Typhoon Lagoon and Wheelchair?

rastika

Mouseketeer
Hi gang,

I have a question about Typhoon Lagoon and it's accessibility. My sister (13) uses a wheelchair full time. I know that a water wheelchair is available for playing in the wave pool, but I was wondering if she would be able to ride anything other than the lazy river?

Also, is she way too old for the kiddy section? I figured with the padded ground and smaller sized slides she might feel more comfortable, but I would hate for her to get bad looks or comments for being a "big kid" in the smaller play area.

I have also heard that Blizzard Beach may be a good option since they have a chair lift that could help her to the top to ride family slides? She is unable to stand at all, do you have to stand to use the lift?

Thanks for your advice!

~Jess

The kiddy sections have an upper height limit that is strictly enforced. I have seen people argue this all the way up to the Park Operations Manager and lose the arguement.

At TL the top of Crush 'N Gusher is elevator accessible.

At BB one of the gondolas will carry a wheelchair, and one of the slides is at the level where the ski lift lets off, but others require stairs from that point.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter