U 2 hot to walk, run, get surprised?

Just got off the phone with Dee She & DH was at the car wash and her hand was slammed in the trunk :sad: please keep her in your thoughts and prayers,
she'll be back when she can

We Love You Dee :flower3:

OH NO :( So sorry to hear this, I hope you aren't in too much pain!

Oh Dee! I am so sorry to hear about your fingers!!!

I just found your TR and I'm so sorry I missed the first 7 pages! Life has been CRAZY!!!

WOW, your trip was certainly full of surprises!!! I love the video of DD#1 surprising DD#2 at the restaurant and the video of the proposal was great!! Your family is the sweetest!

Quick question - While at AK, did ya'll have a standard studio? IF you don't mind me asking what was your room number? You had a fabulous view and we have a studio standard room booked for our November trip. I want that view! ;)

Just got off the phone with Dee She & DH was at the car wash and her hand was slammed in the trunk :sad: please keep her in your thoughts and prayers,
she'll be back when she can

We Love You Dee :flower3:

Thanks Ruthie for updating everyone for me.

And thanks to everyone for the good thoughts and prayers.

Oh Dee! I am so sorry to hear about your fingers!!!

I just found your TR and I'm so sorry I missed the first 7 pages! Life has been CRAZY!!!

WOW, your trip was certainly full of surprises!!! I love the video of DD#1 surprising DD#2 at the restaurant and the video of the proposal was great!! Your family is the sweetest!

Quick question - While at AK, did ya'll have a standard studio? IF you don't mind me asking what was your room number? You had a fabulous view and we have a studio standard room booked for our November trip. I want that view! ;)

Thanks Bridget! Our trip was amazing. Yeah, I love our family.
Yes, we had a standard studio in Jambo. I will try to find our room number. I thought i had taken a picture of it but can't find it.

Update on the finger....
Healing well. I'm updating from my phone today. I will update from my computer soon.

Just to review. If you followed along on my PTR you know there were surprises I couldn't discuss for fear that my eldest DD would figure out what was going on. Mainly that E. was going to ask her to marry him. So, I thought I would refresh some of the surprises I was keeping from them & you all.

Some of these I covered on my PTR because they only were surprises to our youngest DD.

1) the trip for DD bday
2) the limo
3) the birthday girls new luggage
4) her birthday sash, & tiara
5)staying at AKV
6) BoG restaurant and the cake. Which I dont know if I showed you all, so I will check on that and if I didn't I will.
7)The triplets & Ian joining for her BDay
8) The "marry me?" stuffed animal.
9)The proposal
10) E's family joining us...which leads to many sub-surprises. I need to take a break here as I am feeling ill suddenly, I will just add to this post later.

Okay, as Ruthie said, we were cleaning our car, DH was drying the inside of the trunk door jam. I was holding onto it. He didn't know that & slammed the trunk down. I am very fortunate, the trunk did not latch. And, I have very strong bones. Doctor didn't bother to send me for xrays (which was partly my decision) because she said the treatment would be the same. Unless... So, she suggested I wait 7-10 days see if it is feeling better, if not, more serious and will need xrays. By the time I went to her I they were already feeling better. They feel much much better than they did. But, I imagine my typing won't be as much as usual.

On with the review of surprises.

SUB-Surprises:
E is one of 4 kids. He has 1 sister whom K is very close to. She recently got a job in a recendency program that has given her a crazy schedule. So, whether or not she was joining us was up in the air.
His parents joined us, both brothers, and one set of grandparents. Which was very touching. However, trying to plan this & keep it a secret from 2 of my children along with all the other surprises was EXTREMELY difficult for everyone.
E's sister finally figured she was going to be able to join us, but only for the day of the engagement and the following, then she would be flying home.

Keep this in mind later in the TR it will be relevant. ;)

I am going to stop here. I need to rest, but also, want to cover where I am as far as revealing surprises and trip info.

Thank you.

So, last I left our family was about to enter the next leg of our hotel stays.

:wave: Hi, I read through your TR and am current on it...love it!! Love all the surprises. You are so fortunate that your daughter is marrying into a nice family!! The picture above that I quoted from you, where is this at? It is so beautiful! Looking forward to the rest of your TR.

PurpleDisneyPrincess, This is in the new Fantasyland. It is Prince Eric's castle. I think that is where the Little Mermaid ride is, in the "basement" ... I guess... lol

Just to review. If you followed along on my PTR you know there were surprises I couldn't discuss for fear that my eldest DD would figure out what was going on. Mainly that E. was going to ask her to marry him. So, I thought I would refresh some of the surprises I was keeping from them & you all.

Some of these I covered on my PTR because they only were surprises to our youngest DD.

1) the trip for DD bday
2) the limo
3) the birthday girls new luggage
4) her birthday sash, & tiara
5)staying at AKV
6) BoG restaurant and the cake. Which I dont know if I showed you all, so I will check on that and if I didn't I will.
7)The triplets & Ian joining for her BDay
8) The "marry me?" stuffed animal.
9)The proposal
10) E's family joining us...which leads to many sub-surprises. I need to take a break here as I am feeling ill suddenly, I will just add to this post later.

11) and there was LTT
12) the BWV was a surprise to the birthday girl.
13) hats
14) pins
15) goodie bags
16) towels
17) luggage tags
18)tshirts

Now, some of these were surprises to the family, but not big enough that I would usually post them as a surprise. i am basically using this to remind myself what I hadn't told you all about on the PTR. lol

So, moving along to the evening of our first night at the BWV. So, DD#2, DH, myself & DS#2 were heading over to the 1900 Park Fare. Now, DS#2 is the biggest Disney fan of my children. His dream is to eventually work in the PR department of Disney. So, as happy as he was for his "baby" sister, and his triplet sister, I have the feeling he was feeling a little neglected. He brought along his graduation hat mickey mouse ears & was sure to get a "celebrating" pin, that he eventually threw out & got a new one that read "celebrating" and had them write, "college graduation" rather than graduation. His DS's were grabbing all the attention. And again, he was thrilled for them both, but was longing for at least a congratulations here or there. One time the cm actually looked to one side of him & said happy birthday to one sister, then turned to the other side of him and congratulated the newly engaged couple. Meanwhile he sat there with his celebrating pin on & no recognition for him. Once DH & I pointed it out to a cm that had neglected to notice his, but acknowledged his sisters. But, that ended with us getting scolded for embarrassing him. :confused3 Now, you have to understand this is the kid who has ALWAYS been the one pick out by cm's for everything. parades, Lion King Festival, waiters, etc. And has never admitted to liking the attention. hmm....
So, this 1900 dinner I was hoping would be special for him. I had heard that the step sisters would often pick a male from the party to ...flirt with. So, fingers crossed we headed over to the Gran Floridian.

Very relieved that your fingers are feeling better. I cannot imagine the pain your must have been in. I hope you continue to heal nicely.

Ooooh - this should be good, with the wicked step sisters... I sure hope DS get's his overdue recognition.

D~

:rotfl2: ok I will cut you some slack due to boo-boo fingers ;) Besides " those who live in glass houses..." I am sorely remiss in my reports :blush:

VERY glad you are back amongst us and looking forward to catching up with you soon Love you all

Very relieved that your fingers are feeling better. I cannot imagine the pain your must have been in. I hope you continue to heal nicely.

Ooooh - this should be good, with the wicked step sisters... I sure hope DS get's his overdue recognition.

D~

Thank you. When it first happened it was incredible pain. Honestly, I can't believe they are healing this well/quickly. I can honestly compare it to my ruptured disk which I often compare to child birth. I HURT!

:rotfl2: ok I will cut you some slack due to boo-boo fingers ;) Besides " those who live in glass houses..." I am sorely remiss in my reports :blush:

VERY glad you are back amongst us and looking forward to catching up with you soon Love you all

:) Thanks for cutting me some slack. I plan on posting pictures. But, with the amount of pictures we have it is very slow uploading to Photobucket, then very difficult for me to find once they are uploaded. :guilty:

Glad to see your back! was worrying about you.
Hope DS gets some much needed attention

Thanks. I'm happy to say, fingers are healing well. As far as DS.... we will have to wait to see...

So, since I realize not everyone followed over from my PTR, so I will follow through with pictures of some of the surprises I haven't posted on this thread yet. Some also were not posted on the TR because they were for E's family.

So, here comes the photo's.

Below is K's "goodie bag"

I am not going to bore you with pictures of all of the goodie bags. They each got 1 Del Sol color changing shirts, Miss M. got 2. E's family I didn't include any shirts. (money only goes so far). Each of the young adult children also got an Avengers tshirt, as they all are in love with that movie. K, Miss M. and I also got Disney themed muscle shirts. K got the Lion King & Little Mermaid, Miss M. got Little Mermaid and I got Peter Pan. I got more comments on the PP shirt! I almost didn't wear it (and actually had a lot of nerve to do so) because of my size. But, in the end, I was hot, it was light weight, I wore it.

I do want to show you the boys goodie bag ingredients. Mainly because I want you to see the Del sol shirts they each got.

I love these Mickey Mouse shirts and ended up ordering one for myself.

I will say this about Del Sol, the sizes run small, and unlike some other shirts, they don't have the loose fit to the womans sizes. Even Miss M's was a little too "fitted".

I will need to continue with this later.

Okay...I've read everything and will only make a few comments and then I will stay caught up.

What a beautiful princess and what a fun and special birthday surprise for her.

The woman at the airport was totally out of her mind. You were right in not letting her cut.

Love your view at Saana for lunch.

I'm sorry that it was such a hassle with the Be Our Guest seating arrangements and that your service was not good (I've eaten there three times now and had great food all three times; service was lacking last month).

Love all the photos and the attractions you've done.

Love the shirts ! :thumbsup2 Was the Ariel one from the hot topics website ?

Yup, it sure was. For the longest time I wouldn't allow the little ones in there, so since I always have a little one with me, I seldom go in the stores. But, somehow I had found out they had the Disney line, so I ventured in & on line. I bought some in the store, at which time I received a great coupon that could be used on line, so I did an order on line too.

Okay...I've read everything and will only make a few comments and then I will stay caught up.

What a beautiful princess and what a fun and special birthday surprise for her.

Thank you. It was fun. And we think she is a princess.....well atleast we usually do. ;)

The woman at the airport was totally out of her mind. You were right in not letting her cut.

Thanks. I still can't believe it. That was odd.

Love your view at Saana for lunch.

Great view. I enjoyed watching the animals.

I'm sorry that it was such a hassle with the Be Our Guest seating arrangements and that your service was not good (I've eaten there three times now and had great food all three times; service was lacking last month)

I was disappointed. We were the last ones in the restaurant. And I really think they wanted to go home. I understand that. Perhaps it was my fault for taking such a late ADR, but I figured they would estimate enough time for a family of 6 (which turned to 7) to enjoy the experience. My DS#1 told me the other day it was the best meal he has ever had. But, agreed he felt rushed. He said he would like to do it again. But, I don't think I am going to chance it again. Not for that kind of money..

Love all the photos and the attractions you've done.
Thanks again. We did have alot of fun. Alot we missed too, but traveling in such a large group takes time. Plus it was August, so we moved slowly. :lmao:

So glad you are enjoying the TR. I have been enjoying yours as well. Love the hats. :goodvibes

So, I would like to continue with the pictures of the surprises I haven't posted yet. I'd like to get them out of the way. And since some of them have stories within themselves that really don't fit in anywhere else in the TR, I thought this might work well. So, without further ado...

Below is a boxed for shipping bunch of goodie bags. This particular box was to be sent to CSR for the boys, and since Miss M. Didn't know K would be sharing a room with us (or that she was even coming), K's had to be sent with the boys. So, in this box there are 4 goodie bags.

This one is for E's family. I sent one to his parents & brothers room and 1 to his Grandparents/sisters room. They included Disney jelly beans, pez dispensers, chilly Frogg Togg, some first aid things, bookmarks, do not disturb hangers, a towel I put their name on which I will show below also. Thanks to Lady boadicea from these boards. She made the design for me. I only painted it on the towels. Her design actually had a beautiful frame on it, but it was unable to fit on the towels. I had the intention of designing bags with the entire design, but ended up not having the time.

The one below I made for E.

Lastly on this surprise.. I found this incredible packing tape, so I used it to the max!!!

Now the unfortunate event with these is... they were not delivered punctually.
We got ours at AKV when we asked for it. It took a few minutes, that was it. She handed it to us & we brought it to our room. I called the adult kids & told them to ask for theirs. They did & were told it wasn't there. I know it was because I got the UPS confirmation it was delivered. Same thing with E's family. CSR (the adult kids) ended up receiving theirs within 24 hours of asking for it. E's family ASMovies was told again that there was nothing for them. I called, long story short, I was told they recieved one the night before they left & the other the day they were leaving. :confused3 They appreciated my efforts. But I was not happy. Now, I have to take a break. More later.

Hmmmm ? I don't believe in conspiracy theories BUT the first thing that came to mind re- the mailed goodie bag boxes to the resorts...

Deluxe Resort= box received within minutes :thumbsup2

Moderate Resort = box received within 24 hours :goodvibes

Value Resort = box received maybe, probably delivered by Pony Express :rolleyes1

See a pattern here ??

Regardless Beautiful what you did for everyone

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter