Typhoon Lagoon Late Arrival

heathsf

DIS Veteran
What is the crowd pattern like at Typhoon Lagoon? Does it stay crowded all day or does it tend to empty out later in the afternoon?

I just came on to ask the same question! My main worry is the possibility of it closing in the afternoon due to it being the rainy season (arrive in 13 days). We definitely don't want to miss out, but we love to RD the parks, so usually go to the water parks much later in the day (planning two late afternoon visits during 10 night stay).

I have pondered with the idea of our second AK day being an afternoon park day (arrive around 4pm) and head to TL at 10am for a few hours in the dry weather and hopefully a quiet park, but it's a saturday so does that affect crowd levels. I've never visited in August and with only one water park being open, does that affect the crowds? Hopefully someone will report back to us both. :D

Depending g in when your trip is you’ll want to be aware of weather. If there is lightning within 5 miles the water park will close all pools and attractions, often for an extended period of time.

The good thing is if that happens the majority of people leave the park and once everything opens up everything is a walk-on.

What is the crowd pattern like at Typhoon Lagoon? Does it stay crowded all day or does it tend to empty out later in the afternoon?
If you show up after an afternoon thunderstorm (a common experience in the summer), Typhoon Lagoon can be downright empty.

It's also can be empty during the week in the winter months, even on sunny and warm days.

I went yesterday. It started to empty out around 3, though was still pretty busy by the time we left at ~5. Clear weather all day. It was very crowded in the morning (took 30 minutes just to park). Crowds could have been impacted by the party scheduled for that night.

Last edited:
I just came on to ask the same question! My main worry is the possibility of it closing in the afternoon due to it being the rainy season (arrive in 13 days). We definitely don't want to miss out, but we love to RD the parks, so usually go to the water parks much later in the day (planning two late afternoon visits during 10 night stay).

I have pondered with the idea of our second AK day being an afternoon park day (arrive around 4pm) and head to TL at 10am for a few hours in the dry weather and hopefully a quiet park, but it's a saturday so does that affect crowd levels. I've never visited in August and with only one water park being open, does that affect the crowds? Hopefully someone will report back to us both. :D
I’d avoid it on a Saturday if possible. Saturdays in August have the after hours party, so I imagine many not attending the party will try to hit the parks early to avoid later crowds.

We were there last week, from about 11-6:30 & it was sooo crowded! The lazy river felt like wall to wall people. Every slide had a long wait. It was less crowded after about 3, but still crowded. We had the park hoppers that allow for water park access & had planned on going another day but decided to go to our resort pool instead.

No wonder they are packed when they only have one park open in the summer months. My previous 8 visits have been in December, when I understand there is only one water park needed, but it's crazy to follow this path in summer as well now. It's so disappointing. I've swapped our plans now and it'll be Thursday morning (18th) and Monday late afternoon (22nd) until close, and hope for the best.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter