uber car seat availability

Disney Kidd

Mouseketeer
We are staying off site in November and I'm wondering about the availability of uber car seat. I'm aware of the 10 dollar surcharge.

Order a portable one from Amazon. They fold up compact enough to fit in your purse and are easy to quickly install!

We are staying off site in November and I'm wondering about the availability of uber car seat. I'm aware of the 10 dollar surcharge.
It is theoretically available. There has not been any additional drivers added to they system for a couple years so it can be sparse at time. No idea how long you'd be waiting or what the average charge would be. Some here were being quoted 45 minutes for a pickup at a high price.
I belive those are just for booster seats nor car seats or am I mistaken?
As far as I know that is correct. However in 2019 my then 3 year old fit the legal requirements in FL for a booster rather than a car seat, so we did that the one time we used uber.

You can do this right now, right on the app. I would fire it up and take a look around the time of day when you think you’ll need it. It will not be completely accurate representation, but probably better than secondhand stories here.

You can do this right now, right on the app. I would fire it up and take a look around the time of day when you think you’ll need it. It will not be completely accurate representation, but probably better than secondhand stories here.
They need to go as far as to select the car with car seat, just before confirming the request. When I tested it (a few weeks ago), the app listed car seats among the options and showed a price, but when I selected that option it said no cars were available.

They need to go as far as to select the car with car seat, just before confirming the request. When I tested it (a few weeks ago), the app listed car seats among the options and showed a price, but when I selected that option it said no cars were available.

Good to know! That's why checking for yourself will always be, in my opinion, better than hearing from people from months and years ago.

IF an Uber does have a child seat, it will be a full-blown seat that can be installed either forward or backward facing. It will NOT just be a booster.

I also agree with Joel and FCDub -- availability will be extremely variable.

When you open the app and set the pickup point to somewhere in the Orlando market, the app will show you all pricing categories offered in that market. But pricing is very different from availability!

I checked to the point of ordering a few weeks ago as Joel suggested above and found nothing actually available at all.

My brother lives in Orlando so I will put our car seat in his car. Our hotel has a shuttle to Disney as well, but in the event that my brother is unavailable or the shuttle doesn't work out, we are looking into uber car seat as a back-up option. It won't be our only mode of transportation. As others suggested, I checked in the app and it looks like currently there is no availability for UberX Car Seat, but only Uber XL Car seat which is even more expensive. At one point, it was 60 bucks for a 10 minute ride! I saw it as low as 25 though.

My brother lives in Orlando so I will put our car seat in his car. Our hotel has a shuttle to Disney as well, but in the event that my brother is unavailable or the shuttle doesn't work out, we are looking into uber car seat as a back-up option. It won't be our only mode of transportation. As others suggested, I checked in the app and it looks like currently there is no availability for UberX Car Seat, but only Uber XL Car seat which is even more expensive. At one point, it was 60 bucks for a 10 minute ride! I saw it as low as 25 though.
If you are taking your own car seat, you don't need Uber Car seat. You can go in any Uber. The driver will almost certainly ask you to install the car seat yourself, but other than that you should be good.

The problem will come if you are Ubering to the parks, because then you will have to lug the car seat around all day.

What about a car seat that mates with a stroller? Then you could just push it around all day.

What about a car seat that mates with a stroller? Then you could just push it around all day.
Those are generally only good up to 22lbs for infants. Without knowing the age and size of the child it's hard to make any recommendations.

Are there lockers large enough to hold the car seat? If not, and you're already looking at a $10 surcharge (each way), have you looked into the cost of renting a car + $25 parking fee and bringing your own car seat?

Are there lockers large enough to hold the car seat? If not, and you're already looking at a $10 surcharge (each way), have you looked into the cost of renting a car + $25 parking fee and bringing your own car seat?

I would be using it maybe once or twice. My brother lives there and has a car and our hotel has a shuttle to the parks. The uber car seat would be a back-up

If you are taking your own car seat, you don't need Uber Car seat. You can go in any Uber. The driver will almost certainly ask you to install the car seat yourself, but other than that you should be good.

The problem will come if you are Ubering to the parks, because then you will have to lug the car seat around all day.

I would be bringing a car seat and leaving it in my brother's car. IT is too big for even the largest lockers available so I wouldn't be able to use it in an uber.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter