we love TL. He said: plan whatever so he's no help. LOL.

How were the food and drink choices? I guess with only 3 hours, food isn't really a make or break for us.

You can enter at 7pm so that adds an hour to the time. Tim Tracker did a video review below. He didn't start riding slides until after 9:15 and was able to ride everything at least once. There was a lot of neat glow areas and entertainment around.

You can enter at 7pm so that adds an hour to the time. Tim Tracker did a video review below. He didn't start riding slides until after 9:15 and was able to ride everything at least once. There was a lot of neat glow areas and entertainment around.

Thank you for posting this video. This confirms for me that I will keep our tickets for July 12th.

I sooo hope they add an extra week for this! We don't arrive until the 18th of August and I would LOVE to do this!

So we did H20 Glow Nights this past Thursday, 7/5.

Arrived around 7:20pm, park closed at 8pm, event was 8pm-11pm.

Weather was a factor our night - it started raining a bit after 8pm and it was rather heavy. There were periods of rain the rest of the evening. Fortunately, despite ominous clouds around, there was never any lightning close enough to clear the pools.

The rain really cooled things down - almost too much! When the wind was blowing with the storms, it was down right chilly when wet. We spent more time in the wave pool and lazy river just to be in the water to be warm!

July 5th in Central Florida and being cold at a water park - go figure!

The rain meant we had to spend some time finding shelter for our things and such, but it wasn’t too bad. Minor inconvenience, but with a three hour event time is not necessarily on your side.

Despite the rain, we (family of four, kids 8 and 3) had a great time overall. We rode Miss Adventure Falls a TON, over and over. No wait at all. Crush n Gusher had a bit of wait for a raft but wasn’t all that bad. Since it was a little chilly out of the water we only rode it twice.

The “party” part of the event was just OK in my book. The music on the beach was nice and loud and created a fun vibe around the park. There wasn’t much dancing given the weather. I think if the weather had been nice and more people on the beach, my kids would have enjoyed that part.

Character meets were on/off given the weather, but we did get some great pics with Woodie and Jessie.

All in all, I’ll give the overall event a “fun, glad we tried it” rating. I wasn’t blown away - at the end of the day it’s a water park at night with a DJ and a few glow tubes in the lazy river. I don’t quite know what they could do, but I think I was maybe looking for a bit more themeing to the event.

The rain did damper things a bit - if it had been a hot night the water time would have been perfect.

There were more people in the park overall than I expected, but yet line rides were quite short. It ‘looked’ like there were more people in attendance our night compared to the early night reviews, but of course hard to tell. The holiday week may have made this particular night a bigger draw.

Happy to answer any questions!

Review of Typhoon Lagoon H2Glow night

This was our first trip to Walt Disneyworld. We are from Oregon and we went for 11 days (8 park days).

We arrived to Disney World on 6/26 did parks on 6/27, 6/28, 6/29 and took a rest day on Saturday 6/30 but went to the glow party that night.

Knowing we could get in at 7pm, We took an Uber there and arrived at 6:40pm. (We didn’t want to transfer from the dolphin transportation through Disney Springs). We waited in line and they started letting us in at 6:55pm. We were given wrist bands. We easily found a few chairs under a “hut” so if it rained we would have shelter for our things. We rented a locker for $10 or $15.

Our whole trip it rained everyday. This particular day the forecast showed thunder and lightening, however we got lucky with a few sprinkles.

It wasn’t crowded. We got on all the rides with minimal waits. However we were COLD. It was a chilly and breezy night, and we stayed in the wave pool to stay warm. My kids asked if there was a hot tub and the cast member laughed when she said “no, you might want to go to the kiddie pool” and laughed again.

In the lazy river they put in fun flow ties (swans, ducks, peacocks etc) and it was a fun added perk.

The characters were easy to find, no lines at all and interaction was great. The lighting for photos with Woody and Jessie was terrible with and without the flash. There were NOT photopass photographers there, but cast members were happy to take photos.

The food was ok at best. We had already eaten, but shared some chicken fingers and fries.

We brought our own glow sticks and necklaces and this is a great way to save money.

The dance party was a hit with our 6-year old daughter and 17 year old son. Our 14 year old daughter and my husband sat on the sidelines. The cast members and DJ did a good job at trying to include everyone. There were probably 75-100 people “dancing” at a time.

Overall I’m glad we did it. I wish it was warmer and we had brought our own towel or beach blanket as our youngest (6) had purple lips most the night in the water. We left around 10:30 and took an Uber home.

My 17 year old son enjoyed it, my 6 year old daughter said “this is the life” and my 14 year old daughter thought it was “ok”. It was a neat experience but probably one we wouldn’t do again just because of the cost, and there are other experiences in WDW that we would want to try.

I hope this helps. Please let me know if you have questions.

Ugh, am I the only one who thinks $55 for a 3 hr (ok, 4 if you go early) party at a water park is a bit outrageous?? I mean, I love Mickey's Halloween and Christmas parties. But this seems a bit over the top. Especially when by reports, there's not much "extra" to it.

We're headed down in August, and I looked at doing this ... we'll decide when we get there. But IMO it looks a bit disappointing for the price. o_O

Ugh, am I the only one who thinks $55 for a 3 hr (ok, 4 if you go early) party at a water park is a bit outrageous?? I mean, I love Mickey's Halloween and Christmas parties. But this seems a bit over the top. Especially when by reports, there's not much "extra" to it.

We're headed down in August, and I looked at doing this ... we'll decide when we get there. But IMO it looks a bit disappointing for the price. o_O

You’re right it was on the expensive side,especially for a family of 5 but we had a good time. That’s why I said I probably wouldn’t do it again. The weather was a factor for many though too which could be frustrating.

We will be attending in a couple of weeks and have never been to any of the water parks.

After this event, how does the transportation work? Do you have to catch a bus to DS and then get on a resort bus to return to your resort?

We will be attending in a couple of weeks and have never been to any of the water parks.

After this event, how does the transportation work? Do you have to catch a bus to DS and then get on a resort bus to return to your resort?

For most Disney resorts, you take a bus to DS and transfer. We opted to drive (first time we touched our rental car all week), second choice would have been Minnie Van (we need a car seat). Unless you just have to take a bus, I’d suggest looking at other options if possible.

At the end of the night we were cold, tired, and ready to get home (it rained on our night and the temp was rather cool) - the whole bus transfer thing isn’t really my favorite.

the whole bus transfer thing isn’t really my favorite.

I agree and my family has become big fans of Ubering around WDW. And nothing beats a direct drive back to your resort AFTER a water park. Everyone is tired.

However, we did use the bus to get to TL one morning and that was seamless. The TL bus was parked and waiting right next to our DS bus when we arrived. We literally walked off one bus on to the other.

We have dinner reservations in DS the evening of our TL party. The bus stop is convenient rather than walking over to the Westside to catch an Uber. I’d love to hear others experience with the bus in the evenings.

At the end of the night we were cold, tired, and ready to get home (it rained on our night and the temp was rather cool) - the whole bus transfer thing isn’t really my favorite.

Thank you for the info!

Agreed. We use ride sharing more and more every time we go. We are a little selective as to when we do it, but yep, its becoming our norm.

I'm thinking a Minnie Van for that evening. Were staying at AKL for that part of our trip so it would be the best use of the van.

We went this past Thursday and it was awesome. We got there just before 7 and stayed until 11. All rides were walk-one and the lines for Buzz, Woods and Jessie were nonexistent. DS7 would not get out of the wave pool except to eat and for a few pics but I did walk around quite a bit. For us, it was definitely worth it and tons of fun without the heat and crowds.

For those of you who went, how were the mosquitoes? I don’t normally have issues with them at Disney even at night, but I feel like when you are dry and have clothes on, it’s different than sitting by the pool at night. I’m picturing being wet in a bathing suit, and the mosquitoes feasting on an all you can eat buffet. That’s really the one thing that has me on the fence about doing this. That and being cold.

For those of you who went, how were the mosquitoes? I don’t normally have issues with them at Disney even at night, but I feel like when you are dry and have clothes on, it’s different than sitting by the pool at night. I’m picturing being wet in a bathing suit, and the mosquitoes feasting on an all you can eat buffet. That’s really the one thing that has me on the fence about doing this. That and being cold.
We were there on the 14th. It was our first time at a Disney water park. Personally I wouldn’t do it again. I found it to dark getting from ride to ride and was worried I would slip and fall all the time. We did get cold and got eaten by mosquitoes. I didn’t think to use bug spray.

No issues with bugs on our night (7/5).

We were cold because it had rained and the temps cooled down more than I otherwise would have expected for Florida in July, but it was a somewhat minor inconvenience. We still had a good time.

Does anyone know if they have the photopass photographers at this event taking pictures at the rides/ lazy river or for the character meet and greets?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter