uber from Sanford

TALB

Mouseketeer
I am flying into sanford Airport and was wondering if Uber will pick up there and about how much it would cost to be taken to the Hilton across the street from Disney Springs? Thanks

I am flying into sanford Airport and was wondering if Uber will pick up there and about how much it would cost to be taken to the Hilton across the street from Disney Springs? Thanks
Yes, official estimate on the Uber website is $37-$48 for UberX, $63-$82 for UberXL. You'll need XL if you have more than 2 passengers with a typical load of luggage.

Really? That doesn't seem right. As I recall, it's about an hour drive. But what do I know.

Yes, official estimate on the Uber website is $37-$48 for UberX, $63-$82 for UberXL. You'll need XL if you have more than 2 passengers with a typical load of luggage.

I don't know if Uber includes tolls in their estimates, it could be higher due to the toll roads involved and Best Aunt is correct, it's quite a drive and that estimate does seem low.

I live about 7 minutes from Sanford. It takes me 55 minutes on average to get to property using I4. Going the toll costs me $7 or $8 and only saves about 15 minutes during the day. Maybe 5 minutes at night.
If you really wanted to cheap it over time you could uber to the sunrail station and ride it all the way down the uber 15 minutes over to Disney Springs

Google Maps suggests 417 to 528, cutting across to I-4. It estimates 47 miles @ 49 minutes. Doing the math and adding in Uber's service charge, that comes out to $39 for UberX, not including tolls. So the actual cost would probably be in the upper half of the range quoted, including tolls.

That's based on the actual time & mileage crossing over on 528. Since Uber now sets the fare in advance based on their own mysterious estimates rather than actual time & mileage, it could be higher.

I will have a 7 year old and an almost 6 year old. Does anyone know if we need booster seats and if there's and Uber with those?

I will have a 7 year old and an almost 6 year old. Does anyone know if we need booster seats and if there's and Uber with those?
The 5-yo is required by FL law to be in a booster seat. Neither Uber nor Lyft offer car seats or booster seats from Sanford. You could purchase a Bubble Bum or something similar before your trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter