Typhoon Lagoon Moonlight Madness 5/23/23 times?

jenhelgren

DIS Veteran
Does anyone have an educated guess what the times will be for the upcoming Typhoon Lagoon Moonlight Madness in a few weeks? I know Disney does not usually release much for information until a few days before the event but we have a prior obligation early that evening and have tickets so I want to be sure we can use the tickets or will give them up.

I have seen that Moonlight usually starts 30 minutes after park close and Typhoon closes at 5 pm that Tuesday. I wasnt sure if Disney would do a really early party or keep it near the 8 or 9 start times of the others.

Thank for any knowledge or gueses sent my way-we really want to go but also want to be realistic if it isnt possible....

I know Disney does not usually release much for information until a few days before the event but we have a prior obligation early that evening and have tickets so I want to be sure we can use the tickets or will give them up.
Just an FYI, but if you do cancel your event registration at this point, those spots will not be made available for someone else to register for.

For the other moonlight magic they let you in 2-2.5 hrs before park close and the official event starts 1/2 hr after park close. It goes for 3 hrs. So let's assume 3pm entry. 5 pm park close. Official event 5:30-8:30?

I would think they'd keep that type of schedule due to staffing/food prep, etc But who knows.

I think I got the official info 2-3 days before our Hollywood studios one.

For the other moonlight magic they let you in 2-2.5 hrs before park close and the official event starts 1/2 hr after park close. It goes for 3 hrs. So let's assume 3pm entry. 5 pm park close. Official event 5:30-8:30?

I would think they'd keep that type of schedule due to staffing/food prep, etc But who knows.

I think I got the official info 2-3 days before our Hollywood studios one.
Thanks, that's what I'm thinking. It would be more work for Disney to close for a few hours in between park hours and the event, but with the park closing at 5, that's an early party! This is is our first year attending so I was hoping someone who has Disney figured out better than I do would have a very good guess, lol

FWIW- I called and was told check in will be at 6:00 and the event will be 8:00-11:00. Obviously, that’s not official until we actually get an email but thought I would pass it along.

FWIW- I called and was told check in will be at 6:00 and the event will be 8:00-11:00. Obviously, that’s not official until we actually get an email but thought I would pass it along.
That's super helpful to atleast have something to try and plan around until Disney makes it official. I can't beleive they wait until a few days before to conform times. Characters, etc I get it, but we just need to know what time it starts! If anyone gets the email before I do, could you please post screenshots?

I still haven't received anything from Disney! It looks like there will be storms most of the night, have they ever cancelled a DVC party? I have never been to TL but guessing there isn't much space indoors and they won't be able to have characters out in the rain.

I still haven't received anything from Disney! It looks like there will be storms most of the night, have they ever cancelled a DVC party? I have never been to TL but guessing there isn't much space indoors and they won't be able to have characters out in the rain.
They canceled the Hollywood Studios one last year due to Hurricane Ian. Other than really severe weather I doubt they will cancel.

The letter seems to indicate there might actually be direct bus service from the DVC resorts to Typhoon Lagoon but doesn't specifically state that. Since I'm at SSR I'd rather not have to go to Disney Springs first to transfer.

The letter seems to indicate there might actually be direct bus service from the DVC resorts to Typhoon Lagoon but doesn't specifically state that. Since I'm at SSR I'd rather not have to go to Disney Springs first to transfer.
We are wondering the same thing. We will have a car and can drive if buses are not direct, but want to have a better idea of the events so we can make a plan now that we are almost at 24 hours!!

Last September's TL MM was officially 8pm-11pm, with early entry allowed at 6pm. I don't recall when the normal park hours ended.

Yay! Thanks for planning and guessing with me everyone :) I am still in shock that Disney waits until the day before to officially release times.

My daughter would like to know what "select beverages" means at Typhoon Lagoon. Will it just be bottles Coke etc or she is hoping for an icee or slushy type snack. She just started Invisalign and has a regemented eating schedule now so she is looking forward to snacking for a few hours!!

Yay! Thanks for planning and guessing with me everyone :) I am still in shock that Disney waits until the day before to officially release times.

My daughter would like to know what "select beverages" means at Typhoon Lagoon. Will it just be bottles Coke etc or she is hoping for an icee or slushy type snack. She just started Invisalign and has a regemented eating schedule now so she is looking forward to snacking for a few hours!!

Last year it was just the self serve Coke machine(no bottles), the popcorn, mickey bars and fruit.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter