Typhoon Lagoon Return...

I was thinking that Typhoon is a bit more difficult for social distancing because of the wave pool. Maybe the Orange County announcement today will prompt opening of TL too.

I was thinking that Typhoon is a bit more difficult for social distancing because of the wave pool. Maybe the Orange County announcement today will prompt opening of TL too.

They aren’t social distancing in the wave pool at blizzard and they dropped the requirement of being in a tube for the lazy river.
At this point it’s strictly staffing shortage, which should hopefully improve in the coming weeks.

They aren’t social distancing in the wave pool at blizzard and they dropped the requirement of being in a tube for the lazy river.
At this point it’s strictly staffing shortage, which should hopefully improve in the coming weeks.
Yep. Staffing is the big issue here. Hopefully it comes together sooner than later

That is what scares me. Unless people are already being hired, I feel like we are looking at a month at least. And if they do not open this summer, I could see them waiting until 2022.

If they don't open by July 1 I don't see them opening till March 2022 , or whenever Blizzard goes down for the annual refurb.

But College program is starting soon, plus the unemployment bonus is over so these next couple weeks could bring in alot plust they already have a bunch in training.

I'm eagerly waiting for Typhoon Lagoon to open up. We do annual passes for the water parks: on a year, off a year, and we're due! I know that even with both water parks open it's doubtful that they'll sell annual passes, but I'm willing to pay for a day ticket if both are open.

I'm eagerly waiting for Typhoon Lagoon to open up. We do annual passes for the water parks: on a year, off a year, and we're due! I know that even with both water parks open it's doubtful that they'll sell annual passes, but I'm willing to pay for a day ticket if both are open.
Right now we always do Aquatica since we have the SeaWorld Platinum Passes. If they bring back the AP's for BB and TL (when it opens), I may have to consider upgrading our AP's to Platinum Plus because Disney is closer to the hosue.

Any updates on this? Really hoping TL is open come end of July. If not by then, I would expect this to not open until next year right?

Until BB reaches capacity limits they don’t have a reason to open TL. When I called Disney about another issue I asked if I needed waterpark reservations and the lady said they weren’t popular enough to need them. Of course July might be a different story

Until BB reaches capacity limits they don’t have a reason to open TL. When I called Disney about another issue I asked if I needed waterpark reservations and the lady said they weren’t popular enough to need them. Of course July might be a different story

While a reservation is not needed, I was told BB had reached capacity at least a couple of times so far. This was over a week ago, not sure if it is consistent or not.

I see the point and that makes sense logistically but I’m not quite sure Disney operations views Typhoon as an overflow/spillover park for BB. Maybe I’m wrong here, correct me if I am. But both are entirely different parks, albeit under the same category (waterparks). To me, that’d be like saying there’s no point in opening Animal Kingdom since Hollywood Studios hasn’t reached capacity yet. It makes sense logistcally, but doesn’t work that way in reality.

I was under the impression that BB was easier to open because of size of the park making physical distancing space easier to accomodate. And I was hoping since physical distancing seems to be reducing pretty drastically, along with other covid measures, that maybe we had an insight into any updates with the hiring procedures to better determine a potential opening date. Fingers still crossed for July here!

While a reservation is not needed, I was told BB had reached capacity at least a couple of times so far. This was over a week ago, not sure if it is consistent or not.

Is there anyway to know if/when BB reaches capacity? I’d hate to go through all the trouble to get there (we are onsite without a rental) and then find out we can’t enter because it’s at capacity.

Is there anyway to know if/when BB reaches capacity? I’d hate to go through all the trouble to get there (we are onsite without a rental) and then find out we can’t enter because it’s at capacity.

I don't know. The CM I was talking to recommended getting there at opening.

Until BB reaches capacity limits they don’t have a reason to open TL.
That's a problem. As a local, why would I pay for a day ticket while only BB is open when I get to go to both water parks for the same price when both are open?

While I prefer buying an AP, I'm willing to pay for a day ticket or two over the summer if both parks are open.

I'm sure they wouldn't do it as it would require additional costs to have both kept fully prepped and ready at all times, but if it's just a staffing issue would be cool if they just alternated the parks. Like having Blizzard Beach open Sunday through Wednesday and Typhoon Lagoon open Thursday through Saturday, or something like that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter