Typhoon Lagoon or Blizzard Beach, which do you prefer and why?

which water park, TL or BB?

• Typhoon Lagoon

Votes: 28 65.1%
  • Blizzard Beach

Votes: 15 34.9%

• Total voters

captaindavidhook

<font color=green>Stay away from there<br><font co
I finally went to a water park last year and loved it. I visited TL and enjoyed so much, I spend another day again in my trip there. Seeing that I will be staying at All Stars Sports, I know they have a direct bus to BB and I was considering that. However, I just like to see what others think.

My wife and I just did both last trip. I think we both preferred the feel/atmosphere and slides of TL over BB (she's not the big slide type, so Summit Plummet offered nothing for her). I loved the big waves in the TL wave pool, but I think we both agree that the BB wave pool was more engaging. Either way, both were great fun - no loss either way. If you haven't done BB, give it a try.

We got a cabana at TL last year right by the wave pool and it was an amazing day. We enjoy BB, but love TL! Have fun!

We don't love slides, but blizzard beach does have a great family raft ride. Our favorite though is typhoon lagoon because we love the wave pool and lazy river :)

The wave pool at TL is my single favorite water park attraction anywhere, but it terrified my kids.

I love the chair lift at BB. I have a bad knee that really hurts after a couple trips up the stairs. I was able to do a lot more slides at BB than any other water park in years because we bypassed most of the stairs.

Both nice water parks, but not as good as many others found throughout the country.

DH and I much prefer Blizzard Beach. We liked not having to cart tubes up to some of he slides like you do at Typhoon Lagoon. We prefer the wave pool at B.B., too. It’s not as rough and they have tubes you can float around in. Typhoon lagoon also seemed way more crowded than B.B. when we were there (it was September).

If we have a choice, we would pick Blizzard Beach over Typhoon. We haven’t been since the new slide opened at TL, though.

TL for the wave pool, Lazy river and the tropical theme.

The BB lazy river is too shallow for riding in a tube, and the wave pool was kinda boring, and I didn’t like so many pine needles (from the artic themeing) in the water.

If my boys were all about the slides, then BB might be the winner.

But, In the OP’s scenario, I would definitely try BB. The ease of transportation, plus I think everyone should try experiencing everything if there is the opportunity.

Last edited:

We love TL for the wave pool and tube rides. We love BB for summit plummet and the kids area. If I had to choose I'd go with TL because of the Beach Boys music.

It’s been years since we went to both, but my family preferred BB.

The not having to cart tubes up the slides was a big decider. I preferred it’s lazy river and DH and DS preferred it’s slides.

I went expecting BB to feel very ‘concrete’, but was pleasantly surprised by how it felt just as lush as TL.

I like Typhoon for the big wave pool.. Amuses me hearing the screams every time the wave starts... My son loves Blizzard for the kids area.

Casted Typhoon Lagoon, because we love renting cabanas and those are TL are shelter, in case of thunderstorms. (This is not the case at BB.)

Did TL from day it opened.
Then started going to BB.
Finally talked family into going back to TL.
They told me never again.
Other than wave pool, which is a small part of day, slides lame.
So we are BB people.

TL is more lush and chill, so if you are more about an umbrella drink under a palm tree, good pick.

But, the kiddie area at TL is an afterthought squeezed in along a path. Each time we've been, pure chaos. BB is much more geared for the younger set.

DH and I much prefer Blizzard Beach. We liked not having to cart tubes up to some of he slides like you do at Typhoon Lagoon. We prefer the wave pool at B.B., too. It’s not as rough and they have tubes you can float around in. Typhoon lagoon also seemed way more crowded than B.B. when we were there (it was September).

If we have a choice, we would pick Blizzard Beach over Typhoon. We haven’t been since the new slide opened at TL, though.[/QUOTE

did you go on a weekend or weekday...we are going this sept and want to avoid crowds if we can...thanks

I prefer Typhoon but for the last 4 years it has been closed for refurb the week we go (first of March). I wish they would alternate the water park refurb schedule like they used to in the past.

I adore the unique theming at Blizzard Beach (it really makes me happy for some reason). The ski lift is a one of kind for a water park. I also think the little kids' areas are better at Blizzard Beach.

Typhoon Lagoon is very nice, too, but it feels more like a traditional water park to me.

Anyone recently rent a cabana at TL? Did you like it? Were you in a good location? Thinking of renting one for our June graduation (twins, high school) trip.

We have been to both, but we always plan on TL. The surf pool is my all time favorite. I get giggly every time the sound for the big waves to start.

I am not really into slides and can spend all day at TL at the surf pool and the lazy river.

We always get a cabana and if we go twice we get an umbrella for the second time around. I am pretty sensitive to the heat, so I need dedicated shade. We love the cabana's and will rent one even if it's just the two of us. Our favorite location is by the surf pool, we ask for that location every year. It's a great spot for a home base, especially if you have teens. You can bring your own cooler, but they have awesome cooler with water and soda's. For us it's totally worth it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter