• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Uber into Disney Resort without being a resort guest?

DisneyDad_UK

Earning My Ears
Hi Guys,

Me, my wife and 9 yr old son are looking forward to our 2 week trip to Florida in Feb to visit Disney World and Universal again (6th time..lol ).

This time, we are staying off property (
Quality Inn & Suites By The Lake), so I have been planning on how to get around Disney property.

If not using the complimatary hotel shuttle, I planned to Uber to the close parks (Animal Kingdom or Hollywood Studios), but for further Parks like the magic kindgom, I was planning on getting an Uber to the All Star Sports hotel resort and then taking the free disney bus.

I've read through the pandamic that security were not letting drivers/passengers through the gate into the hotel resort if they were not hotel guests. Is this still true and will me plan not work?

Failing that, I've read that if I Uber to animal kingdom, I am able to get a disney bus from there to the other parks. Question is, is this available early in the morning, or only in the afternoon for park hopping? Are there regular buses or is this a bad plan?

Thanks in advance for any info you can share!

Wayne.

Park hopping begins at 2p. Buses between parks doesn't start until 1-1:30p.

You could wind up waiting 20-30 minutes for a Disney bus at Allstars. Spend the extra few dollars, is it even $5, and Uber to the park.

There may be an issue Ubering to a hotel in walking distance to a park such as the Contemporary.

Hi Guys,

Me, my wife and 9 yr old son are looking forward to our 2 week trip to Florida in Feb to visit Disney World and Universal again (6th time..lol ).

Quality Inn & Suites By The Lake), so I have been planning on how to get around Disney property.

If not using the complimatary hotel shuttle, I planned to Uber to the close parks (Animal Kingdom or Hollywood Studios), but for further Parks like the magic kindgom, I was planning on getting an Uber to the All Star Sports hotel resort and then taking the free disney bus.

I've read through the pandamic that security were not letting drivers/passengers through the gate into the hotel resort if they were not hotel guests. Is this still true and will me plan not work?

Failing that, I've read that if I Uber to animal kingdom, I am able to get a disney bus from there to the other parks. Question is, is this available early in the morning, or only in the afternoon for park hopping? Are there regular buses or is this a bad plan?

Wayne.
So as PP mentioned, there are no park to park buses until PH starts which is at 2pm. I've never tried hopping before 2p but I'd presume park to park buses may start a little bit before that.

Ubering to a resort when you're not a guest is a gamble. You may get in or you might be turned away. In all honesty, it would be easier for you to just uber to the park or take the hotel shuttle. The 3 miles difference between ubering to sports vs MK isn't going to be some major $$ saver. Plus you're then ubering to sports just to then wait on a bus. Not really the best use of time imo.

Thanks for your replies, guys!

I think my main reason for this is for Magic Kindgom, as I've heard Uber prices directly there (well, to the TTC) from 192 can reach silly prices at peak times, so assumed Ubering to the nearest Disney hotel and getting the free bus would save some $$ :)

But sure, it's probably not worth it just to save a few bucks (I'm coming through as a right cheapskate..LOL)

Just by way of fun, do you beleive that if we were simply walking down the sidewalk there which goes from Mcdonolds to All Star Sports on West Buena Vista Drive, (the sidewalk goes past but is not directly next to the security gate kiosk), that the security guard would still stop and question folks walking in? (or to put it another way, would AS Sports guests that are simply walking to Mcdonolds and back, still get security checked)?

Last edited:

I think my main reason for this is for Magic Kindgom, as I've heard Uber prices directly there (well, to the TTC) from 192 can reach silly prices at peak times, so assumed Ubering to the nearest Disney hotel and getting the free bus would save some $$ :)

But sure, it's probably not worth it just to save a few bucks (I'm coming through as a right cheapskate..LOL)

Just by way of fun, do you beleive that if we were simply walking down the sidewalk there which goes from Mcdonolds to All Star Sports on West Buena Vista Drive, (the sidewalk goes past but is not directly next to the security gate kiosk), that the security guard would still stop and question folks walking in?
Likely would run into the same issue, you just don't know what disney security will do. I would say you could try it, it could work one day and then not the next, unfortunately you really don't know. February is not the worst time to be walking around WDW since it's not hot but walking a half mile down the road to catch a park bus from a resort you aren't staying at to get to MK seems counterintuitive if you have a free hotel shuttle that will take you to MK.

It's unlikely you'll be able to uber in to a resort, especially a resort with easy transportation to a park. Walking, however, should work. People walk from the parks to resorts all the time. If you have to go past the gate tho, I'm not 100% sure what they would say. It's not about Disney not wanting people to see the resorts (you can use Disney transportation to and from the resorts all you want), it's about the parking, and what have become insane pickup/dropoff areas. As prior posters have mentioned, there is park to park bussing available starting around 1-1:30 for park hopping. I echo the suggestion to just uber to the park, and Disney transportation from there.

My experience was about 2 weeks ago at Coronado Springs. We took a Lyft from the airport and one night we went off property and took a Lyft back. When arriving both times by Lyft the driver pulled up to security and told them they had a drop off. We were never asked to scan our bands or give a name or room number they lifted the gate and we got waved through. The night we went off property we left from HS at closing and there was no surge pricing.

As others have said it won't cost much more going directly to/from the parks and will save you a lot of time and possibly aggravation. Especially if you have to wait for more then one bus to get back to a resort.

Hi Guys,

Wayne.
Just take the Lyft or Uber to the entrance, you will actually get dropped off at a spot better than premier parking at AK

I think my main reason for this is for Magic Kindgom, as I've heard Uber prices directly there (well, to the TTC) from 192 can reach silly prices at peak times,
Check Uber and Lyft. Wait a few minutes. Super high surge pricing doesn’t last that long.

And as an aside, if you take a rideshare to MK, you will be let off at the TTC and will have to take the ferry or monorail to MK. There is no way around this unless you make a reservation for a meal at one of the monorail resorts--and not just. make the reservation, but keep it.

I wouldn't risk walking to a resort. What if they don't let you in? Now you're kinda stranded. Also, unlike a PP, when I've taken a rideshare back to my resort, the guard at the gate has indeed asked my name to verify I'm staying there and also scanned my MB.

My experience was about 2 weeks ago at Coronado Springs. We took a Lyft from the airport and one night we went off property and took a Lyft back. When arriving both times by Lyft the driver pulled up to security and told them they had a drop off. We were never asked to scan our bands or give a name or room number they lifted the gate and we got waved through. The night we went off property we left from HS at closing and there was no surge pricing.

As others have said it won't cost much more going directly to/from the parks and will save you a lot of time and possibly aggravation. Especially if you have to wait for more then one bus to get back to a resort.
They are more likely to be more picky if it's a resort from which you can walk to a park.

Last edited:
We went in the spring and security never queationed the uber driver when we took one to a resort to stop and have drinks. Just our experience. I dont think they care if you are not trying to park a car there.

If you are trying to avoid a high surge price to MK, maybe Uber to Epcot and then monorail to the TTC. I think its a big time suck and only would do it if it’s significant savings. I don’t use ride shares enough to really know how the pricing works. But, as others have said, resort security will be hit or miss if you try to get in. We took Lyft to WL and the guard did check. I had an ADR so we were let in. Also it happened at Beach Club too. Security checked that I was either a guest or had an ADR.

Just by way of fun, do you beleive that if we were simply walking down the sidewalk there which goes from Mcdonolds to All Star Sports on West Buena Vista Drive, (the sidewalk goes past but is not directly next to the security gate kiosk), that the security guard would still stop and question folks walking in? (or to put it another way, would AS Sports guests that are simply walking to Mcdonolds and back, still get security checked)?

Don't be penny wise and pound foolish. Don't waste precious Disney time trying to save a few bucks. I can't imagine trying to walk from the McDonalds to an All Star, just to avoid paying a few dollars. it isn't worth it.

If there is surge pricing it will be to anywhere it just means there are less cars then people wanting to use the service regardless of destination.

We've gotten in to both Contemporary (to walk to MK) and Yacht Club (to walk to HS) with just showing a quick service, mobile order pickup for as early as we could get.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter